+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Oh Prestige! Why are you such a...

Default Oh Prestige! Why are you such a...

G
    R
    I
    N
    D

I don't think you know what the term "Grind" means.
    Even free cost too much now

Shadowlander

I think it will work out that I have all of my R7 gear about the time I hit R8. I am going to hit R7 and be able to get no R7 gear (using points to build an artifact item with all focus stuff on it).

Ascendant

You have obviously never played a game which was a true grind.

Ranking up in Rift is a joke.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

It is a grind from my perspective. Key word here is perspective.

In MMO's Grind=something you repeat over and over numerous times to achieve a goal, typically becoming laborious and tedious long before the goal is reached.

Include fun and it is no longer a grind.

Therefore grind is all about perspective, one man's grind is another man's entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by Xney View Post
    You have obviously never played a game which was a true grind.

Ranking up in Rift is a joke.
    Its not about how long it takes, it about how painful it is. Daoc was a tough climb to 50 at release, but it was a fun game up to the endgame and beyond. When ToA was introduced it turned into a grind. Not so much for the trials, but for ranking up your items which took grinding mobs.

My Grandfather woke up everyday at 4am in the morning to work his fingers to the bone managing his farm until it got dark outside. He did this everyday for 50 years, until his time on this Earth was over in order to feed his family and put a roof over their heads.

This was a grind.

I play Rift about 2 hours a night. I watch cable TV in the background while q'ng for warfronts after finishing my daily quests. I gain at least half a pound from eating snacks in my heated basement during this time.

This is repetitive and sometimes boring, but it sure as hell is not a grind.

Threads like this make me want to puke.
    Last edited by Thranox; 11-18-2011 at 12:19 PM.
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Thranox View Post
    My Grandfather woke up everyday at 4am in the morning to work his fingers to the bone managing his farm until it got dark outside. He did this everyday for 50 years, until his time on this Earth was over in order to feed his family and put a roof over their heads.

This was a grind.

I play Rift about 2 hours a night. I watch cable TV in the background while q'ng for warfronts after finishing my daily quests. I gain at least half a pound from eating snacks in my heated basement during this time.

This is repetitive and sometimes boring, but it sure as hell is not a grind.

Threads like this make me want to puke.
    My ancestors fought every day for their survival
    They had to hunt dangerous Pangaean beasts just to feed their families
    People who think that sitting in little farmhouses and tilling soil is a hard life make me sick

Quote Originally Posted by Cupie View Post
    My ancestors fought every day for their survival
    They had to hunt dangerous Pangaean beasts just to feed their families
    People who think that sitting in little farmhouses and tilling soil is a hard life make me sick

I bet your ancestors that sacrificed for their survival are really pleased at having a descendant that cries when he doesn't get his way and then types the lyrics of Queen songs to relish in the victory of ruining a video game.

Good job clever guy. I see you joined in October. Yea. Enjoy your Jedi nerdery.
    Last edited by Thranox; 11-18-2011 at 01:04 PM.
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

hey gaiz my name is Aion did someone mention grind?

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    hey gaiz my name is Aion did someone mention grind?
    I would like that post twice if I could. I wanted to say the exact same thing but I was afraid I'd get yelled at lol.

every one *****ing about this post is really saying:

"hi im a r8 and it took me forever to get to r8, so anyone trying to shorten the GRIND to r8 makes me want to puke."

reason #1:

" i really don't want a wave of r8's in the game. because whats the point of being r8 if you don't outrank anyone?"

reason#2:

"IN THE OLD DAYS BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH."

in the old days when i played pvp if i killed you i took all of your gold and gear.
    seriously i play a r8 rogue MM ms and i really don't wont to grind like that on every toon i play. If you all haven't noticed by now trion helps the whiners at the moment its just extra flasks from veteran rewards. you all need to face the facts and see that sometime in the future it will change for the simple fact that everyday people stop playing this game and that's less money for trion. to be honest they don't give a crap about older players its the new ones paying for the 6 month subscription ready to get through all the achieves in the game and what not. they are a much better investment then the old R8 *****ing in a forum who could leave at any moment and has already found out the game is not balanced and imperfect.
    FINALLY TRION CAME THROUGH FOR US!!!!!!

I'm a Rank 2 and I just hit 50 on my first toon a few days go. So there goes your post. I just disagree that it's a grind at all. Gear is easy to get and I enjoy PvP so to me it's just fun ranking up. Anyone who doesn't like PvP shouldn't be doing it.

Also, you're whining about whining about whining. Just wanna point that out.

Quote Originally Posted by merkiba View Post
    every one *****ing about this post is really saying:

"hi im a r8 and it took me forever to get to r8, so anyone trying to shorten the GRIND to r8 makes me want to puke."

reason #1:

" i really don't want a wave of r8's in the game. because whats the point of being r8 if you don't outrank anyone?"

reason#2:

"IN THE OLD DAYS BLAHBLAHBLAHBLAHBLAH."

in the old days when i played pvp if i killed you i took all of your gold and gear.
    seriously i play a r8 rogue MM ms and i really don't wont to grind like that on every toon i play. If you all haven't noticed by now trion helps the whiners at the moment its just extra flasks from veteran rewards. you all need to face the facts and see that sometime in the future it will change for the simple fact that everyday people stop playing this game and that's less money for trion. to be honest they don't give a crap about older players its the new ones paying for the 6 month subscription ready to get through all the achieves in the game and what not. they are a much better investment then the old R8 *****ing in a forum who could leave at any moment and has already found out the game is not balanced and imperfect.

The mantra of a joined in October, anon troll. You'll fit in nicely with at least 3 people I can think of.

I'd pick apart a little more of your post, but I honestly can't even follow the sentence structure well enough to tell if you're an R8 or if you're a WoW Gladiator that has the developers on speed dial.

Either way, keep up the good work. You're bound to get at least one like every post you make as long as it's the opposite point of view I have.
    Last edited by Thranox; 11-18-2011 at 01:38 PM.
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    I'm a Rank 2 and I just hit 50 on my first toon a few days go. So there goes your post. I just disagree that it's a grind at all. Gear is easy to get and I enjoy PvP so to me it's just fun ranking up. Anyone who doesn't like PvP shouldn't be doing it.

Also, you're whining about whining about whining. Just wanna point that out.
    thats cute. well as you will soon find out. the time it takes to get from r1 to r2.. is VASTLY different then the time it take to get from r6 to r7, or r8. i give it 3 weeks when you're cool p vails run out you will be *****ing too.

don't get me wrong im not on either side of the argument BUT both have valid points and to say one is more important then the other is selfish.
    my goal in posts is to bring reason to the table.if you cant see the other persons point of view at ALL ok. but in most cases they have a point. and in most cases the ones *****ing are the ones who would have the most to lose.
    FINALLY TRION CAME THROUGH FOR US!!!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast