+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: What really happens when nb/rs fights a cleric. *buff nb/rs*

Default What really happens when nb/rs fights a cleric. *buff nb/rs*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WhKLk5vvVQ

Since alot of you were all like 30 minute duel rogues can totally do that in the last thread. Or "Proves nothing that clerics and mages can duel each other that long". Here's what happens when a rogue in this NB/RS spec fights a cleric. Today I thought we'd take a look at this "OP" nb/rs and why I don't think it is that strong of a spec.

As you can see the cleric's spec shares many of the same issues with the nb/rs. He has his tank soul for increased damage reduction and raid heals, he has his damage soul so he can kill me, and he has a heal soul so he can keep his teammates alive despite popular belief. There is no skill involved in him destroying everything in his path. He just uses 2 buttons, damage and heal macros. If he was getting focused by 5 or more players he hits his MoL button so that he can tank them easily. Notice he doesn't even bother cleansing off FB most of the time. This encounter would have lasted way shorter if he had played properly and used more than 2 buttons.

Are there some things I could have done differently? Yes I could have been a little better about keeping my buffs up from blink / finishers. Do I think it would have changed the outcome of the duel? Absolutely not.

Solution, either something needs to be done about the massive amount of heals a cleric can do ,or some combination of a reduction of cleric heals and an increase in nightblade damage.

Note: I don't think that a rogue should have a guaranteed chance to kill a cleric every time. I simply feel that it should be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

This one example of a duel, done under laboratory conditions, and posted by someone with no axe to grind, leads me to believe that a whole set of classes should be nerfed and/or buffed.

Using videos of 1v1 duels against useless troll-icar specs is a legitimate way to balance PvP
    afk tera.

Shadowlander

Nothing interesting to see here, ps did you rate your own thread?

So NB/RS needs buffs because it can't 1v1 kill every spec of every class, in addition to being the best world PvP and warfronts spec?

edit: Also, now I see who all those people were mocking with their photoshop forum signatures. And why they were mocking him.
    Last edited by Stay; 11-01-2011 at 07:23 AM.

wow you suck,

DD rogue vs healing cleric (with a healthy portion of tank soul mixed in)

you have no heal debuffs
    you hardly CC'd him at all (he has no breakfree)
    his damage is so tiny he was barely hurting you
    he was only healing himself with his passive abilities which proc when you crit him

in any real PvP situation this cleric would get destroyed by purges, CC's, and heal debuffs from smart players. also his damage is so low that he would be killed before he could kill anyone but a 0 valor noob. swap to marksman, heal debuff -> kite -> purge as needed -> win.

Ascendant

That cleric spec is a solo troll spec. It is terrible in any >1 battle. NB/RS own real heal specced clerics in warfronts where they have to do stuff besides just heal themselves.
    Last edited by Rizaz; 11-01-2011 at 07:31 AM.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    That cleric spec is a solo troll spec. It is terrible in any >1 battle. NS/RB own real heal specced clerics in warfronts where they have to do stuff besides just heal themselves.
    Then it's not a "real" spec if it stops healing the team, because of 1 NB/RS Rogue.

12/33/21 or 26/28/12 or 27/31/5 warden/sent/templar should survive any NB/RS Rogue while healing other players.
    Ip

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    Then it's not a "real" spec if it stops healing the team, because of 1 NB/RS Rogue.

12/33/21 or 26/28/12 or 27/31/5 warden/sent/templar should survive any NB/RS Rogue while healing other players.
    Exactly. Those are actual PvP specs. Though I would argue if a cleric is surviving a nb/rs with cooldowns, while healing other players, then that cleric is a much better player. (and/or had help healing)

Zyzyx posted a video of him fighting basically a justicar shaman troll cleric. That troll cleric is useless in anything except solo play. Basically this is a pointless thread.
    Last edited by Rizaz; 11-01-2011 at 07:41 AM.

Aliia Eirena
    Cleric Rogue
    Member of <CoLD>

i see what you did there

oh ok when its a rogue with strong durability and decent damage it's OP

when it's a cleric on the other hand its a troll spec and no one should pay attention

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    oh ok when its a rogue with strong durability and decent damage it's OP

when it's a cleric on the other hand its a troll spec and no one should pay attention
    That spec does no meaningful damage an no meaningful healing. All it does is not die.

If you're trying to argue that a NB does comparable damage to a duracell troll build, I think the forums may laugh at that.
    Last edited by Rizaz; 11-01-2011 at 07:59 AM.

Shadowlander

Default straight tardin

How about take both of those specs into a WF and we will see how crazily NB/RS outperforms the troll spec.

Soulwalker

Solution, either something needs to be done about the massive amount of heals a cleric can do ,or some combination of a reduction of cleric heals and an increase in nightblade damage.
    are you seriously thinking anybody is going to agree with you? why do the op'ed fotm classes always bloat down the forums trying to extend their free ride? Jeez ****.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast