+ Reply to Thread

Thread: How long does it take to get to r4 / r6 / r8 in PvP?

Champion

Default How long does it take to get to r4 / r6 / r8 in PvP?

I ask because in a number of threads, I've seen people make utterly conflicting claims on how long it takes to get to r4 / r6 / r8 in PvP, so was wondering if anyone could give an honest (accurate answer).

Or perhaps people are being honest but they are simply failing to consider the different circumstances of other players. For example I assume there would be a difference in how easy / quick it is to get to the ranks I specified, for these two:

1 - A person plays 30 hours a week, plays on a PvP server, hence picks up prestige as part of their normal play,is in a PvP orientated guild (obviously) that power-levels (I suppose that should be power-ranks) them by farming WF as a group face rolling pugs.

2 - A person that plays 10 hours a week, is primarily a PvE player is in a PvE orientated guild, given their limited time, most is spent on PvE which leaves only a little for WF (which of course they mostly do as pugs or semi-pugs).
    Last edited by Flimble; 10-15-2011 at 08:49 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Flimble View Post
    I ask because in a number of threads, I've seen people make utterly conflicting claims on how long it takes to get to r4 / r6 / r8 in PvP, so was wondering if anyone could give an honest (accurate answer).

Or perhaps people are being honest but they are simply failing to consider the different circumstances of other players. For example I assume there would be a difference in how easy / quick it is to get to the ranks I specified, for these two:

1 - A person plays 30 hours a week, plays on a PvP server, hence picks up prestige as part of their normal play,is in a PvP orientated guild (obviously) that power-levels (I suppose that should be power-ranks) them by farming WF as a group face rolling pugs.

2 - A person that plays 10 hours a week, is primarily a PvE player is in a PvE orientated guild, given their limited time, most is spent on PvE which leaves only a little for WF (which of course they mostly do as pugs or semi-pugs).
    R8 is ~240 hours played. Someone playing ~30 hours a week would make R8 within 2 months. A casual player would do it in 3-4 months. Of coursse, win rate definitely has an effect on the time spent.
    Last edited by Rival12; 10-15-2011 at 09:00 AM.

Ascendant

If you're Guardian on the seastone/sunrest/galena/faeblight battlegroup it takes forever, because the warfronts are hugely lopsided stompfests for the most part. Defiants also tend to run 5-12 more rogues than we do.
    Last edited by Vember; 10-15-2011 at 08:59 AM.

Prophet of Telara

The nr 1 factor is queue times, really. My favor/prestige per hour is much higher than my friend who plays Defiant in the same cluster. 2nd would be win ratio. Which is also bad at the moment for my friend. We both play roughly the same hours a week, he actually plays slightly more, yet I am r8 for a while and he only barely hit r7.
    10+ min queues are also a huge waste of favor/prestige pots.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Qia

Faction:

Guardian Queue time: 2min early hours, 30sec in prime time.

Defiant Queeu time: 10 min early hours, 4min in prime time.

No side has any higher chance to win.

Class:
    Cleric has highest impact on the game. Second is mage, third is rogue, fourth is Warrior.

Playtime:
    If you can "no-life" the weekends when there is PvP bonus you will get a lot more Prestige per hour gain then you would normally. I had no desire to get PvP ranks up in weekdays, due to low gain. I just got ready with consumables for weekends.

Pots:
    Depends on the amount of time you have been subscribed.
    1 month: 10 hours
    3 months: another 10 hours
    6 months: another 10 hours

With pots your prestige increases by a huge margin.
    I got 955k Prestige in 32 Hours played with pots.
    Ip

Quote Originally Posted by Rival12 View Post
    R8 is ~240 hours played. Someone playing ~30 hours a week would make R8 within 2 months. A casual player would do it in 3-4 months. Of coursse, win rate definitely has an effect on the time spent.
    Lies.

I was R6 with 60k to R7 in 10-2-11. I achieved R7 on 10-2-11.

i achieved R8 on 10-3-11.

Veterans favor/prestige pots on escalation weekends = 12k favor / 16k prestige an hour, even more if you're geared and can carry teams.

On my R7 Mage i was getting about 25k favor / 30k prestige an hour, it's so ez.

And going by the above poster, 955k in 32 hours sounds right.

30k prestige an hour x 30 = 900k which I was getting.

30k x 2 hours = 60k

= 32 hours

960k prestige I got in 32 hours vs our friend here who got 955k, I don't know I may have gotten 955k, either way it's true.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 10-15-2011 at 09:28 AM.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    And going by the above poster, 955k in 32 hours sounds right.

30k prestige an hour x 30 = 900k which I was getting.

30k x 2 hours = 60k

= 32 hours

960k prestige I got in 32 hours vs our friend here who got 955k, I don't know I may have gotten 955k, either way it's true.
    955k Prestige: Rank 6 -> Rank 7 -> Rank 8
    Ip

In my case, it took me 2-3 months to level to 50, hit R8 and get all he gear. I was in a PvP guild for most of that.

I think things have changed pretty drastically since my time getting there with the favor/prestige weekends and with vials.

Shield of Telara

On defiant greybriar . . .

I tell people you can expect 8k per hour. Do the math

It all depends on your win/loss ratio in PvP warfronts, and doing the PvP dailys and PvP rifts. Use this to base your own computations upon.

1= Caretakers [45k prestige to R2]
    2= Corporal [90k prestige to R3]
    3= Sergeant [135k prestige to R4]
    4= Lieutenant [225k prestige to R5]
    5= Captain [360k prestige to R6]
    6= Constable [405k prestige to R7]
    7= Major [450k prestige to R8]
    Total = 1,710,000 Prestige

See how much Prestige you average over a week, and divide that by how many days your "week" was composed of. Divide 1,710k prestige by that number to see about how many days it will take you to get to R8. It might take you less time as you start getting better gear. It will take you almost as much additional time (as it took to get from R6 to R8) to go from being fully equipped R6 to fully equipped R8. If you PvP play 4 hours a day nearly every day 7/7 then you should reach R8 within 6 weeks, give or take a week, even if losing most warfronts.
    Last edited by Taptap; 10-15-2011 at 04:35 PM.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

One other thing in addition to my previous post. I recommend banking any +Prestige and +Favor pots, that you get as rewards from your subscription, until you are fully equipped R6. The reason is they will be more valuable to you then because at R6+ you will just naturally be generating more favor (and prestige) in warfronts and your pots will give you a % boost to those figures. Obviously, the more favor (and prestige) you get per warfront then the higher that % return will be. Pots do lower the time it takes to get from R1 to R8 (and to get gear) but should be used wisely and not too soon in the ranking up stages.
    Specter
    R87 Mage - Wolfsbane, Guardian

Ascendant

The first weekend after 1.5 went live I earned 55k prestige in a little over 2 hours. Library can be good prestige if you're winning, especially if it's the bonus warfront, and if you throw 100% prestige and favor pots on top, you can move up the ladder fairly quickly. Based on those numbers, you could get rank 4 in around 10 hours played. Those numbers are not typical, however, as it requires that you a) be winning most/all of your matches during an escalation weekend and b) have nearly instant queues.

On 10 hours/week, if you spend that time doing nothing but running warfronts and waiting on queues to run warfronts, most people could expect to hit rank 4 in 2-3 weeks without too much difficulty unless they play at off hours.

I made this a while back. If anything now mileage should be better because I hit r6 before r7/8 came out, which introduced much greater means of rank progression. As far as my playtime - I really couldn't tell ya as I don't remember how much playing I was doing. I have never considered what my average hours more. I put in a little more time when progress is to be made...I prolly have more than average playtime but I didn't ding ranks near as fast as some more hardcore dedicated players did. I hit rank 8 like a 8 - 13 days I think after some of the most hardcore were beginning to hit it. Ballparking most these numbers though but theres my legit time line. I was also probably on like 3 - 4 different servers for all this progression. I get bored on one server and hop every 7 - 10 days >.<

How long does it take to get to r4 / r6 / r8 in PvP?-ranks.jpg

Stuff gets done during that 3am hour
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-15-2011 at 09:52 PM.

+ Reply to Thread