+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: NB/RS Rogue Spec OP? - Video

Quote Originally Posted by Jerv View Post
    Well, that's your opinion. People taking cheap shots at others without knowing the background can be funny, but mostly it's not that funny to the person in question.

I remember a player on the WoW arena ladder getting a lot of crap about being a keyboardturner. He managed to break 2100 rating on his SP, and there was a whole topic on how bad he was and how he had been carried by his warrior friend. The thread made him quit the game, and one of his guildmates made an answer to the people in the thread. The poor guy was a veteran that had one of his hands blown off, and only partial use of his other hand. And the forumposts made him quit a game he loved. The thread got deleted afterwards by the devs. Some people actually got even worse at making fun of him after the post from his guildmate.
    Now I'm lucky. After my operation I'm most likely going back to normal life. He's not, and getting laughed out of a game is not cool.

Even though a comment might sound like an innocent joke it can hurt some. And I really don't care if you can't stand me for saying so.
    bad example if that guy you mention had a backbone he would have said lol I only have one hand and still beat you.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    I dont wanna call you out as a liar here, i realise that its your friend who gave you the info but its wrong.

On My P7 warrior with all plate P6-7 items and the jewelry in the spec that warrior was using my HP is 6544.
    Your friend needs to look again.

S&B i go to 7.9k
    I think your math is wrong. I don't know that a shield and sword give so much hp(1.4k)
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Quote Originally Posted by PORTERR View Post
    Ohhh my This thread is going to my personal failblog collection

Nothing new to add that probably hasn't been said already but video is most definitely a staged fake to show how rogues deserve a nerf and poor warriors can't faceroll them no more...

P.S. just to let you know that videos like that will never be reviewed by devs only because:
    1. They can't be fair and impartial on both sides (in other words have you must have no interest in nerfing/buffing callings and see things objectively).
    2. Data about players has to be 100% true and proven by solid facts (not words or screenshots taken later on)
    3. Both sides have to be equally skilled and know how to play their calling/spec (this won't be achieved in videos like OP's due to 1.)
    For someone who assumes they know everything, you just proved you actually know nothing. Just quiet down in the cheap seats ok.
    Better to be a live coward, than a dead hero.

~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlebot View Post
    For someone who assumes they know everything, you just proved you actually know nothing. Just quiet down in the cheap seats ok.
    There is nothing constructive in your post, why even bother making one ?

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

I am also trying to get into contact with the warrior so I can get him to do a similar screenshot. Thanks
    That's cool and all, but why not just go find another r8 warrior and frap you rolling them? You're OP after all, so any ol' r8 warrior will do....

Should take all of 5 minutes standing outside Sanctum/Meridian to get a challenger or two or three. Hell, you'll have enough OP ownage for 3 or 4 videos in all likelyhood. THAT would be much harder to refute than one single fight.

Plane Touched

He was hitting you for 400s and 600s the entire time. I get nailed for 1800+ in R2 gear from R8 warriors. You sure this isn't a troll?

Doesn't look like he used CDs either.

Default OMG that spec is so much fun

its not getting nerfed for a while, get over it.

Best thing you can do is play rogue. I've been in several 40 bracket WFs with all rogues, its stupid. Once play on all other classes haults we may see a change . Until then ride the FOTM and enjoy the free easymode favor.

Its realy funny, a guy makes a thread and provides video proof to back up his claims.

Rogues all call BS by saying the guy cant be P8, he is a liar blah blah blah.

A fellow rogue comes on and says this cant be true because i explained the spec to my friend, who says he thinks he uses the same spec but he isnt sure. In the spec that he isnt sure about he has 1k more HP than the guy in the vid. All rogues believe this straight away lmao.

What a bunch of morons.

You are asking for him to now duel a fellow guardian so you have proof he is P8, then what will you say?
    Ill tell you, you will say that P8 was a noob aswell, you will say duel another P8, and another and another, you will say he had his PvP gear and PvE gear hotkeyed and simply pressed that as the duel started.

I see this all the time, its laughable. You guys say screenshot or it didnt happen, guy provides screen shot and you guys say its been photo shopped. A guy provides a vid and this is a set up or the guy isn't P8.
    And all the time you guys are doing 1 million damage in PS with top KB's. You are defending the vault solo, you are running into a bunch of warriors and mages to kill the healer and getting out not only alive but also unscathed.

Do you realy think anyone needs video evidence for this? Its there for anyone who has been in a WF since 1.5 to see.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Maybe when you learn to write English better, you could also learn to be a bit more trusting.

Voila

http://imageshack.us/f/267/20111013182421.jpg/

As for the R8 warrior that is what he told me he was and I have no reason not to believe him. I know he was recently R7 and so is it conceivable in your paranoid mind that he simply hasn't got his R8 weapon yet?
    Hes not even r6.

And when u hit r8 1st thing what u should buy is weapon, if he don't have r8 weapon means he's not r8.

Find guardian r8 warrior and duel with him.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    38vk/28rb spanks 44nb/22rs 1v1. You end up just simply purging/outlasting every single cooldown they have. Cleansing and Purging ticks you 100-150ish heals everytime, Rift Shield every 30 seconds, Rift Surge is your main DPS, and you're still blocking every physical thing they throw at you with 18k armor and proccing trinket. Not to mention that NB's reliably proc Fusion of Flesh for a good amount of healing
    I popped out a NB/RS the first night of 1.5- fought a few Warriors in duels until Shaad pops out that build of yours with the mirror...it worked wonders.

So much so, I've been using another build as my main spec ever since- sure the build has it's use with a reasonably hefty life w/ stable damage...but I don't consider it to be a "dps" threat.
    Last edited by TourneAsunder; 10-14-2011 at 12:10 AM.
    ...You know the way
    It twists and turns,
    Changing colour, Spinning yarns
    You know the way, It leaves you dry
    It cuts you up...And takes you high

Quote Originally Posted by Troponin View Post
    He was hitting you for 400s and 600s the entire time. I get nailed for 1800+ in R2 gear from R8 warriors. You sure this isn't a troll?

With 51 RB with enhanced burst ,Typical crt is about 1.1k~1.4k. That warrior isn't using 51RB.
    That R2 rogue is full valuer gear. I doubt you are.
    And he used 2 CD in the fight : Twlight and Blackout. Also note that he has absorb buff and -6% dmg from RS.
    Last edited by Wawer; 10-14-2011 at 12:25 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Troponin View Post

really, as a R8 warrior with BIS PVP gear (aside from HK relic) I'll call BS to your BS.

What ability hits your for 1800+ (assuming a full valour set and not pve gear) ?
    Last edited by Vaine; 10-14-2011 at 12:58 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

I'm not going to speculate about ranks,your head start, skills usage (looked like he was auto attacking until the end), or gear. But it is obvious you just hate rogues. You've cried about VM, now you're on NB, next it will be assassin. I'm not going to troll your posts but there's probably something in there about stealth, slip away, and riftstalkers in WFS too. Why don't you just admit that you only want rogues to play bard. I have no idea what your main is but each of the other callings have had their day of OPness.

Show some skill by adapting to the state of the ever-changing game and overcome your weaknesses instead of crying about sh*t all the time. It's what rogues had to do for 7 months.

Plane Walker

Just so ya all know, cause people seems to be missing the main point here, the million dollar reason the NB/RS spec wrecks people 1v1 is the ~18 seconds of "lolucanthurtme" from NB.

18 seconds of heavily reduced damage coupled with a 50% heal is gonna make *anything* nasty in 1v1 PvP.

Personally, I think NB could use about one less avoidance/mitigation CD and it would be a world of difference in the perspective of people playing against it. Is it OP? Dunno, don't play the spec, but I've killed plenty of folks who were without too much difficulty...just need to be a tad creative.

But let's face the facts...for 18 seconds out of every 2 minutes the bastards are nasty as all hell...the other minute and 42 seconds they drop faster than a dress on prom night if you know what you're doing. And their damage isn't too spectacular until they've have several GCD's to get things set up.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 24 ... LastLast