+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By PacesAces

Thread: Balance these warfronts...

Soulwalker

Default Balance these warfronts...

Dear Trion,

You should really break Warfronts into two prestige groups to make it fair, because new 50's will get rickrolled by higher prestiged players which is not fun and will discourage people not to play...hence my post. In my opinion there should be two brackets prestige ranks 0-5, and 6-8.

velcum to ze forums.

Xaa
    Soulwalker

Really!?!?! I guess he skipped all the "long queues" posts.

Regards

It never ceases to amaze me how many threads like this pop up near daily. Yes a new 50 will get wtf owned, but really it doesn't take that long maybe a few hours to get r2 and if you pvped at all on your way to 50 you should have the favor to get your beginner set quickly. The main problem I see is dps thinking they can go pew pew a r8 and cry when they (and rightly so) get wtf pwned by said r8. Its like going into Hammerknell in greens (I know theres restrictions but you get the point) and crying because you get insta gibbed by the first boss.

Another problem and I have mixed feelings on this subject is while there are some things most souls can do while ranking, such as archon, bardin or healin it up and I suppose a warrior could warlord it up, a lot of people say they don't like said roles. I use to hate the thought of barding until I tried it. Its become one of my fav specs to use in certain fights though I always default to Sin when able. My advice is to try and support your team, your still going to get rocked by r8s if they focus you but you can make a noticeable difference by supporting.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by PacesAces View Post
    Dear Trion,

You should really break Warfronts into two prestige groups to make it fair, because new 50's will get rickrolled by higher prestiged players which is not fun and will discourage people not to play...hence my post. In my opinion there should be two brackets prestige ranks 0-5, and 6-8.
    Great idea...can all of us that died 50 thousand times get a pro-rated bump to our favor based on a percentage of the matches we might have won if the warfronts had been split 1-4 and 4-8 ?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rowwan View Post
    Great idea...can all of us that died 50 thousand times get a pro-rated bump to our favor based on a percentage of the matches we might have won if the warfronts had been split 1-4 and 4-8 ?
    No dont cry

Quote Originally Posted by PacesAces View Post
    Dear Trion,

You're a little late, might want to try reading one of the dozen threads on the FIRST PAGE that are up because they sort-of did this.
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Soulwalker

Default Dexder

if trion is going to balance anything, it should be the faction ratio in shards.... not saying to stop ppl from creating more defiants or guardians, but at less show the ratio in each shards .... there are just too many shards in this game.... should just close some low popularity shards and encurage players to fill up some servers.......

in terms of getting owned by high ranks, supporting role i 100% agree when u are low rank.... if u are not going to do any dps, go heals and support... silience ppl, stun them, snare, run with the group CC everyone in your way and just enjoy the game.... getting better gears r just matter of time

peace and love,
    and enjoy while it last lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me how many threads like this pop up near daily. Yes a new 50 will get wtf owned, but really it doesn't take that long maybe a few hours to get r2 and if you pvped at all on your way to 50 you should have the favor to get your beginner set quickly. The main problem I see is dps thinking they can go pew pew a r8 and cry when they (and rightly so) get wtf pwned by said r8. Its like going into Hammerknell in greens (I know theres restrictions but you get the point) and crying because you get insta gibbed by the first boss.

Another problem and I have mixed feelings on this subject is while there are some things most souls can do while ranking, such as archon, bardin or healin it up and I suppose a warrior could warlord it up, a lot of people say they don't like said roles. I use to hate the thought of barding until I tried it. Its become one of my fav specs to use in certain fights though I always default to Sin when able. My advice is to try and support your team, your still going to get rocked by r8s if they focus you but you can make a noticeable difference by supporting.
    It amazes me how so many fail to grasp the concept here.

When you pool 1-8 together the opportunity for imbalance goes up remarkably, if you pool 1-5, then 6-8 the chance for a balanced match becomes much greater. Fun for all except those who just want ezmode farming.

Quote Originally Posted by KalToreth View Post
    Pfft.

Lies. The other day i was hunting guardians in stillmore, and a bloody 48 rogue came and ***** me. He played like a damn god! ./Bow_head. He timed everything so well, and used LOS when he could. I dont think ive never fought such a good rogue before.

And im not a bad pvp player, as thats all i do =) (Pve makes me wanna shoot kittens.) Mage p8, not a specific spec i play, i change a lot.

Point is, a good player have a good chance. So if you use most of your time whining, moaning and generally beeing a complaining brat - Well, then you sure *** hell wont get any better.

I refuse to use the word "l2p" as I dont know you. And quite frankly, i find that word arrogant, belligerent and damn condescending. For all I know, you might be a pretty good player, so ill leave it at that. But bro. Look on the bright side. If you learn to play good while lesser geared, that will make you a bloody dangerous player when your rise in gear level =)

Pardon the typos, im a Norwegian.
    The Kal.
    Trolling or Lying. A P8 Mage would be able to kill a level 48 with auto attack.

I have Icicled 50s in T3 Raid Gear for 4k and I am only P5 on my Mage. They ususually die after my Raging Storm and then when I shard them to debuff. Only Tanks in PvE gear last long enough to meet the Icicle. I call total ******** on a level 48 beating a P8 Mage. Did you have 0 Points spent in your three souls. Even then im pretty sure you could beat a level 48. Just Spam whatever the 0 point attack is and you would win because there is no way hes breaking through your 1k+ valor and 8k of hp before your <insert untalented 0 point ability> eventually kills them.
    Last edited by Weakest; 11-23-2011 at 09:21 PM.

Guildwarstwo@Faeblight - Rogue
    Aesthetic@Faeblight - Mage
    Toms@Faeblight - Rogue
    Solemnity@Faeblight - Cleric
    Skill@Faeblight - Warrior

If you can't compete with p6 - 8 damage as a lower rank then I guess you can just do it the old fashioned way and complete warfront objectives which don't all require high rank and actually wins games, thus getting you a higher rank faster.
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-23-2011 at 09:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    If you can't compete with p6 - 8 damage as a lower rank then I guess you can just do it the old fashioned way and complete warfront objectives which don't all require high rank and actually wins games, thus getting you a higher rank faster.
    In an ideal world yeah - try running stones in Scion when they have the bridge and have a rank7 rogue in the church ganking stone runners.

Lower ranks can only complete objectives when they are ignored - or if they thay are paired with equally low ranks.

How do you run stones in Scion when they control bridge/church? Answer: you can't

I'm a happy camper though - love the new changes and the extra 5 minute wait is well worth the competitive battles. TY Trion.
    Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

Quote Originally Posted by ShieldSlash View Post
    if trion is going to balance anything, it should be the faction ratio in shards.... not saying to stop ppl from creating more defiants or guardians, but at less show the ratio in each shards .... there are just too many shards in this game.... should just close some low popularity shards and encurage players to fill up some servers.......

in terms of getting owned by high ranks, supporting role i 100% agree when u are low rank.... if u are not going to do any dps, go heals and support... silience ppl, stun them, snare, run with the group CC everyone in your way and just enjoy the game.... getting better gears r just matter of time

peace and love,
    and enjoy while it last lol
    The only way they could do this is match one team against another regardless of faction. This is how it works in EQ2.
    But then EQ2 doesn't have a rank system in battlegrounds, and the time from ungeared to geared is minimal.

As for splitting warfronts even further. No thanks. After waiting 45 minutes for Scion then zoning in as it was done, I feel they are split enough.
    The tide will soon turn though and it will be the lower ranks complaining about queue times. You know.. the ones that wanted rank separation in the first place.

The above is MY OPINION and it is in no way intended to upset anyone. Peace, love and rainbows to all. Bless.

Den of Madness | Greybriar | Den of Badness | Derpwood

Looks like a sock...

I just wonder of who.

Soulwalker

Well from a new player perspective I can say, yes, it is quite discuraging to enter a WF knowing someone will 4-shot you. Having someone at r5 6-7-shotting you is much better.

But no I wouldn't want this since one day I'll be able to farm low tiers also.

+ Reply to Thread