Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rogues useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Weathersky View Post
    I see Rogues regularly chew peeps up, hard and fast.
    Blowing all their cools on poorly geared players.

We crutch on stealth openers for damage.

On a clothie of relatively equal rank my backstab does 380 on a crit, Savage does 300 on a crit, compared to impale and Jagged doing 300/tick crits.

Assassin combo point builders suck epic. Only Serpent is worth a damn but 51 sin sucks so hard.

I can kill pyro/doms that are bad only by blowing every CD in the book, because outside of stealth our damage is just that terrible.

http://youtu.be/HB3bFxSSj8U

Point out my Backstab and Savage strike damage in that vid please.

If he had recieved even one heal I'd be ****ed and unable to kill him.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowprison View Post
    My damage in all specs has dropped by at least 40% since the patch, Can't even break 800 on a Finisher crit now.

But of course every caster can hit for that with their instants.

Here's my worst wishes.

/unsub.
    I want some of what your smokin...my rogue can still top dps as long as there are healers in the group/raid composition keeping me alive....i guess you just needed to troll for whatever unknown reason of lack of attention in your personal life.....

Soulwalker

My damage in all specs has dropped by at least 40% since the patch, Can't even break 800 on a Finisher crit now.

Here's my worst wishes.

/unsub.
    i am still using my 1.5 MM build, i still hit for a lot, not sure why you're dmg is low.

Quote Originally Posted by Rowwan View Post
    I want some of what your smokin...my rogue can still top dps as long as there are healers in the group/raid composition keeping me alive....i guess you just needed to troll for whatever unknown reason of lack of attention in your personal life.....
    Keep thinking you are viable beating up low ranks.

Here's my worst wishes.

/unsub.
    Can't break an 800 crit? Did you just hit 50 yesterday? If not your spec is wrong, go find the right spec.

<Addiction> Retired from Rift - Off to Diablo 3 and GW2 or possibly Tera

Ascendant

If all your finishers in all your specs crit for 800, then you would be a warrior.

Now go find a different spec.
    Raelyn <The Granite Guard> R40 Warrior @ Seastone
    Tomoka <The Granite Guard> R40 Cleric @ Seastone

Warriors hit for more than 1k on finishers. Stop using RB finishers, they are AoE.

NIGHTBLADE
    * Blackout: Functionality changed. Now a passive ability that increases the number of times Scourge of Darkness triggers by 3, and the damage of Death-based attacks by 6%. For every point spent in Nightblade above 44, the number of Scourge of Darkness triggers increases by 1 and the Death-based attack damage increases by 2%.
    I'm not here to argue, didn't read the entire thread, but the change above is what makes rogues noticeably more deadly than in 1.5. I think the OP would be much better served discussing specs and tactics with other rogues than (ridiculously) claiming rogues are useless. You're on Dayblind? There are a LOT of skilled rogues on Dayblind, including the best rogue I've fought. Talk to one.
    Victz

formerly Victz@Deepwood, Deepstrike, Dayblind, Seastone
    originally Vic@Ashstone
    PvP in 2.0 | Healing vids from the good old days.

Lo and behold, all of the rogues who suddenly got good once again suddenly got bad.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by victz View Post
    I'm not here to argue, didn't read the entire thread, but the change above is what makes rogues noticeably more deadly than in 1.5. I think the OP would be much better served discussing specs and tactics with other rogues than (ridiculously) claiming rogues are useless. You're on Dayblind? There are a LOT of skilled rogues on Dayblind, including the best rogue I've fought. Talk to one.
    Keldor is the only other rogue I've noted to be skilled. Do point out more.

Spec doesn't change the fact that as soon as 1 healing spell lands, assassins are 100% useless due to **** damage outside of stealth.

FYI if you go 45+ Nb you lose all semblance of mobility. And the damage is easily cockblocked as you throw all your eggs into one basket (SoD).
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 11-18-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Sword of Telara

Keldor is the only other rogue I've noted to be skilled. Do point out more.

Spec doesn't change the fact that as soon as 1 healing spell lands, assassins are 100% useless due to **** damage outside of stealth.

FYI if you go 45+ Nb you lose all semblance of mobility. And the damage is easily cockblocked as you throw all your eggs into one basket (SoD).
    High NB is now a PVE spec. Anybody who hasn't figured that out deserves what they get.

not noticed a single drop in dps. 1.5 i was raiding with 51 mm 15 rng, still doing the same

dps before patch=1197
    dps after patch=1197
    Im sure my aoe spam has been hit, but I never parsed it anyway, does anyone really care if they are topping aoe damage? use it as a tool to stop people picking up flags, not as a primary damager

as for pvp I have not seen any major difference, rank 8 mages could always blow me away.

the sin soul needs a little tweaking, but not a hell of a lot, its weakness is not having a purge or a heal de-buff, yet relying of bleeds for the majority for their damage

Ascendant

Assassin combo point builders suck epic. Only Serpent is worth a damn but 51 sin sucks so hard.
    You're using a variant of a Sin build which sacrifices some damage for mobility etc and then complain about the damage you do - 51sin is actually in a pretty good spot right now I would say.

51sin is very powerful but limited. Hybrid builds are weaker but have more utility. Seems fine to me.

I haven't played much since 1.6 but I would wait before claiming Rogue is useless... I don't see anything in patch notes which would suddenly cause this.
    Last edited by Raen Ryong; 11-18-2011 at 12:14 PM.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

Gee, if only mages had to sacrifice damage for mobility.

Wait a minute...

They don't. And they aren't even Melee.
    Last edited by Shadowprison; 11-18-2011 at 12:14 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Gee, if only mages had to sacrifice damage for mobility.
    CoughRoguecough.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast