+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Where have all the Warriors gone?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    actually real players play what's needed. I have 4 pvp roles. When we lack healers, I heal, when we lack dps I dps.

No one is ever impressed with my 2m healing SS's.

You play the under populated side and get instant WF queue's and wonder why you dominate WF's. I'm made a detailed post why WF's for premades favour the underpopulated.
    Premade queues on Brocliff are broken, fairly nonexistant and have been this way for several months now.

We are lucky if we get 2-3 premades a night. Hell just this past weekend we sat in a premade queue for over 30 minutes just to get annoyed with it and duo queue into the same warfronts =/

And we do not dominate in WF's because we are the underdog.. more like because we are coordinated and know how to play our classes =/

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaos View Post
    Premade queues on Brocliff are broken, fairly nonexistant and have been this way for several months now.

We are lucky if we get 2-3 premades a night. Hell just this past weekend we sat in a premade queue for over 30 minutes just to get annoyed with it and duo queue into the same warfronts =/

And we do not dominate in WF's because we are the underdog.. more like because we are coordinated and know how to play our classes =/
    30 min queues is the reason why the pvp in this game sucks. In any case this is diverging from the thread.

My point still stands. Warriors are in a bad place with no group role. 38vk/28rb comes close to the any viable group pvp build and still falls short because the best ability (shock burst) is heavily penalized by the DR. If subdue were working I would even say we had a viable group build but unfortunately 1.5 broke it. Unfortunately 1.1k damage crit rift strikes don't cut it when I'm aoe healing 10 people for 2.5k crits.
    Last edited by Vaine; 11-08-2011 at 04:24 PM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Kaaos View Post
    Vedder
    Bauce
    Grazskin
    Covannar
    Farkinbonbon

Collectors of Souls@Brocliff...

I dont expect you to know who we are nor do I care... But im sure the Defiants in our battlegroup are very aware of who we are and what we do.
    I know who you guys are. Those warriors are solid, they don't really challenge me as a rogue though like they used to pre 1.5, which is a problem with the class balance at the moment.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 11-08-2011 at 04:26 PM.
    <Retired>

I had a pug raid yesterday with 50% warriors.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaine View Post
    Meanwhile im going 50-0 on my cleric: http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/a...-25_001448.jpg
    3/4 of the chart, and I don't see any warrior.
    I doubt there is any warrior in that WF.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Credo View Post
    A well played Warrior is a game changer. No one can push like a Warrior in this game, oh sure a NB/RS can once every 2 minutes as long as no one purges him/her, but it doesn't even compare in the long run.
    Any class can "push" with pocket heals. Sustainability only comes with heals. Sure, I can rush in, Battlefield Intimidate, start my attacks, but I'll be soon dead with no heals. Same for any class.

What I've noticed is most "good" Warriors are just mad they can't kill 15 people before dipping below 50% on their health. Now Warriors have some of the best survivability without the best burst dps, but no one likes to adapt.
    Warriors who push into defensive lack any DPS. Unless you want to spam ranged RB attacks, and truely, is that what warriors are now? A bunch of FLame Spears? Melee damage has taken the pitfall. Burst is 'okay'. Survivability is the pits since it seems everyone wants to be at the top of "Damage Done" rather than "Healing Done".

Also I find your last two sentences to be absolutely hilarious.

1.0-1.4
    Rogue - I have problems killing Warriors
    Warrior - You just suck, quit being a bad you baddy XD

1.5-Present
    Warrior - I can't use my specs that I use to and kill 4 Rogues by myself anymore
    Rogue - You just suck, quit being a bad you baddy XD
    I myself, have never talked down like that to any player. All in all. This is what people cried for. Just the way it is.

as a warrior i have noticed most clerics dont heal they go dps i understand that your class is not called healer its called cleric

rogues now can self heal of trinklets greater ess spells as well as tank and go immune mages can already heal them selfs. cleric sits there thinking well those are the only two classes worth keeping up but my self so i will go dps. so warrirors sitting ducks i still play on my warrior till i get 450 ins stones then back to my rogue. some clerics/mage still heal me and im greatful for that
    Quote Originally Posted by ceodoc View Post
    Happy Trails Khalsa.
    Although I am not one of them, many Defiants will rest more at ease now the "killin" machine has moved on.
    Haha Ciao Doc

Soulwalker

Where have all the warriors gone,
    Re-rolled rouges every one,
    When will they ever learn,
    FOTM is not for long.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gradient View Post
    Yeah I signed up to be a healer and try and keep my team alive or die trying, not to have enforced RP of some kind of hit'n'run Alcoholic who leaves his team to die once a minute so he can get a few slugs of rum before wandering back to heal whoever isn't dead on his return.

I still see a large number of warriors in the warfronts i'm in. I don't know what your talking about.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Khalsa84 View Post
    as a warrior i have noticed most clerics dont heal they go dps i understand that your class is not called healer its called cleric

rogues now can self heal of trinklets greater ess spells as well as tank and go immune mages can already heal them selfs. cleric sits there thinking well those are the only two classes worth keeping up but my self so i will go dps. so warrirors sitting ducks i still play on my warrior till i get 450 ins stones then back to my rogue. some clerics/mage still heal me and im greatful for that
    Disagree - I go back and forth depending on my mood. Such mood usually being set by the number and vocal quality of dbags in the WF.

Healing has taken successive nerfs. Everyone believes it is their divine right to 1v1 healers - and of course if a healer doesn't die and <gasp> actually manages to kill them, the healers are still goddam OP sh!theels and need to be nerfed. TO THE GROUND!!!11!

Currently, based on the debuffs and the sheer quantity of rogues (was in a Dex where there were 19 of them out of 29 total players - 10 guardian and 9 defiant) makes it quite an unpleasant chore. Particularly when the odd assassin jumps out to kill me while my "teammates" are spammng fan out and let me die.

No fun. No heals. That simple. We aren't your lapdogs - even though as healers our main purpose is allowing you to do your job, the favor is rarely returned.

Quote Originally Posted by BadRumBee View Post
    Where have all the warriors gone,
    Re-rolled rouges every one,
    When will they ever learn,
    FOTM is not for long.
    well im kinda hoping they make Cleric Healing souls fotm soon... they can keep that going long time
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Well I also think that with the boredom of PvP in this game at time a lot of people have also gone the way of leveling alts. I leveled a Cleric first because Ive always liked playing healers, she's r7 the grind got to long with RL responsibilities, so with the few hours I get to play a week I leveled a Warrior to 50 and am now working on a Rogue which is 42 now.

Ive gone from being able to play from a few hours a day to a few hours a week. I still want to play and with the uber grind to r8 PvP is just a bit funner pre 40 level and you can play for 1 hour and see the progress in your lower level toons where the r7 1 hour is barely 4 WF's and not a whole lot of progress to r8. And with the only source engine and essences for PvP are from PvP dailies. Now you have to choose wether to do WF's or TRY and get the dailies done you can only do 1 what do you do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

I'm a warrior and I still PVP. Too stubborn to quit and reroll. Not putting all that time and energy into leveling another toon just to get nerfed again. That's the fatal flaw with rerolling: If Trion can Eff up one class, they can do it to another. Rerolling won't help much because it's literally a roll of the dice away from being an equal POS.

That and I'm grinding my way to r8 to get my 2-hander, due to horrible HK 2-hander itemization issues 1handers start dropping off murdantix and trash, but you have Zilch chance at a 2-hander until deep first floor progression at estrode and grugonim.

I see our biggest PVP issues as:

1. Survivability. There's a reason why the majority of wars run shield specs now. We're also the most dependent on healers, which aren't that common any more. I can't tell you how many times I've killed someone and then kept stuck in combat by some stupid dot or other bug and can't use an ironpine melange to heal, then I die when someone finds me at 20% life.

2. Power generation. So many times I will be in the middle of a fight and just completely out of power. Any discussion of dps issues can not be solved UNTIL we have adequate power with which to fight.

3. Physical finishers are horrible. None are anywhere as good as Builder+Fiery burst. All physical finishers need to do do more damage or at least be OGCD.
    Last edited by Hodor; 11-09-2011 at 09:37 AM.

Soulwalker

I see very, very few warriors in the Warfronts I am in.

Generally, I am one of two, maybe three out of ~30 players.

A lot of times, I am the only one.

Most warfronts are at least 50% rogues.

Some are upwards of 85%.

Decent healing goes a long ways towards kicking *** and taking names on a warrior, though. The huge HP pool makes pouring healing into us a lot easier than on squishier classes.

I do agree that our finishers are pretty meh. There are only a few that really make your eyes pop, and those are on long enough cooldowns that it is rare to get them off more than once (before you are dead).

If you get the luxury of 3 attack points into a Shifting Blades (follow up attack for 75% damage of the first) and can drop a Perfect Timing (auto crit) augmented Death Blow, you can lean back in your chair cackling like a madman.

Beyond that, Fiery Burst is the name of the game. Really, Riftblade somehow has 85% of our useful utility abilities in one spot... All with the added bonus of elemental damage... Hmm. Maybe other trees should include real stuns (Titan's Strike lasts 3 seconds with 3 Attack Points in? That is basically an interrupt with the handicap of requiring Attack Points AND not being off the GCD!), roots, decent defense boosts that aren't deep in PvE one-hand trees...

Without decent survivability AND utility OR damage, being a warrior is a pretty tough sell. Most of the time, you just get roflstomped by a rogue.
    Last edited by noonesshowmonkey; 11-09-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Rift Disciple

Well I agree, when I'm in a WF I'm generally the only Warrior, on occasion there is one more. Mages/Rogues make up the largest classes, Cleric third and even those don't generally heal. I also agree playing Warrior in a WF handicaps your team, they'd do better with another Rogue or Mage. Rogues can do anything a Warrior can only better, and even wearing leather they have force fields and much greater survivability (given they'll kill you faster then you can kill them...therefore better survivability!) as plate counts for **** in this games pvp.
    Open world is even worse as you run into a Rogue you're dead, you run into a mage you're dead, you run into a Cleric..you really have that kinda time to fight? Only hope you have is enclountering another Warrior..alone. I still play mine, mostly because I'm stubborn but I'm mostly rep grinding not PvPing. I have a lvl 39 Rogue I'm leveling for PvP, even at 39 RS/NB is sick.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast