+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Love the new PvP quests!

Shadowlander

Default Love the new PvP quests!

A few of the things I love about them......

I love that now, when I PvE to do my PvP quests, I get to kill mobs with over 13k hit points! It takes longer and they hit harder now! Awesome!

I love that I have to do PvE to do PvP quests! Could not think of a better way to do it!

I love that all of the PvE quests got a massive exp reward upgrade in the new zone, but the PvP quests stayed at 9900 exp! Awesome! I had no desire to level up my planar attunement anyways......filled with worthless pluses to spell power and intelligence.

The one thing I can't understand......why the gathering quests for PvP questing? Are these quests designed purely to create a killing ground for invisible rogues or something? Was the thinking something along the lines of.....Lets create a small box that players have to come into, and linger for a long period of time.....then my rogue will be able to pick them off at his leisure! ?

I couldn't believe I got shard firsts on all of them today.

I like the new quests, but I would like more exp/favor seeing how the mobs are beefier.

MMMMM... beefy.

Quote Originally Posted by canaddar View Post
    A few of the things I love about them......

I love that now, when I PvE to do my PvP quests, I get to kill mobs with over 13k hit points! It takes longer and they hit harder now! Awesome!

I love that I have to do PvE to do PvP quests! Could not think of a better way to do it!

I love that all of the PvE quests got a massive exp reward upgrade in the new zone, but the PvP quests stayed at 9900 exp! Awesome! I had no desire to level up my planar attunement anyways......filled with worthless pluses to spell power and intelligence.

The one thing I can't understand......why the gathering quests for PvP questing? Are these quests designed purely to create a killing ground for invisible rogues or something? Was the thinking something along the lines of.....Lets create a small box that players have to come into, and linger for a long period of time.....then my rogue will be able to pick them off at his leisure! ?
    I missed the part where people are twisting your arm to do 4 pvp quests.

what hub are these pvp quests?
    R8 Warrior
    Go Riftblade or go Home

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    what hub are these pvp quests?
    cant remember the name, but they were in teh south east of ember isle today for me.

OP - They are purely there to put lots of players in teh same place on pvp servers. If you are on a pvp server, go with a group. If you see a rogue ganking somone, help them, they may help you in return. They are there to facilitate world pvp, not make it easy. And whilst I'll agrue hard for balanced instanced pvp, when it comes to world pvp....deal with it. You chose to roll on a pvp server...
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Rift Chaser

I still can't find these quests and I've been all over that southeast temple.

I also can't picture just how terrible it would be trying to solo these on a PvP server (I moved to PvE) with the recent rogue infestation. You could power a whole nation with the rage !

If someone could point me to the start of the pvp quest chain I'd appreciate it, doing all the quests in the area in the meantime :P

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by ellej View Post
    I missed the part where people are twisting your arm to do 4 pvp quests.
    Nobody is twisting your arm.....however, why do the PvP quests require you to do a PvE quest to do them? That would be like requiring you to get to go up in PvP ranks in order to be able to equip that shiny new item you got in a dungeon.

Why don't they make the PvP quests something that gives exp that is equal to what you get on Ember Island, and put them in the BGs?

Some of the PvP quests are fine.....win a match in a bg, win 5 matches, kill 25 enemy players.....etc.

Quote Originally Posted by canaddar View Post
    Why don't they make the PvP quests something that gives exp that is equal to what you get on Ember Island, and put them in the BGs?

To promote world pvp?

But u don't like world pvp and want them to be done easy way in BG - thats why u QQ?
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Shadowlander

I searched and searched but could not find them either, does anyone know if have to have certain faction to be able to get them?

Shadowlander

Things they did with PvP is so damn ******ed. Takes way too damn long to get into a warfront now. Also as a healer it is impossible to do these new quests. I do not have a dps spec, and do not plan on getting rid of one of my current ones i need 3heal 2tank, with 2 made for pvp 3 for raid. Only way I was able to kill any was luring them to the guards nearby, which takes a long time. I ended up asking friends to help me finish it which tookk up some of their time. With same rewards yet taking 10 times as long it is just not worth doing the quests. This along with queues growing 5-10x as long makes it hard to do anything pvp related. I am on estrael so there is not a lot of world pvp. Any world pvp that occurs is usually one sided with defiants winning making it pointless. I do not have a lot of time and with current changes they are making it so I can rarely do anything pvp related since on a pve server. They did wonderful things for lower rank people yet screwed up those that play pvp more. Although I cant imagine how bad it is for low geared people to do these quests. Honestly what are the idiots making up these updates being paid to do? If there was an even amount of players withing the ranks it would be fine. Epic fail on this one favoring the ones that play less. Was planning on staying with RIFT at same time, however as it is it will just be better going to SWTOR and do open beta followed by game and just not bother with the waste of time. They need to just scrap all the changes they made, and make the new pvp quests worthwhile.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Treeost View Post
    I searched and searched but could not find them either, does anyone know if have to have certain faction to be able to get them?
    OP failed to clarify that the quests are not in addition to the old pvp quests, but rather are part of the rotation now (ie instead of Stillmoor quests you are sent to emerald Isle sometimes). I wasted time trying to find it too lol

Telaran

The new quests are just ******ed. As has been pointed out, they are twice as difficult to complete, yet yield the same result as the old quests. So basically we have doubled the risk, perhaps a bit more, yet the reward is exactly the same. On my alts who could actually use the rep and favor, this is just a pain in the *** and ends up being just a day i won't be doing the dailies. I do have a character that can breeze through it, but what is the point? The mobs take twice as long to kill and he is maxed on rep, so no point really.

For guys grinding rep this was a bad idea. It would be a decent idea if the favor/rep rewards were doubled or tripled, otherwise it just isn't in line with anything else. The game is truly just becoming more and more of a grind and this is only just a part of it. I have a R8 and a R7 pvp geared player, so i can take a little grind, but it's getting pretty repetitive and when the rewards do not match up it just becomes frustrating.

Aaah! Running free in the nature and gathering flowers and roots, while PvPing(?!?!?!)
    I feel like Heidi.

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog93 View Post
    The new quests are just ******ed. As has been pointed out, they are twice as difficult to complete, yet yield the same result as the old quests. So basically we have doubled the risk, perhaps a bit more, yet the reward is exactly the same. On my alts who could actually use the rep and favor, this is just a pain in the *** and ends up being just a day i won't be doing the dailies. I do have a character that can breeze through it, but what is the point? The mobs take twice as long to kill and he is maxed on rep, so no point really.

For guys grinding rep this was a bad idea. It would be a decent idea if the favor/rep rewards were doubled or tripled, otherwise it just isn't in line with anything else. The game is truly just becoming more and more of a grind and this is only just a part of it. I have a R8 and a R7 pvp geared player, so i can take a little grind, but it's getting pretty repetitive and when the rewards do not match up it just becomes frustrating.
    Whilst of a larger jump in scale the quests are no different to previously when you got the IPP dailies (no rep from level 42 creatures) compared to say Stillmoor (level 49-50).

In this case you do get more from the EI dailies in that you get an increase in the XP from each mob and lets be honest here, it doesn't take long at all to max your rep with the Unseen.
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Devildog93 View Post
    The new quests are just ******ed. As has been pointed out, they are twice as difficult to complete, yet yield the same result as the old quests. So basically we have doubled the risk, perhaps a bit more, yet the reward is exactly the same.
    Um, you can just pull the mobs close to the base defenses and get healed and let the turrets kill them if you are having issues.

Oh wait, that requires initiative, nm.

Personally I found them easy and enjoyed more variety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

+ Reply to Thread