Like Tree11Likes

Thread: How do you handle Trash Talk?

outer team Trash talk/ Ignore /lol

inner team trash talk "take a zanex and chill tfo
    Now known as Menthol of galena.
    my spec http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z...uhcV.xxoAksqxk
    Wolfsbane =worst shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I typed this in another thread once, I have the perfect counter to anyone who taunts me for slipping away. I turn it into a hot cold game. For the next minute I'll tell them if they're getting hotter or colder as they run around the place aoeing trying to find me. As If I don't have hidden veil up or something. /troll face
    Lol nice.

My bud doesn't get that phased though. He doesn't fall for that scam. Just runs around back to our team and randomly uses aoe.

I've seen warriors popping rogues out of hidden veil stealth lately by using a reaver build though. Lol
    60Rog/PR64 - Cleared - FT | EE
    1-button TOTALLY AFK Rogue and Cheerleader for Blitz!

There's varying levels of trash talk. Some of it lends to the atmosphere, some does not. I spent many years playing in the TDM/CTF scene in UT. Some of that trash talk would burn your ears (or eyes). I usually just try to defuse things with humor if possible.

I also remind myself, if it's a WF, that the match will be over in a few minutes and all of this will be a moot point. I also try to remind myself that there's a human being on the other side of that screaming character in a videogame, and maybe he's had a really bad day at work - his boss dumped all over him, etc. And to be able to go home, PVP, and call everyone n00bs, is his way of making life bearable enough to wake up tomorrow and face it all over again. Or I try to picture the person nerdraging at their keyboard, and it makes me laugh enough to be completely unable to respond
    Ashrai@Deepwood
    Sporeslinger of <Godlike Awesomeness>

Quote Originally Posted by Raynald View Post
    Lol nice.

My bud doesn't get that phased though. He doesn't fall for that scam. Just runs around back to our team and randomly uses aoe.

I've seen warriors popping rogues out of hidden veil stealth lately by using a reaver build though. Lol
    Tbh I usually end up actually being truthful about the hot/cold hints. But sometimes they get close to me and I start bluffing and I've literally seen them run away from me cause of it, thinking I'm being 100% honest. Such good times.

warmer, warmer (oh ****) cold cold cold...getting colder.

/bails
    Last edited by Violacea; 11-21-2011 at 09:31 PM.

if by somehow im leader of the raid i usually just mark the said person and all the noobish players usually flock to em. still havent used ignore yet...it makes an already extremly quiet wf more interesting in my opinion. just love it when they really get fired up and start typing away without paying attention to whats going around them. by the time they have typed that wall of text ive already made it to them and got em down by at least half health.

Quote Originally Posted by Wintervoid View Post
    Just curious how people handle trash talk?

For myself, I just immediately put the person on ignore. Sometimes I will seek them out and kill them, but it seems that the ones that trash talk the most tend to travel in packs of 3-4 and prefer single targets.

I have actually had a few people tell me how bad I am, right before I killed them. I guess they considered me bad because I did not kill them as quickly as most others do.
    Kill them. Lather, rinse, repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenyth View Post
    I haven't been playing that long at all, But I already dislike what is happening, I see overpowered classes being buffed, and classes that are bad being nerfed, All because of the whiners on the forums. Do you even know what you're doin with pvp? because if it's not sorted outI'll probably quit.

I don't use harsh trash talk, but I use sarcasm heavily.

Situation humor is also great to get the defiants riled up.

I still wish I had more 1/2 birthday cake left! Sometimes when a lopsided warfront is in progress and no one will leave their spawn point, I had a macro that would lay down some cake on the ground and yell to the defiants to "Come out and play! Look I even brought cake!"

That usually caused a barrage of infantile language from my opponents that showed their true mental age.

I'm still waiting for the first pithy response to my targeted barbs.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4