+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By saos
  • 1 Post By Undrsiege

Thread: Time to stop the QQing mages, Blackout nerfed!

Default Time to stop the QQing mages, Blackout nerfed!

Time for all the fotm 44 NB 22 RS to go back to MM. As a rogue, I can say this honestly needed to be done because that build was obnoxious to say the least.
    Reflex - Cleric
    Prank - Mage
    Uck - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Drakedog
    how does a french PvP server work?.... do you all just take turns surrendering?

Quote Originally Posted by Braves View Post
    Time for all the fotm 44 NB 22 RS to go back to MM. As a rogue, I can say this honestly needed to be done because that build was obnoxious to say the least.
    I'm at work: Is this on live?

-Liang

Plane Touched

I never even used blackout so people will still be crying if that is the only nerf.

NB/RS doesn't need to be nerfed though, people just need to learn how to purge. Pretty simple.
    Last edited by saos; 10-20-2011 at 02:53 PM.

Should be live as of:

RIFT 1.5 Hotfix #9 - 8:00am PDT 10/20/11 [NA] - 1:00am GMT 21/10/11 [EU]

* Nightblade: Blackout: No longer causes spell-based attacks to miss. Duration has been reduced to 5 seconds from 6 seconds.
    Larenzo - R7 Rogue <insert random shard here>

Quote Originally Posted by saos View Post
    I never even used blackout so people will still be crying if that is the only nerf.

NB/RS doesn't need to be nerfed though, people just need to learn how to purge. Pretty simple.
    So.... what you're saying is that you are the only person people were complaining about.... and because you never used blackout, nobody else did either.

Cool story.

-Liang

Plane Touched

Every calling should get a no CD purge.

Champion

My Purge is a spell based attack. Missed! Now on Cooldown.

I knew they would do something off the wall like this to nerf Rogue survivability. They must have endless money growing from trees to keep financing these buff/nerf cycles. Job security, I guess!

I'm glad I'm done with my Rogue, finally, and at least they held off on the nerf slide until all I needed was the fast mount and the R8 essence. I'll park it now and play it again when they have R9/R10 ranks, if the Calling has survivability. Now, it's on to the next fotm and that looks like it's gonna be Mages! Yay!! Eventually I'll have an R8 of each calling = nerf immunity!
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

I keep on checking the trainer - eradicate still isn't on the list of skills.
    oh wait, this is one of those arguments that fail rogues make.

Don't worry, the nerf train is a comin'.

Code:
                                            (@@@) (@@@@@)
                                       (@@) (@@@@@@@) (@@@@@@@)
    NERF TRAIN!              (@@@@@@@) (@@@@@) (@@@@@@@@@@@)
                                (@@@) (@@@@@@@) (@@@@@@) (@@@)
                            (@@@@@@) (@@@@@@) (@)
                          (@@@) (@@@@) (@@)
                      (@@) (@@@)
                      .-. 
                      ] [     .-.       _          .-----.
                      ." """"   """""" """"     |  .--`                                        
                      (:--:--:--:--:--:--:--:-| [___ .------------------------.
                      |C&O : : : : : : [_9_] |'='|.----------------------.|     <Rogues go here>
                      /|.___________________________|___|'--.___.--.___.--.___.-'| 
                     / ||_.--.______.--.______.--._ |---\'--\-.-/==\-.-/==\-.-/-'/--
                    /__;^=(==)======(==)======(==)=^~^^^ ^^^^(-)^^^^                       ~~^~~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^~~~^
    Last edited by overbyte; 10-20-2011 at 03:30 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Taptap View Post
    I knew they would do something off the wall like this to nerf Rogue survivability. They must have endless money growing from trees to keep financing these buff/nerf cycles. Job security, I guess!

I'm glad I'm done with my Rogue, finally, and at least they held off on the nerf slide until all I needed was the fast mount and the R8 essence. I'll park it now and play it again when they have R9/R10 ranks, if the Calling has survivability. Now, it's on to the next fotm and that looks like it's gonna be Mages! Yay!! Eventually I'll have an R8 of each calling = nerf immunity!
    This patch was a success...

1 Less rogue and counting.

Telaran

Lol this is just going to force rogues back to using cleanse soul leaving you equally pissed off. Ima go respec right now and keep on eating casters.
    Jeezy likes to drink, Jeezy likes to smoke; Jeezy likes to gank p8 clerics in their throat.

Quote Originally Posted by overbyte View Post

I keep on checking the trainer - eradicate still isn't on the list of skills.
    oh wait, this is one of those arguments that fail rogues make.

Don't worry, the nerf train is a comin'.
    Lol, until then you have reason to stay away from my Warrior hunting R8 Rogue!

Quote Originally Posted by Undrsiege View Post
    This patch was a success...

1 Less rogue and counting.
    It wasn't the patch, it was the QQ that led to todays patch. Doesn't really bother me at full geared R8, just a tickle (so far) but I'm thinking down the nerf road to R9/R10. Best stay away from my R8 Rogue for a few more days, it still needs a bit more Favor to top things off. And it will still server a purpose helping to finance my other Callings, but it's PvP days were numbered anyway after getting to R8. The soon to continue Rogue nerfs aren't going to affect me since my Rogue is all it can be right now (except for a couple of very minor Favor related things, like a fast mount and a replacement essence) and it was slated for retirement soon anyway.

Have fun with your easy kills, just like old times! The nerf slide has only begun for Rogues. Nerf their damage while mobile, buff them at same time to compensate and make them viable, then later start nerfing them until they're worse than pre-1.5. Just like happened with Warriors. Lol!

Mage toon, time to wake up and get busy again! Already started doing the same with my 50 Cleric. Oooh, I can hear the forum QQ now with the warfronts flooded with 50% of the players being wannabe "bad" Mages! Karma! hahahahahahaha
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

+ Reply to Thread