+ Reply to Thread

Thread: World PVP Stream: 5-man Guardian Group vs Defiants on Dayblind (need your feedback)

Default World PVP Stream: 5-man Guardian Group vs Defiants on Dayblind (need your feedback)

Here is a highlight reel from my Twitch.TV World PVP stream from yesterday morning:
    http://www.twitch.tv/taugrim/b/299424299

You can also check out the video on YouTube, but note that the video quality is lower due to codec conversion loss when transferring from Twitch.TV to YouTube. The video on YouTube is annotated so it provides additional information compared to the Twitch.TV recording:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcuG-5W4RS0

My Approach to Streaming

My stream is basically a real-time version of my narrated guides and gameplay videos on YouTube.

My approach to streaming differs from typical streams in that:
    1. I narrate my streams in real-time with commentary, tactics, mechanics, etc
    2. If I’m in a group/raid with Vent, the audio from Vent will be included in the stream so that you can hear our interaction. Please note we’ll keep swearing to a minimum. I play with level-headed people, and while you might hear the occasional f-bomb, for the most part our Vent chatter is profanity-free
    3. Between fights and during breaks, I answer questions from the Chat Room and interact with my viewers, to the extent possible
    Questions to the Viewers About My Streaming

I’m new to streaming and am in the learning process, so I’d love to hear your feedback on the questions below, either here or on the blog article:
    http://taugrim.com/2011/11/08/rift-w...s-on-dayblind/

1. What kind of streaming footage do you prefer?
    A. a full stream (e.g. 90 minutes), which includes not just the intense fighting sequences, but all the in-between time where we are running around the map, looking for opponents, discussing tactics, picking off smaller numbers, and cracking jokes in Vent, or
    B. just the highlights of the intense fighting sequences, the in-between stuff puts me to sleep, or
    C. both the full stream and the highlights
    2. Do you find that my real-time commentary on what we’re doing or the directions I’m giving (when I’m the raid leader) clear / valuable / interesting?

3. To what extent do you find the Vent audio turned on valuable, so you can hear our raid members interacting?

4. To what extent do you find my interaction with Chat Room during the Stream (Q&A, talking mechanics, etc) interesting / engaging, etc?

5. How balanced is the game volume vs the player voice volume?

If you can think of any other suggestions, let me know.

P.S. I'm ordering a new webcam that I can affix to my monitor, so once I have that the camera angle will be level with my noggin.

Twitter: @taugrim
    TwitchTV: http://twitch.tv/taugrim
    YouTube Channel: http://youtube.com/taugrimtaugrim
    Facebook: http://facebook.com/taugrim
    GAMEBREAKERTV Host: http://gamebreaker.tv
    Last edited by taugrim; 11-09-2011 at 07:48 AM.
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

I like watching these, especially since I haven't run in a group w/ vent since playing AoC and Eve.

A. a full stream (e.g. 90 minutes), which includes not just the intense fighting sequences, but all the in-between time where we are running around the map, looking for opponents, discussing tactics, picking off smaller numbers, and cracking jokes in Vent, or
    B. just the highlights of the intense fighting sequences, the in-between stuff puts me to sleep, or
    I'm unlikely to watch a full 90 minutes no matter what it is. Thirty minutes would be about the max for me.

2. Do you find that my real-time commentary on what were doing or the directions Im giving (when Im the raid leader) clear / valuable / interesting?
    The commentary is the only reason it's worth watching.

3. To what extent do you find the Vent audio turned on valuable, so you can hear our raid members interacting?
    Better with than without. Also, sounds like the group members are more comfortable being recorded now than in the whitefall match I watched previously.

4. To what extent do you find my interaction with Chat Room during the Stream (Q&A, talking mechanics, etc) interesting / engaging, etc?
    No opinion - wasn't paying attention to it.

5. How balanced is the game volume vs the player voice volume?
    Good.

Keep making them and don't move to my wargroup.

Plane Touched

That was pretty cool, made RIFT PvP look cool for a minute.
    "Nothing is more unjust, however common, than to charge with hypocrisy him that expresses zeal for those virtues which he neglects to practice; since he may be sincerely convinced of the advantages of conquering his passions, without having yet obtained the victory........"

Ascendant

I watched the youtube...

Why would they try and kill (you) the 11k hp trollolol cleric? If they focused the dominator or rogue if mm or warrior if not tank, they could have won quickly.

Good video and commentary, but those guys didn't seem organized or seem to have any decent attack plan.
    Last edited by Rizaz; 11-09-2011 at 08:46 AM.

Liked it a lot. You found a bunch of tunnel vision players though :P

I liked the organization of Fearing and Rift Prisoning as well as pulling over extending players away from their team mates. Great communication too.

One question, how did you get your mark macro to describe the race of your target? I've never seen that before.

*edit - Once my mage is a higher rank I may transfer him back to Dayblind. I'd like to go 1 v 1 with you and see how I do.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 11-10-2011 at 12:01 AM.
    <Retired>

nice fights today in IPP llol

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    nice fights today in IPP llol
    On your R5 mage?

-Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    One question, how did you get your mark macro to describe the race of your target? I've never seen that before.
    Race is %r. We learned that from another Dayblind Guardian play, name starts with "A" (Anciente?).

As I wrote on my blog, here's the focus-fire macro we're using:
    http://taugrim.com/2011/11/08/rift-w...s-on-dayblind/
    #show Toggle Ranged Attack
    suppressmacrofailures
    mark 1
    rw Focus fire #1: %t (%r)
    Taugrim
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

Rift Disciple

There at the end your mage tells mages to use Soul Recall with opp procs. Also works with Swift Control and double tap.
    Helgi - Win

WTB eradicate for Defiant team.

Soulwalker

wow, that was cool to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiddler View Post
    There at the end your mage tells mages to use Soul Recall with opp procs. Also works with Swift Control and double tap.
    Yea, what Raust said was news to me.

I always assumed that Soul Recall didn't count as a "spell" per se.

Thanks for posting those tips too.
    Taugrim

Quote Originally Posted by taugrim View Post

Definitely B. In between stuff isn't very useful or insightful.

2. Do you find that my real-time commentary on what were doing or the directions Im giving (when Im the raid leader) clear / valuable / interesting?
    Somewhat. Mostly it's "get on 'X'", and then people focus fire 'X', and 'X' drops. There's nothing terribly value added. The occasional tip you guys throw in passing is useful, however. I think it could be more interesting if you agreed on some tactic, or came in with a plan on demonstrating some techniques or tricks.

3. To what extent do you find the Vent audio turned on valuable, so you can hear our raid members interacting?[/I]
    The audio is useful, if for nothing else than adding context. Not having the audio would definitely be worse.

4. To what extent do you find my interaction with Chat Room during the Stream (Q&A, talking mechanics, etc) interesting / engaging, etc?[/I]
    I think you could do a little more in this area, and possibly it will add more value in future streams.

5. How balanced is the game volume vs the player voice volume?[/I]
    It's very good.

+ Reply to Thread