+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Where have all the Warriors gone?

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

Default Where have all the Warriors gone?

5th WF I've been in this morning, and I have seen 2 with Warriors, 1 had 1, the other had 2. Mostly yellow with about even green and purple. I'm seeing more purple lately and green is becoming less. Are WFs all about range now?

Awesome sig, couldnt care less what you said ;P
    I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.
    R50 Azama - Mage L60 R 13 Optional - Rogue L60 Sardonic - Cleric L50 Snugglepants - Warrior L50 @ Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Viz Shady View Post
    5th WF I've been in this morning, and I have seen 2 with Warriors, 1 had 1, the other had 2. Mostly yellow with about even green and purple. I'm seeing more purple lately and green is becoming less. Are WFs all about range now?
    Did a few last night, and was 1 of 2 warriors on my side. The other side had one. The rest of the team was made up of rogues and mages. Yep, seems pretty balanced to me. Thanks Trion!

ETA: Received a "vote for Rift as No. 1 game" email a few minutes ago. Due to the large number of rogues presently thrilled with thier class, I'm sure Rift will win by a landslide on their votes alone. Shame there isn't an option for us to vote "you're kidding, right?"
    Last edited by -Sansa-; 11-08-2011 at 09:52 AM.

They've gone to the same place as the missing clerics ^.^

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    They've gone to the same place as the missing clerics ^.^
    Spirit rezzer?

Rift Disciple

I wish I knew. Warfronts where everyone spams ranged attacks across an objective with no one being willing/able to rush forward and take the objective bore me.

I love being a warrior still in pvp, fortunately I'm rank 7 so I don't get immediately squashed and once I get to the marksman pile they seem to be at a loss as spamming fan out on a single target isn't effective anymore.

A warrior willing to charge forward and push the other team back is truly underrated I think, even ignoring all damage effects. I die a ton but in doing so I spread lingering wounds, drop a fear, and cause the dps to lose focus on spamming our marksman/mage pile which generally results in our team coming up with a good number of extra kills and forward progress to an objective.

And the damage isn't terrible even if you spec right. I'm normally in the top 3 or 4 on killing blows and damage as well as those un-rankable gains of pushing the pile forward.

Now if they'd just fix subdue...

I'm so glad they are fixing warrior tanking in 1.6.

</sarcasm>
    Quote Originally Posted by caper View Post
    Zin can't be female. He's also Repear. He told me so in 50 chat. And he never trolls.

Plane Walker

I only see several of them when facing premades. It has simply become frustrating to play a warrior so I put mine away and enjoy my R7 mage and all the possible PvP specs- instead of being pigeonholed in a non physical DPS spec.

As a warrior you can almost perform as well as an NB/RS- if you have a pockethealer with you. Since healing in pugs has gone way downhill so has the possibility of getting some heals.

I just can't bring myself to farm PvE for the mirror and required essences to make a SnB build anywhere near fun. I also miss my 2H.

Trion put warriors in the pain box. With constant class instability (i.e. nerfs every week through 1.4, then ka-boom 1.5), add that to the lack of consistant heals in WF's, it's easier just to reroll to a FotM class or not run WF's.

I still play sometimes, but I lose interest after a game or two. WF's have turned into a FPS between rogues, mages and clerics. No place for melee's now. Well, except those stealth assasins.

Some of the best warriors canceled their subs, like Zin. Author of the Ragestorm build.

The only ones that seem truely happy are the rogues. They never miss an opportunity to gloat, brag or be rude to warriors now.

All in all. Just the way it is. This is the 'balance' people cried for.

Rift Disciple

When I started in 1.3 I noticed that rogues were 50%+ of the population. 1.5 made the majority happy. The problem with rift was, why have any classes at all. Playing a warrior is pvp with a handicap.

aux

Well obviously the fotm chasers switched back to their rogues.
    I'm so BORED

Rift Disciple

Of all 4 classes... 3 are at 50 and at least Rank 2... my warrior is still level 22. Tanking sucks and I can't imagine PVP is any better.

WF are all about Range. I've been killed at the rez point in Port of Scion 1 second after respawning. With that kind of destruction/ability... why attempt to be melee? Why bother?

I'm playing Guardian and it's suicide most days already... a melee tank? no thanks- I don't need to be 50 to see how it is.

Champion of Telara The Real Viz Shady's Avatar

If I see an R8 Warrior in my WF, I become their pocket healer.. Rogues are used to soloing anyway, that's the nature of the rogue. F them lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Gondien View Post
    Trion put warriors in the pain box. With constant class instability (i.e. nerfs every week through 1.4, then ka-boom 1.5), add that to the lack of consistant heals in WF's, it's easier just to reroll to a FotM class or not run WF's.

I still play sometimes, but I lose interest after a game or two. WF's have turned into a FPS between rogues, mages and clerics. No place for melee's now. Well, except those stealth assasins.

Some of the best warriors canceled their subs, like Zin. Author of the Ragestorm build.

The only ones that seem truely happy are the rogues. They never miss an opportunity to gloat, brag or be rude to warriors now.

All in all. Just the way it is. This is the 'balance' people cried for.
    A well played Warrior is a game changer. No one can push like a Warrior in this game, oh sure a NB/RS can once every 2 minutes as long as no one purges him/her, but it doesn't even compare in the long run.

What I've noticed is most "good" Warriors are just mad they can't kill 15 people before dipping below 50% on their health. Now Warriors have some of the best survivability without the best burst dps, but no one likes to adapt.

Also I find your last two sentences to be absolutely hilarious.

1.0-1.4
    Rogue - I have problems killing Warriors
    Warrior - You just suck, quit being a bad you baddy XD

1.5-Present
    Warrior - I can't use my specs that I use to and kill 4 Rogues by myself anymore
    Rogue - You just suck, quit being a bad you baddy XD
    Even free cost too much now

Plane Walker

I feel they are hiding from me since the 1.5 buff.
    Earthburst pi$$ed me off and I want my revenge. But alas the warriors I want dont play these days
    Good,Bad? I'm the one with the Gun.
    This is my BOOMSTICK
    Rank 40 Defiant Rogue 11/11HK
    Gaming Rig

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast