+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: You are definately NOT useless under p8.

Default You are definately NOT useless under p8.

I logged onto my mage today for the first time in maybe a month, decided I wanted to try out the 1.6 changes in pvp. I was consistantly leading the KB/damage boards and I'm sitting at p3 with 600 valor. I'm sick and tired of people claiming to be useless at lower ranks. Sure I can die in a few seconds if I get focused by too many people, but I know how to CC the right people and use LoS and terrain to my advantage. I'm still dishing out plenty of damage with a pyro/dom spec.

A few of the 20+ warfronts I did, all with similar results, I took some of losing and winning games to show a variation:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...121175709.jpg/
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...121163058.jpg/

I could have even made a larger impact in these games in a healing spec but I wanted to show dps, reason being most of the QQ'rs hate the suggestion of going heals or support.

And before anyone says, ah hes prolly in crazy hk dps gear. No, I had relic staff, a few peices of crafted crap (hence only 605 valor) and a source machine I just filled out with blues from the auction house.
    (_(_)_) -Gambiit- (_(_)_)
    always watching

good pvpers.

LOS single targets from their healers.
    dont bite off more they can chew
    know when to retreat

BAD pvpers
    run straight from spawn to the last place of know death
    die to ^
    repeat/

dont alter their strategy.

my buddy ive quoted... has said it already.
    "Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."Albert Einstein
    Last edited by Feid; 11-21-2011 at 09:38 AM.
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

the best is in black garden when someone starts attacking you and is liek zomg low rank gonna kill this guy, then you kite them in circles around the tree as the rest of your team kills them, and they never drop you as target the entire time.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 11-21-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    the best is in black garden when someone starts attacking you and is liek zomg low rank gonna kill this guy, then you kite them in circles around the tree as the rest of your team kills them, and they never drop you as target the entire time.
    I do this a lot

Soulwalker

I think its very class dependent. And gear dependent as well. As a low rank Mage you can do work of course, but a low rank warrior is going to have a tougher time of it.

That said I find at P6 I can top kbs pretty regularly as a rogue.

Impressive. First screenshot i viewed was a little questionable because of the fact that they had such a low score (aka means other side farmed) but the other was spot on. It looks rather close and i am pretty impressed. Very nice job.

Quote Originally Posted by LOveRH View Post
    Impressive. First screenshot i viewed was a little questionable because of the fact that they had such a low score (aka means other side farmed) but the other was spot on. It looks rather close and i am pretty impressed. Very nice job.
    Thank you, I also wanted to show games where I recieved little to no heals besides self inflicted... and basically that consisted of ironpine melange, cuz I left all my pots on my rogue.
    always watching

Rift Disciple

I can second this, for rogues that is.

Run your stones, cap your flags, win your team a whitefalls match, all possible from rank 1 up. Gear, trinkets, and pots only add to your survivability, but aren't an absolute requirement to make a difference on the scoreboard.

Can't beat that R8 warrior? Don't, go grab a stone and directly impact your teams odd of winning. Go ninja a flag preventing them from earning points temporarily, even if they recapture it. It's about delay tactics and strategy over brute force while your leveling.

You should have enough slots for at least one run build imo (which should include stealth abilities).
    Last edited by Cored; 11-21-2011 at 11:02 AM.
    Shard Firsts - Both Warfronts, same shard.

Port Scion personal best: 15 stones in one match. Have you done the same? Unlikely.
    Rank 6 Rogue

Majority of the qq'rs are people who want to jump in and top KB's and damage but have no idea how to go about it, you cant run into the middle and aoe stuff no matter how much you might want to.
    always watching

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    warrior in 1.3-1.4, rogue in 1.5, now it's 1.6 and busts out the mage that was discarded after 1.2, everyone look how well i derp!
    jump on that r5 warrior of yours and repeat this this please.
    ok, that might be a little too challenging. try to be even half as good with double the prestige rank.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rogues been my main since launch.. got a problem with me having alts? My mage didnt even hit lvl 50 till 1.4

I also have a 50 cleric (wifes), guess Im an fotm roller derper.

Oh if it wasn't for the dbags where would we be
    always watching

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    Rogues been my main since launch.. got a problem with me having alts? My mage didnt even hit lvl 50 till 1.4

I also have a 50 cleric (wifes), guess Im an fotm roller derper.

Oh if it wasn't for the dbags where would we be
    the accusation of you being a fotm player was only half my point.

the other half, is that it is very easy to perform as a mage right now, regardless of rank.
    achieving the same results on a low/mid rank warrior would be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the accusation of you being a fotm player was only half my point.

the other half, is that it is very easy to perform as a mage right now, regardless of rank.
    achieving the same results on a low/mid rank warrior would be impossible.
    K warriors might not be in a spectacular place right now but I still do well on my p5, I usually play as SnB subdue spec, it's a whole different ballgame but I contribute to my team winning be keeping everyone alive and absorbing damage, hand me a pocket healer and we wont ever lose a node. Thing is I can do this on my wife's p2 cleric and I know if my rogue was low rank I could do it on him too. People exagerate, heavily, how hard it is to be useful.

So no, I'm not an fotm player and no I couldn't go 17-0 on my warrior in its current state but I rarely dps in a pvp match on him, and yet I do my job and enjoy it.
    always watching

This is incredibly miss-leading, you show a couple of warfronts, we have no idea what the opposition your going against is, since the WF balancing happened your probably now paired with lower ranks (opposition wise) because I tell you one thing, your battlegroup must be full of rubbish players if your getting those kind of scores, a mage with 5k health is a 3-4 shot kill for me. I could post screenies of my random 20+ kills, sometimes you get them, most of the time you just get stomped, at P3 anyway.
    Last edited by Osmosis; 11-21-2011 at 04:02 PM.
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    This is incredibly miss-leading, you show a couple of warfronts, we have no idea what the opposition your going against is, since the WF balancing happened your probably now paired with lower ranks (opposition wise) because I tell you one thing, your battlegroup must be full of rubbish players if your getting those kind of scores, a mage with 5k health is a 3-4 shot kill for me. I could post screenies of my random 20+ kills, sometimes you get them, most of the time you just get stomped, at P3 anyway.
    This exactly. The balancing for WF's just happened. You are probably fighting p0-p4 mostly. At p3, you should be able to do well. Go get stuck in a p6-p8 game and see how roflstomped you get. It won't even be close. That was what drove complaints before, being p4 or below getting farmed by p6+ It wasn't even a contest, just dead in 3-4 globals.

Hektik

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast