+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: FFS....Stop crying...

Rift Disciple

Default FFS....Stop crying...

It took me almost 6 months to start my rogue from lvl 1 to R8. Getting owned all the way to R7. Finally, I hit R8 2 days after 1.5 came out. I'm not the kind of player that has toons of all classes and pulls them out depending on the new patches. I put everything into 1 toon. Just like I put 5 years on my wow lock. No alts.
    BTW, I left wow due to the insane amount of nerfs that blizz imposed on locks the last 4 years I played. I took it in stride and adopted to all the nerfs and was still a top notch pvp lock in bg's and arena.
    So, in Rift, after paying my dues and learning how to play my ONLY class, I'm finally enjoying an mmo and what happens?
    First, most people pull out their old rogues or roll a new one to the point of rogue shard overdose.
    Secondly, the crying and constant whining of the other classes that got used to killing opponents just by breathing on them. Get over yourselves and stop complaining. As a good R8, I AM going to 2 shot your butt if you're pve or R2 geared. Buy some perspective and chew on it....

Quote Originally Posted by Mavra View Post
    It took me almost 6 months to start my rogue from lvl 1 to R8. Getting owned all the way to R7. Finally, I hit R8 2 days after 1.5 came out. I'm not the kind of player that has toons of all classes and pulls them out depending on the new patches. I put everything into 1 toon. Just like I put 5 years on my wow lock. No alts.
    BTW, I left wow due to the insane amount of nerfs that blizz imposed on locks the last 4 years I played. I took it in stride and adopted to all the nerfs and was still a top notch pvp lock in bg's and arena.
    So, in Rift, after paying my dues and learning how to play my ONLY class, I'm finally enjoying an mmo and what happens?
    First, most people pull out their old rogues or roll a new one to the point of rogue shard overdose.
    Secondly, the crying and constant whining of the other classes that got used to killing opponents just by breathing on them. Get over yourselves and stop complaining. As a good R8, I AM going to 2 shot your butt if you're pve or R2 geared. Buy some perspective and chew on it....
    Is your basic point that the fact that 50-75% of every WF is Rogues is indicative that the game is perfectly balanced with regards to Rogues and there's no tuning required.

-Liang

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    Is your basic point that the fact that 50-75% of every WF is Rogues is indicative that the game is perfectly balanced with regards to Rogues and there's no tuning required.

-Liang
    Tune what? R8 rogues that know their class? No. Rogue class is finally balanced. Why should I get nerfed because most 12 year olds are playing their rogues these days? I remember facing 90% warriors in any given wf, not too long ago...

Plane Touched

A rogue created an account just on the forums to whine, disregard. It wont stop the impending swing of the bat. Hope you guys can still walk after it, god knows it took 5 months to recover from the Sab swing.

Sounds like the OP needs to stop crying.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 10-17-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Telaran

after paying my dues
    There you have it folks, 1.5 has been justified

Tune what? R8 rogues that know their class? No. Rogue class is finally balanced. Why should I get nerfed because most 12 year olds are playing their rogues these days? I remember facing 90% warriors in any given wf, not too long ago...
    Maybe because the class (almost as a whole) is overpowered right now...... ?

-Liang

Qia

No, his point is that Rogues are finally balanced (meaning you aren't better playing another class).
    Rogues have already been overpopulated, because every player wants to play a Rogue.

Now that they received a buff, you see many players start a Rogue alt, which results in even more Rogues.

Example:
    (numbers are made up)
    Till 1.5!

Rogues: 30%
    Clerics: 25%
    Mages: 25%
    Warriors: 20%

Start of 1.5!
    Many of those Clerics/Mage/Warriors are already rank 8. They get bored. They reroll.
    Rogue has been very powerfull in lower level brackets since headstart, now they received a buff. Let's roll a rogue.
    Most of the Rogues stayed Rogues, because they are balanced now. Very few Rogues rerolled, because they are overpowered now.

Rogues: 50%
    Clerics: 20%
    Mage: 20%
    Warriors: 10%
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post
    No, his point is that Rogues are finally balanced (meaning you aren't better playing another class).
    Rogues have already been overpopulated, because every player wants to play a Rogue.

Now that they received a buff, you see many players start a Rogue alt, which results in even more Rogues.
    Right, it's you're just better off playing a Rogue than every other class. But that's ok, because its balanced you see!

-Liang

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Qia View Post

Example:
    (numbers are made up)
    Till 1.5!

Rogues: 30%
    Clerics: 25%
    Mages: 25%
    Warriors: 20%

Start of 1.5!
    Many of those Clerics/Mage/Warriors are already rank 8. They get bored. They reroll.
    Rogue has been very powerfull in lower level brackets since headstart, now they received a buff. Let's roll a rogue.
    Most of the Rogues stayed Rogues, because they are balanced now. Very few Rogues rerolled, because they are overpowered now.

Rogues: 50%
    Clerics: 20%
    Mage: 20%
    Warriors: 10%
    Thanks Qia. I should have kept it more basic but yea. So many killjoys out there...lol

Thanks Qia. I should have kept it more basic but yea. So many killjoys out there...lol
    Ok, cool. You paid your dues. How many months/years do you want to remain overpowered?

-Liang

Rank 8 rogues that knew their class, weren't crying on the forums pre 1.5

P.S: Locks were fine in WoW. L2P I loved practically 2 shotting people on my rogue/lock in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    Ok, cool. You paid your dues. How many months/years do you want to remain overpowered?

-Liang
    You are absolutely ridiculous Liang. most of the changes were doing to the tanking tree. The 44/22 and I'm assuming you're referring to the Marksman soul, may seem overpowered but only in comparison to what it was like prior to some changes. Why do you complain about how OP something is instead of bringing whatever you feel is missing and buff that class.

What makes the Rogue OP. And I mean the class, not just the FoTMs???

Real Data, please. not hyperbole.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    A rogue created an account just on the forums to whine, disregard. It wont stop the impending swing of the bat. Hope you guys can still walk after it, god knows it took 5 months to recover from the Sab swing.

Sounds like the OP needs to stop crying.
    If Trion unjustly nerfs rogues for the sake of all you whiners, I will not wait 5 years before I cancel. Six months is a small price to pay. Hello and goodbye. I think the folks at Trion are smarter than that....

Quote Originally Posted by Drazzzen View Post
    You are absolutely ridiculous Liang. most of the changes were doing to the tanking tree. The 44/22 and I'm assuming you're referring to the Marksman soul, may seem overpowered but only in comparison to what it was like prior to some changes. Why do you complain about how OP something is instead of bringing whatever you feel is missing and buff that class.

Comments:
    - Did you read the same patch notes I did? There were an incredible number of changes to virtually all Rogue souls.
    - Why are you talking about not having the facts when you don't even know that the 44/22 is a NB/RS build?
    - I've been very vocal and specific about the changes that have to be made to the Rogue souls just so that we can see 1.5 for what it was supposed to be instead of the cluster**** it was.

-Liang

Default numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by Drazzzen View Post

You must be the only person on the planet that hasn't seen the "IWin button" rogue video.. If you can honestly say the class isn't OP after 2 mins of that... Then nothing in this world is going to change your mind..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast