+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Dissb 12th and 13th Narrative PVP Videos, p8 Wearing P3 and P4 Gear, "Double Feature"

Rift Disciple

Default Dissb 12th and 13th Narrative PVP Videos, p8 Wearing P3 and P4 Gear, "Double Feature"

Released 1.5 Dissb 12th and 13th Narrative PVP Vidoes wearing Prestige 3 and 4 Gear.

These 2 warfronts, Codex and Whitefall Steppes were taken back to back. It seems a bulk of the new and casual players fall into the Prestige 3 and 4 gear, so I decided to record my first 2 warfronts equipping my newly purchased gear.

These videos depict the importance of mastering basic techniques such as overall awareness, positioning and knowing your limitations.

http://www.dissb.com/rift-1-5-dissb-...e-3-and-4-gear
    Dissb's Blog: Tactics, Tips, Tricks and Strategeis for Rift
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

"This video is private"
    Kaidagar - Dayblind- R8 Warrior

Rift Disciple

Sorry, should be fixed now.
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

Rift Chaser

Always enjoyed watching your Mage vids Dissb. To be honest though, your Codex video is by far my favorite video right now. Why? Because your team lost. Now I don't mean this as an insult. What I mean is, I like how you show that you're not always on a winning team but you stick to your role and don't try to be the hero that storms Codex lone gun slinger style and then rages when your team doesn't follow. You stuck by your team and lost with them, whether you agreed with their tactics or not. That is what Warfronts are a bout. You can scream at your screen til you're blue in the face but if you try to solo the entire enemy team you're just going to fail over and over again.

What I DISLIKE is that you said it was your last WF as a P3/P4 Mage. Since I enjoy watching your videos so much, what I would like to ask is that you maybe do the P3/P4 gear in Library and Black Garden as well. Mainly because Black Garden is such an enclosed space as far as the other maps are concerned. Library has many ways to LoS but it's still just as bad as Black Garden in that you or your teammates have to die in order for you to win. This is something I don't think a lot of people understand, and I even more hung up on the idea that a lot of people also aren't sure of how to support their teammates holding fang/vessels; as for those that hold the items, they don't seem to know where to go or what to do when they get them either-- at least in the Library.

The reason I don't really want a port scion build is because that map is by far the worst AE centered map between all of the WF's. It has a ton of places where you can LoS people, but the major areas that people go for just beg to be AE'd.

I'd very much enjoy another round of P3/P4 WF's before you hit P5/P6 but I won't hold it against you should you not do them. Also, what battlegroup are you in? You seem to have way more people pvping with you than us Wolfbane people get. We rarely see even half the raid size that you had.
    Quote Originally Posted by imBad View Post
    This is not a game with competitive pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    If you want different tiers for pvp and "competitive" pvp this is the wrong game for you by a long shot.

Rift Chaser

Sorry didn't get a chance to edit out the Black Garden suggestion. I had watched the 11th vid and liked it as well.

Still, lower rank Library would be a nice vid for at least the P3/P4 gear. Keep the vids coming man
    If you want different tiers for pvp and "competitive" pvp this is the wrong game for you by a long shot.

Rift Disciple

I appreciate the suggestions as I get many and try to accomodate them all. I try my hardest to be unbiased and completely random by showing the very first 2 warfronts I got.

I will try and do a couple more warfronts in my Prestige 3/4 gear, including Library. I may even just play a totally different spec that I am not accustomed to.

I reside on Sunrest, and our que times are very short.
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by dissb View Post
    I appreciate the suggestions as I get many and try to accomodate them all. I try my hardest to be unbiased and completely random by showing the very first 2 warfronts I got.

I will try and do a couple more warfronts in my Prestige 3/4 gear, including Library. I may even just play a totally different spec that I am not accustomed to.

I reside on Sunrest, and our que times are very short.

If you run a different spec, you could always try the 44 Necro Last Gasp spec ;) It's what I run and I haven't seen any vids of it being used. It isn't completely different from Lock as you still have DoTs to apply. But you also have to deal with pet management. I love it but the survivability compared to your spec is a lot lower.

No Shadow Life or Neddra's for example. Have to be a lot more careful. Not to mention with DS being nerfed in 1.6, you also don't have a ton of AE potential either. It is indeed different. But ty for the videos! If you guys have a short pvp que I may end up coming to Sunrest. Wolfsbane battle group has 10-15minute ques even at peak hours sometimes. It's pretty depressing.

Edit: Btw whatever you did differently with your mic in the last few videos, keep doing it. The first 10 it was insanely difficult to hear you but these were 100% better.
    Last edited by Kyoji; 10-28-2011 at 08:22 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kyoji View Post
    If you run a different spec, you could always try the 44 Necro Last Gasp spec ;) It's what I run and I haven't seen any vids of it being used. It isn't completely different from Lock as you still have DoTs to apply. But you also have to deal with pet management. I love it but the survivability compared to your spec is a lot lower.

No Shadow Life or Neddra's for example. Have to be a lot more careful. Not to mention with DS being nerfed in 1.6, you also don't have a ton of AE potential either. It is indeed different. But ty for the videos! If you guys have a short pvp que I may end up coming to Sunrest. Wolfsbane battle group has 10-15minute ques even at peak hours sometimes. It's pretty depressing.

Edit: Btw whatever you did differently with your mic in the last few videos, keep doing it. The first 10 it was insanely difficult to hear you but these were 100% better.
    I appreciate your suggestion and may just give that one a try. Yeah, our server definitely doesn't have a problem with que times, at least for guardian faction.

I am glad it sounds better, sometimes all it takes is some feedback from you guys because I had no idea. Feedback, comments and suggestions are always welcome in my house.
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

Plane Walker

Those videos should be required viewing before anyone enters WF.

Fantastically good.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Drakanish View Post
    Those videos should be required viewing before anyone enters WF.

Fantastically good.
    Agreed, very good work.

Only problem is if you're in a battlegroup that is heavy Defiant and very lacking Guardian (like Wolfsbane/Faemist/etc) some of the tactics are harder to pull off. An example of which would be from my experiences today in WF's:

Each que has been about a 4v4 in BG. Never anything else. I buff up, look at the WF member list and notice their team has a healer, ours doesn't. We may still win, I think, because I can pressure a single healer with my build and leave the rest of my guys to take out the others while I'm busy. Plan seems to work...

I run around the opposing team, keeping to the side and trying to stay out of direction fire.. make my way to the healer while everyone is distracted with my teammates.. DoT him up, make him panic as the more he heals the more damage he takes.. He splits from his group and I follow, going in for the kill and keeping those cleansed DoT's on him.. I see him on his last sliver of health and leave my pet to finish him off-- look at the raid frames to see my entire team was annihilated and the enemy team is heading right for me.

The only way I could have stayed alive was to DoT up the healer, get him low and as my team died hope none of the now free enemies (no longer occupied by a teammate) doesn't see me as I slip behind a wall and wait for teammates to respawn. Not only would this have been completely ineffective as I couldn't have stayed to make sure the healer had died, but now I'm having to wait for everyone to respawn in order to reengage and hope the same thing doesn't happen again (which it did).

Mostly why I'm considering Transferring to another shard, such as Faeblight or another shard within Sunrest's battlegroup.

Rift Disciple

Released Rift 1.5 Dissb 14th Narrative PVP Video, P8 wearing P3 and P4 gear, Library of the Runemasters.

http://www.dissb.com/rift-1-5-dissb-...he-runemasters
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

Telaran

Nice vids.
    Xerol
    Cleric
    Tempest Wolves

So, I was watching the Codex video and just busted out laughing. Here's how I remember it..

you saying 'this rogue is always attacking me'

rogue dies, you look up and see a rainbow, and a shooting star..

couple of minutes later..

you saying 'it's that gosh darn rogue (name I forget) again. I'm fine, i'll just kite him away to my friends....'.(you die)

I'm not giving you a hard time, but I just thought that was funny because it happens to all of us and shows the reality of a warfront and not just clips of you wtfpwning. I'm sure that rogue (what's his name....mushmush?) was focused on you because you are a threat. Hey man, I consider that a compliment when I get focused.

Anyway, good job with the videos. I enjoy watching them.

You're really annoying to kill but that's about it.

Rift Disciple

This is an excellent write up that I posted on my blog talking about Global Cool Downs, as a Resource.

Written by a Defiant on Sunrest, Mirason

http://www.dissb.com/global-cool-dow...-as-a-resource
    www.dissb.com
    Dissb's Warlock Guide

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast