+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Tears are flooding R8's.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    As opposed to "if you want pvp based solely on gear over skill, go play Rift"?

lol
    This must be your first MMO. Let me be the first to welcome you. Once you're tired of qqing about needing gear here (possibly one of the easiest games to gear up in), there are plenty of other MMO forums that will be happy to have you. Might I suggest playing Aion for a few months, you'll absolutely love it. I promise. After you spend a few months earning the gear, you can spend a few more months getting it ready to wear, and more money than you ever thought you could earn. Honestly this game isn't bad people.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 11-17-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leiloni View Post
    This must be your first MMO. Let me be the first to welcome you. Once you're tired of qqing about needing gear here (possibly one of the easiest games to gear up in), there are plenty of other MMO forums that will be happy to have you. Might I suggest playing Aion for a few months, you'll absolutely love it. I promise. After you spend a few months earning the gear, you can spend a few more months getting it ready to wear, and more money than you ever thought you could earn. Honestly this game isn't bad people.
    Interpretation: Because Aion sucks you should shut the **** up. Don't ask for anything that you want because there are other games out there that are worse.

Lmao

Forums are for feedback - people will leave when they see fit. Telling people that other games are awful in terms of grind does nothing but justify your own interpretation of what is fun and what isn't.

Trion can do what they want with the feedback, but comparing other games is asinine.
    Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

For some reason this continued.

Prophet of Telara

I'm still waiting for the end of that sentence. It's been a week and the suspense is killing me!
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    Interpretation: Because Aion sucks you should shut the **** up. Don't ask for anything that you want because there are other games out there that are worse.

Lmao

Forums are for feedback - people will leave when they see fit. Telling people that other games are awful in terms of grind does nothing but justify your own interpretation of what is fun and what isn't.

Trion can do what they want with the feedback, but comparing other games is asinine.
    No just trying to give people perspective so they can realize this game is actually pretty good and they can have more fun with it. The ease of earning gear is actually a huge plus for me in this game. Certainly there are other parts of the game that could use feedback, but perspective is certainly needed to anyone that thinks getting gear in this game is hard.

As far as getting PvP gear, I think they already made a huge change with the Valor changes, that has helped a lot. Anyone that likes to PvP most likely spent a lot of time PvPing in WFs as they leveled and has a lot of Favor saved up for when they hit 50. I know I did and I had more than enough Favor for every piece of Rank 1 and 2 gear - it was just a matter of getting to Rank 2 to be able to wear that stuff. Less than 24 hours after I hit 50 I was Rank 2 and wearing it. That's a huge upgrade from what I had, much more defense, and I'm a new 50 - kind of amazing. I like it. I already have a lot saved up towards my Rank 3 stuff as well so hopefully I can get there soon - been playing very casually past few days lol, otherwise I'd be there already.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 11-18-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Ascendant

Been there, done that. Besides, if you want to use a real example of hardcore gearing, pick L2 instead of Aion...also been there and also done that.

Doesn't excuse the ridiculous imbalances in Warhamm...err Rift. I managed to level to max and gear up in aion and L2. Rift is so bad, by comparison, that I can't even find the desire to log in and play in order to get the gear to compete. Its worse than Warhammer, which is saying something.
    Last edited by Vember; 11-22-2011 at 10:36 AM.

My newbie Rank 3 cleric with 876 or something like that Valor is competing just fine and having a good time as well. Maybe it's not the game that needs to change. :P

My newbie Rank 3 cleric with 876 or something like that Valor is competing just fine and having a good time as well. Maybe it's not the game that needs to change. :P
    The game did change. They started matching similarly ranked players in warfronts. It's much better now for lower ranked players.
    Voilą! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a by-gone vexation, stands vivified and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition.

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    The game did change. They started matching similarly ranked players in warfronts. It's much better now for lower ranked players.
    Even before that it was not bad. Like I mentioned in my previous post, the Valor changes had a huge impact on low rank PvP. But tell that to the poster above me, he seems to disagree.

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Snookii View Post
    Please continue to cry. It feeds me. the amount of tears I've been feed I am well on my way to being the next 2 ton man.You honestly can't expect to compete all the way until rank 8 can you? I don't expect to compete 100% in PvE without the correct gear
    /sigh,

Walk into HK with blue levelling gear and tell me how it goes.

Thats the equivalent of an R1 against an R8.

PVE is scaled progression.

PVP is not, for that to be the case it needs WFs to be split by rank.

At least make an effort to make sense please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega326 View Post
    While we're making wild accusations without any backup, I'm going to go ahead and say that you are a 12 year old horse named Suzy that lives in a crater on the moon... and I am absolutely correct.

Soulwalker

Is it bad that I am working towards R8 to get the weapons for raiding? PVP is fun and all but the gear is where its at.

I find Defiant skills in my warfronts very much lacking. They have no idea on teamwork or communication. They have no idea how to mark or assist or even follow simple instructions so unless you know something I dont about the workings of warfronts then there is a rather amusing air to your idea of skilled pvp in warfronts. Any idiot can push a button repeatedly but to work together to win is where the skill is.(come to think of it didnt they train monkeys to push buttons repeatedly?)

Quote Originally Posted by zetans View Post
    /sigh,

Walk into HK with blue levelling gear and tell me how it goes.

Thats the equivalent of an R1 against an R8.

PVE is scaled progression.

PVP is not, for that to be the case it needs WFs to be split by rank.

At least make an effort to make sense please.
    That's a terrible comparison. There is literally no amount of skill or coordination will let you clear HK in blue leveling gear, the hit and toughness requirements alone make it impossible. Not "OMG ITZ IMPOSSIBUL TO KILL THIS CLERIK" impossible but actually impossible.

On the other hand, you can completely destroy other players with proper coordination and skill in PvP regardless of your gear. It's not going to happen a lot, but there's enough complete idiots out there who mistakenly think the gear will win for them that you can definitely do it.

I hit 50 on my warrior a few weeks ago, and nobody will argue that warriors get hurt the most with poor gear (no real support option unlike healing, MM purging, buffing, barding, etc that every other calling can do and still contribute). I -somehow- went 13-1 in T1 expert PvE blues and epics in BG this weekend. Zero valor. Because I'm not a complete moron, and I know how to spec/counter different builds.
    Last edited by Carthoris; 11-22-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickenbits View Post
    Is it bad that I am working towards R8 to get the weapons for raiding? PVP is fun and all but the gear is where its at.

I find Defiant skills in my warfronts very much lacking. They have no idea on teamwork or communication. They have no idea how to mark or assist or even follow simple instructions so unless you know something I dont about the workings of warfronts then there is a rather amusing air to your idea of skilled pvp in warfronts. Any idiot can push a button repeatedly but to work together to win is where the skill is.(come to think of it didnt they train monkeys to push buttons repeatedly?)
    It's *great* that you're PvPing to supplement PvE - there's no reason for the two parts of the game to be completely separated and walled off from each other. R8 weapons are a fantastic stepping stone to real (i.e., with hit) raid weapons and you're helping your guild by not refusing to chase after every upgrade available to you.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Carthoris View Post
    On the other hand, you can completely destroy other players with proper coordination and skill in PvP regardless of your gear.
    No you won't. Before this patch, when it was quite common to see one R8 warrior with a healer easily destroy an entire team because the highest rank on the team was R4, which I saw more than once, no amount of 'proper coordination' could let you fight past their ridiculous gear.

Or watching one R8 rogue wipe out an entire raid of 44-50 in IPP...yea, that's just pure awesome / sarcasm

Anyway, it might be better now. I find the game so boring and generic I can't log in for more than 5 minutes at a time anymore.
    Last edited by Vember; 11-23-2011 at 11:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    No you won't. Before this patch, when it was quite common to see one R8 warrior with a healer easily destroy an entire team because the highest rank on the team was R4, which I saw more than once, no amount of 'proper coordination' could let you fight past their ridiculous gear.

Or watching one R8 rogue wipe out an entire raid of 44-50 in IPP...yea, that's just pure awesome / sarcasm

Anyway, it might be better now. I find the game so boring and generic I can't log in for more than 5 minutes at a time anymore.
    I've seen the same thing. Naturally it doesn't happen "all the time" but it happened enough to make me sit back and wonder WTF Trion was thinking.

I don't care how much long you've played, there's no way you should have that much firepower / survivability at your disposal. When 2 toons can hold off the majority of the opposing team for what seems indefinitely, there is something seriously wrong.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5