+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Results 46 to 57 of 57
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: New que system =)

  1. #46
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Amarayna View Post
    The new que matching system is working awesome Trion, most if not all the WF's I've been in the score has been very close. Before the change we would lose 90% of the time and I was ready to leave pvp for good, now it's pretty damn even, sure we still have the blow outs by the premades, but those have been far and few between lately

    Thank you, and hopefully more people will come back and also new players will start to pvp

    PS: no change in que times either ...... awesome

    PS: 15 min queue times for me! Maybe its my battlegroup (3springs), or the fact im punished for being r8.
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

  2. #47
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rowwan View Post
    hmmm just the opposite experience here....getting nothing but completely lopsided matches...groups/raid set ups that may have 1 rank 8 and everyone else ranks 1-4.....then the opposing team is all rank 5-8.....
    Needless to say the poor folks that are less than rank 4 and only averaging 3k-5k hp are in less than awe at getting one shotted and crit for 6-10k a pop....
    But glad everyone else seems to be enjoying the more balanced warfronts....
    Rank 8's get hit just as hard as rank 2's. Just we have a bit more hp at this stage.

    VALOR IS ALL THE SAME (minus maybe an extra hundred or so from enchants/source machine..which you can get before you even queue for a warfront)
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

  3. #48
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    35

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sun Tzu View Post
    ill make you a deal--- the Losers will get no credit because they stink and contribute nothing-
    whenever you get no advancement from killing said loser because they offer no challenge-
    i dont think you would agree to that--
    Yes that is exactly how it should be. I come from DAoC. If a high rank player killed a low rank player they would get almost no realm points(favor). In fact if the discrepency was too large you would get 1 point instead of hundreds. On the flip side if somehow you managed to kill a high rank with a low one you would get huge bonus rewards.

    R8's should get almost nothing killing a R1 in this game because its no challenge.

    Fun for me is competition, i dont play football or hockey anymore as im too old, I play golf and pvp video games to compete. If everyone wins and we all just have fun and hold hands why even play...

    Back on topic, merge all servers, let the babies beat up on eachother till they all get r8 and THEN still get stomped, then what will the excuse be?

  4. #49
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Rank 8's get hit just as hard as rank 2's. Just we have a bit more hp at this stage.

    VALOR IS ALL THE SAME (minus maybe an extra hundred or so from enchants/source machine..which you can get before you even queue for a warfront)
    That's not true at all.....


    Rank 2 players do not have a full source machine with all the essences. A fully geared rank 8 has 1150 valor where as most Rank 2 players are going to have the base 751, and maybe the SM and some greens, so at most ~850, maybe 900 if they got the chest enchant.


    That 250-300 valor gap is roughly 9.8-11.7% more damage that they're taking... and yes... that is a lot when you have 60% of the HP.

  5. #50
    Ascendant Mako482's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,493

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    .

    0-4

    Scores:

    1000-975 LOR which was the only good match
    3-0 WF
    500-10 typical BG
    1000-499 LOR and the score makes it look closer than it was
    Continuing....have not played a lot today...

    1000-752 win in library
    1-0 loss in WF......was farmed...they couldve won 3-0 fast
    1-0 loss in WF
    3-1 win in WF
    500-150 loss in BG I healed (bard) for like 250k, stupid team
    500-210 loss in BG

    2-8 total record so far today......mostly lopsided.
    Last edited by Mako482; 11-23-2011 at 03:47 PM.

  6. #51
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Rank 8's get hit just as hard as rank 2's. Just we have a bit more hp at this stage.

    VALOR IS ALL THE SAME (minus maybe an extra hundred or so from enchants/source machine..which you can get before you even queue for a warfront)
    Sigh.

    Auden, no you don't "get hit just as hard" as an R2. Damage is meaningless except as it relates to your target's health pool total to 0, the point of death. It is a ratio.

    This means, for instance, an R2 with say 5000 HP getting hit for 2500 loses 50% of their HP in one shot. That's the identifier for "how hard" that R2 was hit, 1/2 of their total HP. That's a big hit.

    Take an R8 with say 9500 HP getting hit for 2500, and the loss is 26%, not 50%. This is a much smaller hit to the character's HP though the applied damage number is the same.

    Because what identifies "how hard" someone is hit isn't the damage number alone. It's the RATIO between the damage applied and total HP. 2500/5000 = 50% 2500/9500 = 26%

  7. #52
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    The new system is wonderful. The queues now allow me to do my laundry cook dinner and anything else i need done. It is amazing how thoughtful trion is to make queues longer so we can get things done in real life. They are very considerate to the more faithful pvp players since they are now allowing 30min bathroom breaks in between matches.

    Currently 19m average wait 43s. If lower ranked are getting the 43s that is just messed up.

  8. #53
    Rift Chaser Healsabub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    321

    Default

    I've noticed zero difference in my que times on my rank 5. By the time I get to rank 6 and beyond I assume that most of the people that Ive been in warfronts with will also.
    Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

  9. #54
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    12

    Default

    I've been getting games without any healers on our side all night. I don't know what they've changed, but I sure hope they'll change it back soon... >.<

    So much for completing the daily pvp today...

  10. #55
    Plane Touched Tsarra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    221

    Default

    Note to OP:

    Queue: What we sit in all day, waiting for some action.
    Que: My cat's name. He's awfully adorable.
    Cue: Found near a billiards table.
    Q: The 17th letter of the alphabet.

    Hope that helps.

  11. #56
    Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nondeplume View Post
    They are very considerate to the more faithful pvp players since they are now allowing 30min bathroom breaks in between matches.
    Surely PvP players should be PvPing between matches...

  12. #57
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    Surely PvP players should be PvPing between matches...
    And dueling or raiding the enemy main city if they can't find people for world PvP.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts