+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Is there any reason to pvp as a fresh 50?

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Just finished a port scion with 47 deaths.....FORTY-SEVEN!. Can someone please tell me what fun comes from that? Someone in WF chat actually said to report me for botting because he said it was impossible for an active player at his keyboard to die that many times. I was so horrible because everyone killed me in under 3 seconds that people actually thought I was a bot.
    Were you running straight into their zerg solo or something? It would say it is impossible without a little effort on your part, lol. You fed the hell out of them.

Pvp can be great if you get a good warfront or even if you have premade games. Rank 6+ can be BIS Pre-Hammerknell.

Just finished a port scion with 47 deaths.....FORTY-SEVEN!. Can someone please tell me what fun comes from that? Someone in WF chat actually said to report me for botting because he said it was impossible for an active player at his keyboard to die that many times. I was so horrible because everyone killed me in under 3 seconds that people actually thought I was a bot.
    One word: R E M B O
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    No everyone was not on equal footing, you had rank 0's going up against rank 6's. I was one of them. Oh and back in the old days Rank 1 and 2 provided 10% valor, not the 30% you youngsters get. Prestige gained also wasn't boosted, there were no vials, no bonus weekends, no pvp rifts etc.

If fresh 50's don't feel like putting in any effort, then don't, but take your defeatist, victim complex rants to the next game forums, where you'll complain about exactly the same thing until the devs nerf that game into tic-tac-toe as well.

You get out what you put into it, do you ask for nerfs to single player games as well? The amount of lazy, self-entitled crybabies on these forums has reached an absurd level lately.
    Right on brother, you have to be able to eat nails for breakfast and have thick skin to pvp in this game. If you arent all about the blood'n guts then move along, cuz in the end your just going to ruin the game by forcing the devs to cater to your ever whim. The Devs saw the obvious imbalances and made adjustments to lessen the frustration to rank 8 and yet you still whine and cry. If you don't like this pvp then you need to find something else or just move along.

Ascendant

I think most people that are unhappy with the pvp game don't know anyone, not because of the gear gap. Playing as a team is where the fun is. If you can't rely or trust on anyone then I can see where the game is not as fun at lower levels.

If you don't know anyone, are guardian, and willing to at least listen to people on vent (mic optional)... transfer to dayblind and send me a tell. PVP is fun in a group, especially group(s) vs. group(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    One word: R E M B O
    ^ ^
    Teddro - Warrior - Seastone

Synna - Rogue - Vigil

Synna Stonecove/Invalid Target for all those darkfall people

I saw this pic on another thread and i thought it suited this reply.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6..._bro_super.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by HannonHellbringer View Post
    Right on brother, you have to be able to eat nails for breakfast and have thick skin to pvp in this game. If you arent all about the blood'n guts then move along, cuz in the end your just going to ruin the game by forcing the devs to cater to your ever whim. The Devs saw the obvious imbalances and made adjustments to lessen the frustration to rank 8 and yet you still whine and cry. If you don't like this pvp then you need to find something else or just move along.
    ***Flash forward 6 months***

" Hey, where'd everybody go?"

and

"Why are my queue times so @##$$%%^ long?!"

Plane Walker

If you really managed 47 deaths in a match that lasts a max of 45 minutes I'm sure you deserve an entry into the guinessbook.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    you could make a reaver/warlord build spreading LW from range and dropping spotters orders on the focus target. or a vk build mana draining and mass silencing.

I have an alt mage/rogue on the way up ill be sure posts some vids/screenshots on my way from r1-4 whenever i get to 50.

The most laughable thing is all these r1-4s complainging they get killed before they get a cast off? Please learn to pre-kite and position yourself, every WF there are multiple ranged classes that are repeated free kills because they follow the zerg sit in one place and i run back to them and blow them up. They dont move, ever, and chances are they come here afterwards complaining that a r8 warrior killed them due to gear imbalance ignoring their complete and utter lack of skill and awareness.

So to the OP and other whiners, please post a vid of a typical codex or black garden so we can evaulate if it is lack of gear or skill.
    I've got that spec. 33 War/33 Reaver. The Warchon.

What was that quote from that thread from you? Something about "If I wanted to play support, I'd have rolled a cleric" or something along that line.

I do support as much as I can. 5 ranks of it. Not fun at all. But hey, you had to right? You didn't level through the Parachamp era, did you? I don't want it easier, I want it better. There HAS to be a better way.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post

" Hey, where'd everybody go?"

and

"Why are my queue times so @##$$%%^ long?!"

"Man, I thought GW2 and TOR PvP would be so much better then Rift, but I'm still getting owned."

and

"Screw this game. Basement dwelling hardcores ruining it for those of us that play 2 hours a week."

and finally..

"Man, maybe I'm not as good as I thought I was. Time to trash this game to make myself feel better and recruit for the next big thing!"
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    says Sunspots the Awesome
    R8 Guardian Cleric of Seastone

I rest my case
    Most agree with him. If people spent more time actually pvp'ing and less time forum pvp'ing this discussion wouldn't keep happening, everyone would be R8. Until Trion separates the wf's, this is how it is, suck it up like we all did or leave. Maybe HK should give free gear now too?
    Shayde@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Thranox View Post

"Man, I thought GW2 and TOR PvP would be so much better then Rift, but I'm still getting owned."

and

"Screw this game. Basement dwelling hardcores ruining it for those of us that play 2 hours a week."

and finally..

"Man, maybe I'm not as good as I thought I was. Time to trash this game to make myself feel better and recruit for the next big thing!"
    ^This exactly: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect
    Shayde@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Thranox View Post

and

and finally..

None of that will change the fact that people (specifically PvP'ers) left Rift. Even if the "next best thing" doesn't turn out to be the next best thing, people will still be gone and the people remaining will still be faced with longass queue times.

You people still don't get it.

You cannot have a queue based PvP system that consists of, and is tooled to cater to solely the hard core players. There simply are not enough of you to go around.

In order for a queue based PvP system to work properly, you need a crap ton of people queuing. A system that alienates new and potential players will eventually not have enough people to support the queues.

This means that the devs need to find the balance between casual and hard core. They need to find the point that caters to both demographics as evenly as possible. The is how you maximize your player base and create a healthy queue system. What they have here now is nowhere near that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Meina View Post
    None of that will change the fact that people (specifically PvP'ers) left Rift. Even if the "next best thing" doesn't turn out to be the next best thing, people will still be gone and the people remaining will still be faced with longass queue times.

You people still don't get it.

You cannot have a queue based PvP system that consists of, and is tooled to cater to solely the hard core players. There simply are not enough of you to go around.

In order for a queue based PvP system to work properly, you need a crap ton of people queuing. A system that alienates new and potential players will eventually not have enough people to support the queues.

This means that the devs need to find the balance between casual and hard core. They need to find the point that caters to both demographics as evenly as possible. The is how you maximize your player base and create a healthy queue system. What they have here now is nowhere near that point.
    Taking 7 months to get R8 is what constitutes "hard core?" There were R8's within 2 weeks, that's hard core, anything more than a few months is just plain lazy. After pvp leveling in: WoW, Aion, Warhammer and Rift I can honestly say that Rift was the most fun and 2nd easiest experience after WoW. It's the same in any of those games, walk into a wf, bg, scen without pvp gear and you will get stomped until you have sufficient gear. Go get it.

Here's a post from a "fresh 50"
    Quote Originally Posted by Feid View Post
    I have just picked up this game at 1.5 and seeing this pvp sytem the way it is. the grind is fine. its taken me literally 2 weeks to get to r5. 5/8 ranks in 2 weeks. and next month i get more shineys to help speed this along. so the grind is valid. it dosnt take half as long as people cry about.

some type of endgame or competitive pvp would be fun. but they need to fix the balance issues waay before they consider adding competitive pvp. And also. wow was out nearly 2 years before tbc was launched. and that is when the competitive pvp started. now consider rift is still in its infancy and pumping out content faster then any other mmo. it is on the right track.

ATM rift is building its core and launching its "shineys" at a later date.

Rift could take a page from vanilla wow and give actual pvp ranks. and make them dynamic and adjust weekly across the board. the ranks for this give no gear/weps tho. because we are already seeing a big imba with current gear , however give vanity items. costumes mounts, consumables (vengance flasks pls) ect.

As far as vengance goes. it needs to be in more gear across the board. and not just available sprinkled on a few items.
    Last edited by Arcshayde; 11-11-2011 at 12:17 PM.
    Shayde@Seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast