+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Whitefall Steppes totally destroyed now.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    So don't let them grab the rock.
    You're definitely over simplifying.

So don't let them grab the rock.
    Easier said than done. When I used to run the stone they needed 3-4 people back there. You NEED at least 2 melee and 1 caster back there.

If you have 1 caster and 1 melee its easy cake. Rift Prison the melee, if he uses break free port away wait til Prison is back up and use it. Hit Cleanse Soul while you are picking up the stone and presto you are immune to the caster and the melee is tied up.

#winning
    <Retired>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ruprect1 View Post
    LAWL!!

Rogues are more than annoying imo. With the sheer numbers of them running MM and spamming fan out, if there are 3 or more of them doing this they can wipe an entire group in 3-4 seconds - That is OP!
    same with 4 warriors aoeing, 4 mages aoeing, 4 cleriks aoeing (and people staying in the aoe to die). So whats your point?

If your point was: AOE Damage and AOE Healing is way to powerfull, then im with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Antigonos View Post
    same with 4 warriors aoeing, 4 mages aoeing, 4 cleriks aoeing (and people staying in the aoe to die). So whats your point?

If your point was: AOE Damage and AOE Healing is way to powerfull, then im with you.
    An AoE applying 50% healing reduction that can be reapplied every second and a healing syphon, who else can do that? I'll give you mages and clerics AoEing (DS and Tyranny) but I never see it happen, maybe 1 or 2 of these in a few WF's. I see multiple rogues in every WF spamming Fan Out. I can't imagine they would do it if it was not OP. If DS and Tyranny spam were OP u would see multiple mages and clerics spamming it in every WF but with no healing debuff associated with those 2 it is easily healed through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Englshredwolf View Post
    thanks point dexter, ill wait for some more comments from other, less rude people.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    Easier said than done. When I used to run the stone they needed 3-4 people back there. You NEED at least 2 melee and 1 caster back there.

If you have 1 caster and 1 melee its easy cake. Rift Prison the melee, if he uses break free port away wait til Prison is back up and use it. Hit Cleanse Soul while you are picking up the stone and presto you are immune to the caster and the melee is tied up.

#winning
    Prison has a lengthy cooldown. He should have backup by then.

Assuming he's bad and can't pressure a Riftstalker that used up a port to blink out. There are limits to where you can port to, and as soon as he sees the port he should be mounting to catch back up and continue pressure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Soulwalker

I agree, OP or not rogues are more or less designed to be annoying to some extent and having this many in every warfront is very 5/6. (sorry, couldn't resist).
    Anyone figured out what the hell this 5/6 is all about yet?

Prison has a lengthy cooldown. He should have backup by then.

Assuming he's bad and can't pressure a Riftstalker that used up a port to blink out. There are limits to where you can port to, and as soon as he sees the port he should be mounting to catch back up and continue pressure.
    30 second CD on Prison. 2 minute CD on Break Free. I was talking in the perspective of me as the running RS.
    <Retired>

Quote Originally Posted by tichai View Post
    Anyone figured out what the hell this 5/6 is all about yet?
    It's a type of sync que PvP exploit. (I'm not going to get into detail or they will close this thread.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Englshredwolf View Post
    thanks point dexter, ill wait for some more comments from other, less rude people.

Soulwalker

It's a type of sync que PvP exploit. (I'm not going to get into detail or they will close this thread.)
    Aah, ok, thanks

Rift Chaser

Runners have always been either a Rogue or healer (preferably a Warden), with the occasional Warrior and rarely a Mage.

The difference now is the spec being used by Rogues has changed slightly not to mention there's a good 10x as many Rogues on the field as there used to be. On Wolfsbane, Whitefall is our best map as Guardians. It's where we win the most, mainly because everyone has more or less the same objectives and thus forces team work unconsciously. (If you haven't been watching my posts, Guardians on Wolfsbane battle group just fail miserably at working together-- to put it simply)

Even with the increase in Rogues, we still win more often than not here simply because the main focus is "Get their rock, protect ours." Fact is, once the rogue has immuned and blinked it's enough to get him to the front of your base but that's as far as it'll take him without the bards in-combat run speed buff. At this point, a smart group will separate him from his healer by putting pressure on their healer(s) and trying to take them down first.

While doing that, the other portion of the group is focusing on the Rogue. There is no way a single healer is going to be able to keep up with the heals on both himself AND the rogue while running. It just can't be done, not for the entire run across anyway. There are three ways you can lose here:

1) The runners team has more than one healer and your DPS is not taking them down while pressuring the runner.

2) Your team is not pressuring the one healer the other team has and is instead either trying to solo a member of the other team, trying to DPS the rogue but not doing very well, or is not even close to where the fight is taking place.

3) Your team is a bunch of uncooperative idiots who let the runner reach the blue orb in the center (which could have been taken away from him by one person simply using a mount to get ahead of him) while options 1 or 2 take place.

If the runner manages to reach the blue orb in the center of the map without being taken down, you've reached the point of no return. You either change your tactics now and stop options 1 or 2 from taking place or it's gg. This is because you have either lost the numbers game and too many members of your team are dead to fight the enemy team or their team has more/better healers than you do in which case you're still going to die.

That's pretty much Whitefall in a nutshell.
    Quote Originally Posted by imBad View Post
    This is not a game with competitive pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ainew View Post
    If you want different tiers for pvp and "competitive" pvp this is the wrong game for you by a long shot.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2