+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Valor: reduce damage from player AOE effects

Only thing I would ever tamper with on AoE's is give them a *chance* to interrupt casting when capping dex flags/picking up stones etc. Kind of how getting hit doesn't indefinitely dismount you, but sometimes I feel aoe can be a little abusive in the fact that as long as some classes are alive they can pretty much stop a team of 10 from capping something. Giving it a % chance to interrupt point caps/stone pickups wouldn't entirely discourage you from aoe'ing a spot with people gathered to try and do it. But it would possibly veer away from the "omg the flag dropped, spam the flag until it resets" shenanigans. AoE's should be used for killing, not interrupting somebody 20x in a row. IMO it would be balanced since it would make it viable for both teams to get their @$$'s down there and cap the point fast, instead of encouraging the guy with aoe's to stay far away and spam the area.

You'd still have times where you get interrupted multiple times.

You'd also have times where you are rewarded for hustling to the spot first and clicking for that pickup/cap point.

Really only thing I wouldn't mind seeing adjusted with AoE's. Feels like a slight side-track from the objectives. Same reason I felt it would be fun to experiment the idea of Whitefall flag caps on touch, not 'pickup' cast times. This would be a good middle ground for that desire imo.

Shadowlander

I'd love to see some AoE nerfs. As a healbot all I ever seem to do is spam AoE heals. This isn't because I don't know how to do anything else, I've got bars full of all kinds of heals mapped to keys for different occasions. The reason is because AoE spam is so popular. The whole party is getting nailed with AoEs, so I have little recourse but to AoE heal. The only real skill is noticing when it stops.

I much prefer more focused healing, trying to keep a couple targets up (perhaps myself being one of them) under attack, rather than just slamming my AoE heal key, and occasionally my AoE HoT key.

I don't claim to know the answer, but it is something that should be looked at. Figure out a way to make it so that AoEs are still useful, in the right cases, but not to damn spammy.

I agree, but healing needs a reduction too.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

If your that worried about aoe spec for survival!!

Look to your pvp soul.. Rogues can get a 15% reduction from all aoe attacks!! Warriors can mitigate damage through blocking.. Clerics or mages I believe can mitigate a percentage of all magical damage recieved which includes those pesky tyranny/devouring shadow spam...

The abilities are thier if you look all you have to do is make a sacrifice in some aspect to recieve that extra survivability...

but above all play smart you dont need to change your spec at all if you do and you wont get hit by most of the aoe either
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Plane Walker

cant we just remove clerics all together in pvp?
    they are just raw meat anyway.

nerf aoe, nerf healing bla bla bla.

I for one dont really wanna play a 20 vs 20 bridge fight in Scion without aoe. It would just be a neverending battle.

if you are afraid of aoe, move away.
    Can I have your mana?

Qia

AOE is the reason I stopped playing a healing spec in PvP.
    I just cba with spamming Healing Communion. It is too boring...
    AOE damage is out of hand, AOE healing is out hand. They should never be as effective as they are at the moment.

The amount of pushbacks in PvP disables any spec with a cast time... that's why you never see a Warlock (example) cast anything. They just spam DS, becuase casting VoiD Bolt probably takes 3+ seconds, due to the insane amount of AOE. Same goes for Inquisitors.

The dumbest part is that AOE target attacks have 30m + 10m range (based on spell of course), which even disables the ability to "kite" them, since they can just target a random ****** and everyone 10m around him gets hit.

Seriously, who thought that making HC 2 sec cast and normal heals 3 sec cast would make any sense?
    1.5 sec cast heal is not doable in PvP.

Stupid AOE damage needs to be nerfed and AOE healing needs to be nerfed.
    Warfronts in it's current state or nothing but AOE fests.
    Codex is the golden exception.
    Last edited by Qia; 11-07-2011 at 05:20 AM.
    Ip

But IP, your a terribad dwarf, what do you know of such things?
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanas View Post
    But IP, your a terribad dwarf, what do you know of such things?
    #show Devouring Shadows
    suppressmacrofailures
    stopcasting
    cast Devouring Shadows
    Ip

Ascendant

AOE doesnt need a nerf. It is about the only thing in this game that provides anyway to deal with zergs.
    Irony - Pathiss

Qia

Then have fun spamming Healing Communion. This is pretty much the only thing I can do when the enemy has "stopcast" abusers and AOE heal debuff.
    Ip

Ascendant

You can't just reduce AOE by 30% without doing a major game-wide spell revamp.

For warriors, for instance -- all our burst is AOE based. You'd have to totally revamp our class for this change.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    You can't just reduce AOE by 30% without doing a major game-wide spell revamp.

For warriors, for instance -- all our burst is AOE based. You'd have to totally revamp our class for this change.
    Yes, it's all about AOE.

When you can ST crit someone for 1,9k and AOE crit 8 players without any cast time for 1,6k (warlock examples) it's obviously how balanced everything is.

Same goes for cabalist where bound fate crits for almost the same as Shadows Touch.
    Ip

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2