+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Is there any reason to pvp as a fresh 50?

General of Telara

Default Is there any reason to pvp as a fresh 50?

I have loved PvP in every MMO I played going back to Ultima Online and then DAoC before I went to WoW and finally Rift. But can someone please tell me the point of PvPing as a fresh 50? Everyone kills you in 3 seconds no matter what spec/class you are. Also can someone please explain to me how my spells do less damage at 50 with better gear and higher ranks than they did when I did WFs in my 30s?

I know all the rank 8s are just gonna respond with QQ more. But you never had any competition when you were ranking up. Everyone was on equal footing back in the Spring. Now I feel like an 95 year old woman with osteoporosis and arthritis fighting against a UFC fighter who just did a bunch of cryst@lmeth. I dont want separate brackets what I want is to enjoy the game and at least be able to live longer than the time it takes to cast a spell.

I mean is it really fun killing someone before they can even get a spell off?
    Last edited by thomasmgp; 11-10-2011 at 06:25 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    I have loved PvP in every MMO I played going back to Ultima Online and then DAoC before I went to WoW and finally Rift. But can someone please tell me the point of PvPing as a fresh 50? Everyone kills you in 3 seconds no matter what spec/class you are. Also can someone please explain to me how my spells do less damage at 50 with better gear and higher ranks than they did when I did WFs in my 30s?

I know all the rank 8s are just gonna respond with QQ more. But you never had any competition when you were ranking up. Everyone was on equal footing back in the Spring. Now I feel like an 95 year old woman with osteoporosis and arthritis fighting against a UFC fighter who just did a bunch of ****. I dont want separate brackets what I want is to enjoy the game and at least be able to live longer than the time it takes to cast a spell.

Yes, PVP is enjoyable. I have warfronts where as a R7 I do very well, then some where i get roflstomped. However, the grind can be rough and frustrating. I started ranking up in pvp before they added Valor-normalization so the grind was much worse than what you're headed for, but nonetheless frustrating.

Keep at it and try to find a soul combo that gives your party support rather than hoping to kill all. That will come with time. But for the time being, just try and find a way to be good in other ways than topping the charts in damage or killing blows. Without knowing your class, I can't really offer you much more than: Stick with it!

General of Telara

Also it doesnt help when I havent won a single WF after I hit 50.

You just need to get to R2 and it will get easier.

I started PVP late...and I never complained (Back before the valor change and R6 was the highest)
    Hoss

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    You just need to get to R2 and it will get easier.

I started PVP late...and I never complained (Back before the valor change and R6 was the highest)
    Yeah - Jonbenet Ramsey never complained either - didn't make it right.

R2 dosn't make it easier - it just makes the gear gap more apparent.

Prepare yourself for crap until r5 (200+ warfronts)

great system they have here

You have to ask yourself a couple things first. How long do you plan on staying with rift? If you are planning on moving to swtor or something else soon then honestly I wouldn't bother with the grind to rank 8. It is a really nasty grind and you will continue to be cannon fodder until at least rank 6 with the gear for it. If they do something to split up the ranks soon maybe give it a go but I know I wont be doing it again for any of my alts. I am nearing the point of my frustration outweighing my fun.

General of Telara

Im staying till GW-2. So I guess 4-5 months?

I know all the rank 8s are just gonna respond with QQ more. But you never had any competition when you were ranking up. Everyone was on equal footing back in the Spring. Now I feel like an 95 year old woman with osteoporosis and arthritis fighting against a UFC fighter who just did a bunch of cryst@lmeth. I dont want separate brackets what I want is to enjoy the game and at least be able to live longer than the time it takes to cast a spell.

thomasmgp

And you're just now hitting 50?
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

Also can someone please explain to me how my spells do less damage at 50 with better gear and higher ranks than they did when I did WFs in my 30s?
    Sure. Players who have been PvPing non-stop for months have acquired about 45% damage reduction.

you never had any competition when you were ranking up. Everyone was on equal footing back in the Spring.
    Just not true at all. Of course it isn't the same as starting fresh now, but most of my guild P8's are rerolls. Including myself. It really doesn't take that long anymore with the accolade bonus / prestige pots and bonus weekends. These are things the original PvPers did not have. I'd say it takes about half the time it used to.
    Last edited by baph; 11-10-2011 at 06:52 PM.

If you enjoy pvp, you should of course start pvping as soon as possible. If you have pvped in other games you know by now not to believe all teh whiney baby hysterics you hear in forums. Most of these posters would complain about the harsh pvp in mylittlepony online.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    Yeah - Jonbenet Ramsey never complained either - didn't make it right.

R2 dosn't make it easier - it just makes the gear gap more apparent.

Prepare yourself for crap until r5 (200+ warfronts)

great system they have here
    Donít try and be a Rambo and you will be fine.
    Hoss

General of Telara

at least in WoW you could bot for 24 hours straight and be in full PvP gear

Quote Originally Posted by Hoss616 View Post
    Donít try and be a Rambo and you will be fine.
    yeah - if you're a warrior just spec riftblade and pretend to be a caster every 4 seconds

It's just plain awful for new 50's and you all know it.

Not sure what's more frustrating - the farce that pvp is in Rift or the high ranks that defend it.

Love all the high ranks that encourage these posters to "stick with it" - the more that do the more you gain with your free kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    yeah - if you're a warrior just spec riftblade and pretend to be a caster every 4 seconds

It's just plain awful for new 50's and you all know it.

Not sure what's more frustrating - the farce that pvp is in Rift or the high ranks that defend it.

Love all the high ranks that encourage these posters to "stick with it" - the more that do the more you gain with your free kills.
    I'm pretty sure its the whiners that hate it, continue to do it, post about it constantly, threaten to quit but never do. Yeah, thats the mot annoying thing.

Sunspots the Retired
    Once R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone
    Proud Alumni of [breaking bads]

Observe my Past Glory in Video Format here!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunspots View Post
    I'm pretty sure its the whiners that hate it, continue to do it, post about it constantly, threaten to quit but never do. Yeah, thats the mot annoying thing.
    says Sunspots the Awesome
    R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone

I rest my case

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast