+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: You are definately NOT useless under p8.

I dont see why warangel has such a problem with this? He's proven the topic of the post multiple times now. You are definately NOT useless under p8. How can you argue that?

Quote Originally Posted by Saffira View Post
    I dont see why warangel has such a problem with this? He's proven the topic of the post multiple times now. You are definately NOT useless under p8. How can you argue that?
    I'm not arguing that. I'm saying that because of the recent changes to the game lower ranks are now able to contribute significantly, wheras they were not able to prior.

In the previos warfront que format, r2's were not playing other r2's - they were playing primarily higher ranks and certainly not leading in killing blows. Of course, the stubborn people will make unfounded claims that this was happening all of the time, but it simply isn't true.

All that the screenshots prove is that the balancing of warfronts is working as intended.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Warangel View Post
    They were? Where are all of the r2 screen shots showing 20 killing blows? I never saw any - all I've read is that you needed to play support roles because r2 can't kill anything. Now you can kill as a lower rank, but according to you it's been that way the entire time.

And what does "you guys" refer to? The people that recognize that the changes Trion recently made are benefitting newer players? Is it the lower ranked players that weren't having fun and are now? Is it all the "bad" players, (you being in that "pro" player grouping)?
    I'm not going to trawl through the forums to link them for you but there have been many. Just because you choose to ignore them when it doesn't fit your agenda doesn't mean they weren't there.

'You guys' refers to those who first supported Warfront segregation by rank. The recent changes were in direct response to those sorts of complains. While it has made the early PVP a more enjoyable experience it has severely dampened the fun at the other end of the scale, and this has nothing to do with killing low ranks, being 1337 or any of the terms you like to label me with.

I'll try and explain but you won't really get it until you get there, unless I'm mistaken. First let me say that I supported the change to pre-made queues as it made Warfronts a joke with so many organised teams vs pugs. I thought that random queuing and randomly distributed groups wasn't a bad way to do this and you could still group with a friend without penalty. A good compromise.

Damage in this game has always been quite high relative to HP pools/damage mitigation, healing was also very high as a counter (side effect of healers being just too strong), healing was reduced to the point that now DPS is greater. Focus fire from experienced players has always been hard to deal with, now it is completely off the scale.

The first issue: The queue system doesn't seem to just throw together any old group if there aren't enough players ready per bracket, it makes you wait, a long time sometimes. Eventually, if not enough high ranked players have queued it will let you into a random game. This is why you are seeing so few high ranks in your lower ranked games but yet you do occasionally see a few.

Then comes the real issue. When your high ranked matches do pop and you face a team of mostly R7-R8 players one of two things happens. Your group composition is pretty much going to be the deciding factor and if yours is better than theirs you will likely win, if not then lose. There is no randomness to the gear level, (this next part is important) the average damage level has just jumped up x2 and nobody has any better survivability. AOE damage x2 or more, HP pools up 1/3, mitigation the same.

Teams will always use marks. Key targets die to insane focus fire, just like in the premade days, and no amount of damage mitigation, LOS or L2P is going to save you. Now I'm not complaining that this always happens to me, as it often happens to my opponents, but it's not 'fun' for either side win or lose. Much of the 'skill' of PVP has gone away as damage is just off the charts in these fights.

It is a symptom of the gearflation. It was not so bad when there were one or two high ranks in a warfront but now there are many and it is insane. This is what annoys me about people who are constantly complaining about the lower tier PVP, the PVP that lasts the shortest amount of time. They take no thought to how people that also love playing it, and have done so for a long time, putting in many more hours, are affected.

I don't want them to change the system back to how it was, I want to compete against R8 players but I want them to sort out either a way of reducing damage at the top end (without unbalancing and breaking PVP gear in PVE) or come up with a solution in another fashion.

You know what makes the lower tiers fun now? They gave everyone the same level of valor so you didn't get burned down by high ranks, and now they give you a much lower average damage-per-warfront with that greater survivability. It's fun to live longer and play more, this has changed now at R8 into wait much longer, die or kill 3x faster, spend more time waiting at rez timer or waiting for them to get back from rez timers. At least when you died ranking up you knew your gear would get better, at R8 you play just for the fun as it doesn't ever get any 'better'.
    Last edited by IconoSton; 11-22-2011 at 03:31 PM.

I applaud the changes that attempt to match warfronts by ranks. It does make you feel more likely to be able to contribute.

What a large amount of people will not accept is that ;

" Constant count in queuing by groups of rank 8s has reduced the size of the warfront pool forcing Trion's hand"

Players must take responsibility for their own actions, the downsides of the new matching system arrived due to the count in cheats, who will as usual just move onto the next game when they have destroyed this one.
    Last edited by Duvain; 11-22-2011 at 03:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    K warriors might not be in a spectacular place right now but I still do well on my p5, I usually play as SnB subdue spec.
    you wasted 13 pts.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    They've left, becuase basically Rift PvP isn't very good...
    this basically. Though I think the warfront changes are excellent especially for us altaholics.
    Last edited by Vaine; 11-23-2011 at 09:19 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

What point are you trying to prove? That the warfront balancing that Trion implemented is now working? People are achieving these results because they are playing against similarly ranked toons. I think most, if not all, acknowledge that PvP is 100% better now that we are playing against teams that don't outrank us.

The warfronts now are often similar to the warfronts I experienced before 50 - those types of screen shots are a dime a dozen pre-50.

So congrats on doing well, but I don't understand what you're trying to prove other than lower ranks can now contribute thanks to Trion implementing rank balance in warfronts.
    So wf now are balanced and low ranks can contribute right?
    And Knightcrawler with screens proves that right?

So why are still every day poping new QQ threads about how imbalanced wf are and how they will Quit/cancel subs if Trion wont fix this?

I guess Trion should add two new buttons for wf: bads/crybabies - good players...
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

You are definately NOT useless under p8
    I loled

You are very much useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    So wf now are balanced and low ranks can contribute right?
    And Knightcrawler with screens proves that right?

So why are still every day poping new QQ threads about how imbalanced wf are and how they will Quit/cancel subs if Trion wont fix this?

I guess Trion should add two new buttons for wf: bads/crybabies - good players...
    show my qq threads threatening to quit ..please

the new system is working and now it's the r8's qq'ing

maybe they need a 3rd button for ignorance

show my qq threads threatening to quit ..please

the new system is working and now it's the r8's qq'ing

maybe they need a 3rd button for ignorance
    Where i said it's you QQ about quiting?

Look up in pvp forum, 1st page is enough to see these QQ threads about how unbalanced wf are and how they will quit if Trion wont fix it.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    Where i said it's you QQ about quiting?

Look up in pvp forum, 1st page is enough to see these QQ threads about how unbalanced wf are and how they will quit if Trion wont fix it.
    You quoted my post when making your complaint. At no point have I threatened to quit. Ignore the quitters - listen to those with legitimate complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Knightcrawler View Post
    my mage
    1.6 changes
    this sounds amazingly similar to 1.5, only i could have sworn mage used to be rogue.

how peculiar.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4