+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Like Tree211Likes

Thread: Is there any reason to pvp as a fresh 50?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by thomasmgp View Post
    Now I feel like an 95 year old woman with osteoporosis and arthritis fighting against a UFC fighter who just did a bunch of cryst@lmeth.
    ROFL, good one!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    So:

And this thread is 7 days old.
    All the QQers whines here all day long(means all are hard core if got that much time to whine), u all should be r5+ by now if u were r1 in 11.11.2011.

/close thread
    R5 in 6 RL days?
    That's like playing 10h a day or something?

Soulwalker

Also it doesnt help when I havent won a single WF after I hit 50.

it gets better. sometimes you get on teams that have higher ranking folks than the enemy.

yes. it sucks *** that it's not more evenly distributed post 50. but, it does get better. felt like it'd take forever to get me from p1 - p2 gear; but it felt a LOT quicker going from p2 - p3.

plus, do a couple of t2 dungeons, might get you some better gear than your p1 stuff, and help you along. i know the 36dps bow i picked up on my first t2 dungeon run, certainly helped my p1 gear feel a lot better.

Shadowlander

I have loved PvP in every MMO I played going back to Ultima Online and then DAoC before I went to WoW and finally Rift. But can someone please tell me the point of PvPing as a fresh 50? Everyone kills you in 3 seconds no matter what spec/class you are. Also can someone please explain to me how my spells do less damage at 50 with better gear and higher ranks than they did when I did WFs in my 30s?

I know all the rank 8s are just gonna respond with QQ more. But you never had any competition when you were ranking up. Everyone was on equal footing back in the Spring. Now I feel like an 95 year old woman with osteoporosis and arthritis fighting against a UFC fighter who just did a bunch of cryst@lmeth. I dont want separate brackets what I want is to enjoy the game and at least be able to live longer than the time it takes to cast a spell.

I mean is it really fun killing someone before they can even get a spell off?
    who told you that pvp is enjoyable for non 50 freshers ?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    So:

And this thread is 7 days old.
    All the QQers whines here all day long(means all are hard core if got that much time to whine), u all should be r5+ by now if u were r1 in 11.11.2011.

/close thread

how many actual hours of gameplay do you think that involves? no, change that - how many hours in WFs do you think that involves? because, sometimes it takes quite a while for a wf to pop.

i just checked with my director, and he still is not going to let me play rift while i'm at work. i do need to sleep. i have a family AND pets, none of which i plan on neglecting for the sake of a game.

pretty sure the kiddies are in class (or were), and usually have homework, football, etc.

fail troll IS fail, however.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Charlice View Post
    I've noticed you are really not adding anything to the thread.

Are you trying to get your post count up?
    What like you?

Oh, here's me doing it also..... :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Warfront pops take about a minute on Deepstrike atm; on a similar server climate, hitting P4 in a week isn't at all unreasonable, especially if you have a vet rewards double prestige pot or w/e.

I just get bored with the monotony and can't commit to more than like an hour at a time, so I never pop a double prestige pot unless I'm doing premade queues and there are other groups worth fighting or farming haha.
    Last edited by Kyera; 11-17-2011 at 07:47 AM.
    Glaiveheart :: Warrior || Areyk :: Cleric || <Wasted Talent> || Deepwood || Likes Received (1,200)
    Also: Kyerashield :: Warrior || Keirsti :: Rogue || Jariale :: Cleric || Kaliboras :: Mage
    Webmaster for "Do You Even Rift?" || Play Rock Band? Check out the Rock Band: Harmonies Project!

Quote Originally Posted by Thormael View Post
    R5 in 6 RL days?
    That's like playing 10h a day or something?
    Thats like playing ~4h a day.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Ezoran View Post
    how many actual hours of gameplay do you think that involves? no, change that - how many hours in WFs do you think that involves? because, sometimes it takes quite a while for a wf to pop.

i just checked with my director, and he still is not going to let me play rift while i'm at work. i do need to sleep. i have a family AND pets, none of which i plan on neglecting for the sake of a game.

pretty sure the kiddies are in class (or were), and usually have homework, football, etc.

fail troll IS fail, however.
    I have family and i have work and i sleep.
    4h a day is that much? Ok let's say u have time for only 2h a day so it will takes 2 weeks, so u want to tell that 2 weeks are too long for mmo?

This weekend bonus wf was library, it's best wf for favor/prestige gain, can get about 50k/hour(i only pug and defiants win most of the time(i'm guardian)).
    3 days in library 4h a day = 600k prestige. Or u work also in weekends?

So how much prestige is needed to rank up? 45k(r2) + 90k(r3) + 125k(r4) + 225k(r5) if i remember correctly and thats 485k prestige for r5, but u can get 600k in 3 days by playing just 4h a day.

Well ok i have instant queues in weekends and maybe you don't, ok u won't get 600k, but 485k u should be able to get and even then u still have 4 more days to get the rest.

So stop trolling and whining on forums, but instead try some pvp.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Cupie View Post
    We are the champions, my friend
    And we'll keep on fighting, till the end!
    We are the champions
    WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS
    No time for losing
    Cause' we are the champions
    OF THE WORLD

People who point out problems > people who deny those problems and just tell other people to l2p
    What's even worse is the "Go play another game" response. Yeah, chasing people away from the game is the solution...

Anyone have a general idea how the seperation occurred? The q times didn't seem that much slower, but I landed in several matches that started with like 5 people and got bigger and on 2 occassions I popped in matches that were ending

I can't tell if it's 1-5 and 5-8 or what. I did a few fronts last night and none of them seemed more competitive to me. Also, there were still times when I faced people that seemed pretty fresh into 50.

Are there some 1-5 ranked that felt a change?

Genuine questions here. I'm not fishing for a debate.
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Thranox View Post
    Anyone have a general idea how the seperation occurred? The q times didn't seem that much slower, but I landed in several matches that started with like 5 people and got bigger and on 2 occassions I popped in matches that were ending

I can't tell if it's 1-5 and 5-8 or what. I did a few fronts last night and none of them seemed more competitive to me. Also, there were still times when I faced people that seemed pretty fresh into 50.

I noticed that I was hitting harder last night and wasn't dying as fast most of the time, but there were also several warfronts like whitefall with only 5 or 6 people per team on my P3 mage.

Also, I broke out my ele spec and added some pyro for the gcd and I was landing some nasty shots in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    I noticed that I was hitting harder last night and wasn't dying as fast most of the time, but there were also several warfronts like whitefall with only 5 or 6 people per team on my P3 mage.

Also, I broke out my ele spec and added some pyro for the gcd and I was landing some nasty shots in pvp.
    Do you think you were hitting harder due to the class buffs or the rank seperation?
    Thranimal - Rogue
    <Odium>

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

yea guard queues on briarcliff were still pretty much instant for library but started to notice every game had either already started or was 6v8 or something and didn't fill up until over halfway through. I wasn't checking ranks but saw someone at the start of one game say lol five r8s no healer.

Still noticed some 4k healthers, and the only thing affecting the game outcomes were who had more healers.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 11-17-2011 at 11:27 AM.

From what little I've seen, it's not a hard separation. It's more a general matching of ranks, as in "there's some R1 / R2 toons in queue, lets find some more R1 / R2 toons for them to play with". The same would go for if there were a bunch of R5 / R6 in queue, and so forth.

I'd also guess that there is a lot of leeway in the system. If there aren't enough R1 / R2 players to fill the match in a reasonable amount of time, they'll start looking for R3's, then R4's (and so on) to fill the match.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast