+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mages are OP

Quote Originally Posted by Osmosis View Post
    Where are all these OP mages then? I certainly don't feel more OP, I'm actually playing Pyro/Dom less than I was before 1.6. I still see LOADS of rogues in warfronts, so this day of the mage has yet to arrive. Rogues STILL need toning down, mages are fine.
    You are really, really bad
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    You are really, really bad
    On the basis of what? NOT playing the fotm pyro builds and claiming mages are NOT op? I'm really bad for having an opinion? At least my class is not faceroll easy, requiring little to no skill. At least my class isnt' played by braindeads that need to be given a passive heal debuff and siphon because they cried and cried on the forums.
    Sidestep - Mage - Riptalon

Ascendant

On the basis of what? NOT playing the fotm pyro builds and claiming mages are NOT op? I'm really bad for having an opinion? At least my class is not faceroll easy, requiring little to no skill. At least my class isnt' played by braindeads that need to be given a passive heal debuff and siphon because they cried and cried on the forums.
    It's not? Hurr durr Devouring Shadows. Or hurr durr Chloro.

Why not try a rogue if you think it so easy? You may be surprised...
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

On the basis of what? NOT playing the fotm pyro builds and claiming mages are NOT op?
    Yes .
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Raen Ryong View Post
    Or hurr durr Chloro.
    Chloro isn't easier or harder to play than a Rogue spec.
    ~Quiescent

Ascendant

Chloro has a ridiculous amount of survivability, meaning position isn't as important.
    Raenryong@Deepwood R69 ~ Amathys@Zaviel (Rogue)
    Serefina@Deepwood R66 ~ Solserefina@Zaviel (Warrior)
    Seraena@Deepwood R80 ~ Seraena@Zaviel R70 (Cleric)
    Avalonia@Deepwood R66 ~ Avalonia@Zaviel (Mage)
    <Dauntless> ~ <Excellence>

You're going to have to do better than that...
    Ummm.....why? I asked a simple question. Is a Mage being able to do 150k damage and also heal for 130k in a warfront balanced? Should any class be able to put those numbers up? There were two of them in the last one I was in putting these numbers up.

I have NO issue with mages dishing out awesome damage, but what I do take issue with is the survivability they have while doing so. The whole qq about NB's was never about their dps, it was the fact they were tough to kill as well. No cannons should be made of cast iron in a pvp game, they should all be made of glass, period.

Where are all these OP mages then? I certainly don't feel more OP, I'm actually playing Pyro/Dom less than I was before 1.6. I still see LOADS of rogues in warfronts, so this day of the mage has yet to arrive. Rogues STILL need toning down, mages are fine.
    Scissors is fine, nerf paper.

Sincerely,

Rock.

I will agree NBs are still op and I play a rogue.....but to say mages are not is dishonest. They always have been in one form or another starting with the first days of the pyro fulminate debacle we had to endure for waaaay too long.

Chloro isn't easier or harder to play than a Rogue spec.
    I don't know about endgame but my 30ish mage chloro is easy mode dude.....in fact all of it is easy mode. I don't even bother play it. I laugh when mages say they are only op if played well.....as if they are tough to play. Funny stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Ummm.....why? I asked a simple question. Is a Mage being able to do 150k damage and also heal for 130k in a warfront balanced? Should any class be able to put those numbers up? There were two of them in the last one I was in putting these numbers up.
    You didn't provide a screenshot...That's like me saying "ZOMGWTF I GOT 300k CRIT BY A NIGHTBLADE!!" My quote and your quote have the same validity. You didn't even provide what spec they were using.

I have NO issue with mages dishing out awesome damage, but what I do take issue with is the survivability they have while doing so. The whole qq about NB's was never about their dps, it was the fact they were tough to kill as well. No cannons should be made of cast iron in a pvp game, they should all be made of glass, period.
    See my first quote

I don't know about endgame but my 30ish mage chloro is easy mode dude.....in fact all of it is easy mode. I don't even bother play it. I laugh when mages say they are only op if played well.....as if they are tough to play. Funny stuff.
    Are you seriously judging endgame play at level 30?
    ~Quiescent

Chloro has a ridiculous amount of survivability, meaning position isn't as important.
    Positioning is entirely important for a chloro, as it is any healer or ranged dps...
    Last edited by Zaros; 11-20-2011 at 10:57 AM.
    ~Quiescent

It's not? Hurr durr Devouring Shadows. Or hurr durr Chloro.

Why not try a rogue if you think it so easy? You may be surprised...
    Funnily enough I did try a rogue! I made a few macro's, knocked up the 44/22 NB/RS build and went to town, my first warfront, codex, went 19-1, on a class that I don't know how to play, basically went like this -> Port + Mash builder macro + finisher = stuff dies. MM is just as easy.

Scissors is fine, nerf paper.

Sincerely,

Rock.

I will agree NBs are still op and I play a rogue.....but to say mages are not is dishonest. They always have been in one form or another starting with the first days of the pyro fulminate debacle we had to endure for waaaay too long.
    I haven't really played Pyro/Dom since 1.6, admittedly I am P8 so from my point of view I don't see opposition mages as being any more dangerous, the good players are still tough opposition and some do hit me quite hard BUT i haven't noticed an influx of low ranked mages pinging super fireballs at me, but lower ranked rogues in NB mode are still a wee bit too much and still need the welfare heal debuff adjusting, even though the proc rate is low I still think it's bugged because of it's uptime.

Funnily enough I did try a rogue! I made a few macro's, knocked up the 44/22 NB/RS build and went to town, my first warfront, codex, went 19-1, on a class that I don't know how to play, basically went like this -> Port + Mash builder macro + finisher = stuff dies. MM is just as easy.
    How did you level a Rogue to 50 without knowing how to play the class?
    ~Quiescent

You didn't provide a screenshot...That's like me saying "ZOMGWTF I GOT 300k CRIT BY A NIGHTBLADE!!" My quote and your quote have the same validity. You didn't even provide what spec they were using.

See my first quote

Are you seriously judging endgame play at level 30?
    So you are claiming I am lying......you've never seen a mage do 6 figure heals and dps before? Seriously? You are honestly going to deny this?

And no I was not judging endgame by 30 and I quantified it as so in my post. I will say though I have played this game enough and each of the 4 classes enough to know the way you play them does not change a whole hell of a lot between 30 and 50. Balance differences yes, but I am talking GAMEPLAY, how easy the soul is to PLAY, not how balanced it is. THe chloro at 30 is the same concept as at 50, it is easy mode healing, period.
    Last edited by GreatWhiteRhino; 11-20-2011 at 05:22 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast