+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Oh Prestige! Why are you such a...

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sapheros View Post
    lol @ OP
    Nothing in this game is an extreme grind. Sure somethings take time to get but nothing too extreme.
    Go play FFXI then you can talk about a grind fest.
    Yes, because all games should be like FFXI. Good arguement

Quote Originally Posted by Dandy Cat View Post
    Yes, because all games should be like FFXI. Good arguement
    Yea, that was a bad argument. What he should have said was "EVERY FREAKING PROGRESSION BASED MMO IN THE HISTORY OF PROGRESSION BASED MMO'S HAS HAD A GRIND."

That would have been a better argument.
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thankyou trolls. I was only useing ffxi as an comparison. Wasn't trying to single out any one game.
    It was just the first one that came to mind after thinking about games with extreme grind.

Some people are finding it to be a grind.

I do not currently agree BUT, once I find it a grind ( in my mind that means, not fun) I will not be here to post about it as I will move on.

I appreciate some people post about things they dislike as an attempt to give the devs a chance to fix things in a game. I am not so kind. Once I stop having fun, I delete all chars and move on.

Deleting a 3 year old char in EvE gave me a great deal of enjoyment.

It's much less of a grind now that there are so many even matches. The grind existed prior to the change to warfront matchmaking IMO. Getting rolled by high ranks or rolling low ranks with lopsided wins is boring and repetitive for both sides.

So, getting P8, even P6-7 is grind?
    Really?
    You gotta be kidding, because grind is this: spending exact 1 day stomping mobs to repay exp loss from 1(one) death in Lineage 2 on high levels.
    Rift has no grind, maybe little traces of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyfoxy View Post
    So, getting P8, even P6-7 is grind?
    Really?
    You gotta be kidding, because grind is this: spending exact 1 day stomping mobs to repay exp loss from 1(one) death in Lineage 2 on high levels.
    Rift has no grind, maybe little traces of it.
    Once again - someone pointing out another game's failures and expecting people to accept it in newer games because they endured a bad experience 5 years ago. (Or maybe it was last year - who cares)

Once again - someone pointing out another game's failures and expecting people to accept it in newer games because they endured a bad experience 5 years ago. (Or maybe it was last year - who cares)
    You absolutely missed my point, sorries. I'm HAPPY that rift has no grind at all!

Useless thread and flaming. Constructive replies = 0.

Requires closure.

Soulwalker

I'm in on my second month of playing (ignore the join date, due to trying the beta) at the moment and I am Rank 7, will hit 8 this weekend. I've not played that very much, especially during normal weekdays as I don't have much time after work.

If you honestly think something so easy to achieve is a grind, well, I am speechless.
    Last edited by Oromish; 11-24-2011 at 04:53 AM.
    I, for one, welcome our new platypus overlords.

Rift Disciple

This all depends what side all you people play on and how many games you win. Im sure the Guardian in my battlegroup dont think its a grind, since they basically win every single game. Defiant on the other hand lose most of their games. I have tried to PvP in the morning, afternoon, night.. late night, no difference. So that means Im crazy for thinking its a grind right?

Telaran

Try plaing a game like Lineage 2 or Aion, then you will understand what a grind is. Not only a grind, but literally the same quest 500 times over to get enough of something to upgrade an item.

Rift Disciple

Like I said, what may not to be a grind to you, isnt going to be the same to someone else. And using that logic is just stupid, there is always another game out there that is a bigger grind fest. All I was trying to say is, for SOME people this feels likea grind. I know its not the biggest one in the gaming world, just saying.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kamashii View Post
    Like I said, what may not to be a grind to you, isnt going to be the same to someone else. And using that logic is just stupid, there is always another game out there that is a bigger grind fest. All I was trying to say is, for SOME people this feels likea grind. I know its not the biggest one in the gaming world, just saying.
    You need to draw the line somewhere. I personally do not want the games to serve EVERYTHING on a silver platter. Which is what the game is doing right now, making it even easier would be pathetic.
    Last edited by Oromish; 11-24-2011 at 05:53 AM.
    I, for one, welcome our new platypus overlords.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3