+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 122
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Proof clerics are OP

  1. #1
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default Proof clerics are OP

    http://i.imgur.com/u3Zqf.jpg

    Can run around wiping entire groups of people while keeping themselves healed to full. About as fair and balanced as fox news. Something needs to be done to limit damage done after a heal or limit heals after damage. Something to bring these monsters in line.

    Maybe reduce all healing by 50% so we aren't required to use builds with heal debuffs in pvp thus limiting our soul selections.

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  2. #2
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    http://i.imgur.com/u3Zqf.jpg

    Can run around wiping entire groups of people while keeping themselves healed to full. About as fair and balanced as fox news. Something needs to be done to limit damage done after a heal or limit heals after damage. Something to bring these monsters in line.

    Maybe reduce all healing by 50% so we aren't required to use builds with heal debuffs in pvp thus limiting our soul selections.
    lol at the people standing in the tyrany spam. Is this the best you can come up with? You know your rogue could have 2 shotted that Cabalist. Here's the trick....they have no escape skills worth a damn and they can't really heal.

  3. #3
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IconoSton View Post
    lol at the people standing in the tyrany spam. Is this the best you can come up with? You know your rogue could have 2 shotted that Cabalist. Here's the trick....they have no escape skills worth a damn and they can't really heal.
    no rogue is 2 shotting anything at level 50

    cabalists are 2 shotting raids of r8's....

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  4. #4
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    So, this is a cabalist spamming Tyranny over and over. Lots of AE which would assume the fighting was on the bridge the most. Also, judging by the little DPS meter there, 1300 DPS means all they were doing is spamming Tyranny on the bridge. A smart cabalist would be using sigils more than tyranny spam.

    I don't see a problem with this, as its the other team that shouldn't be grouping up like this. If you're in a group together, I can't blame them for having such high damage and kills. It's a mages and cabalist dream.

    If anything, that cabalist probably did a lot of kill steals when people were low on HP and popped obliterate or tyranny.

    Now as for clerics being OP in general, I laughed. Cabalist is a glass cannon. It doesn't take much to take them out.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker habby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    no rogue is 2 shotting anything at level 50

    cabalists are 2 shotting raids of r8's....
    If Cabalists are 2 shotting r8's, the r8's forgot to put all of their armor on.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,420

    Default

    If they are keeping themselves fully healed, why is their healing received so much higher than their healing done?


    Ohhh I get it. Someone being focused healed is op. Gotcha.

  7. #7
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by habby View Post
    If Cabalists are 2 shotting r8's, the r8's forgot to put all of their armor on.
    not all of us can hit 1 button and keep our hp bard full all game

    Rogues for instance, can't tank 5-6 enemy dps

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker habby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    421

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    not all of us can hit 1 button and keep our hp bard full all game

    Rogues for instance, can't tank 5-6 enemy dps
    Yeah, my 51cabalist/51 warden/51 sentinel/21 templar is an awesome build.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Wutangrza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    So, this is a cabalist spamming Tyranny over and over. Lots of AE which would assume the fighting was on the bridge the most. Also, judging by the little DPS meter there, 1300 DPS means all they were doing is spamming Tyranny on the bridge. A smart cabalist would be using sigils more than tyranny spam.
    You calling me dumb?

    But nah, I use all my abilities, you can see all my sigils are hot keyed and maelstrom and aoe stun sigil are both on CD. And I don't have really any macros (other than having bound fate/shadow's touch on one button, as well as sanction heretic and vex on another, and then I macro both curses to one button, which is sort of bad, but meh, I rarely use the single target one, so doesn't matter that much).

    The OP made me lol though, where is all this healing that I did? Apparently keeping healing spray on yourself is overpowered (the only heal I have in my build, along with healing current).

    FWIW, I fully support reducing the gear disparity between R8 and other ranks. Bad R8's are nasty, good players at R8 are game breaking.
    Last edited by Wutangrza; 10-11-2011 at 07:56 AM.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,744

    Default

    Barely had any healing done compared to healing received...and wow someone in scion had tons of dmg...that never happens especially not when people stand on the bridge and get ae'd to death.

  11. #11
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    You calling me dumb?

    But nah, I use all my abilities, you can see all my sigils are hot keyed and maelstrom and aoe stun sigil are both on CD. And I don't have really any macros (other than having bound fate/shadow's touch on one button, as well as sanction heretic and vex on another, and then I macro both curses to one button, which is sort of bad, but meh, I rarely use the single target one, so doesn't matter that much).

    The OP made me lol though, where is all this healing that I did? Apparently keeping healing spray on yourself is overpowered (the only heal I have in my build, along with healing current).

    FWIW, I fully support reducing the gear disparity between R8 and other ranks. Bad R8's are nasty, good players at R8 are game breaking.
    Sorry if i was insinuating that you are dumb, didn't mean that by any means.

    I have the same layout on my cleric cab for the most part as well. I am assuming you're using the 4 ward/51 cab, rest in the inq tree?
    --BC

  12. #12
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    530

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wutangrza View Post
    You calling me dumb?

    But nah, I use all my abilities, you can see all my sigils are hot keyed and maelstrom and aoe stun sigil are both on CD. And I don't have really any macros (other than having bound fate/shadow's touch on one button, as well as sanction heretic and vex on another, and then I macro both curses to one button, which is sort of bad, but meh, I rarely use the single target one, so doesn't matter that much).

    The OP made me lol though, where is all this healing that I did? Apparently keeping healing spray on yourself is overpowered (the only heal I have in my build, along with healing current).

    FWIW, I fully support reducing the gear disparity between R8 and other ranks. Bad R8's are nasty, good players at R8 are game breaking.
    I was going to guess that you did what our pre-made used to do. Let them cap the bridge and then surround the spawn and blow them up as they rez. It only stops when time runs out or they have all /quit the WF.

    Do I get a cookie? Even a small one?

  13. #13
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    cabalist is op ... we've been saying it for months now.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

  14. #14
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    less than 1 mil dmg is not good in scion

  15. #15
    Plane Touched Wutangrza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Also, clumping is inevitable in Scion, there's really no way to avoid it at the choke points, which good cabs will try and bring the fights to. Moreover, the idea that all I was doing was "kill stealing" when I've done more total damage than the other team combined, and have more killing blows than the entire enemy team has actual kills, I mean give me a break.

    The real fact of the matter is if the fight is at a choke point, a single bound fate or shadow's touch followed by a tyranny is enough damage instantly to pretty much 100-0 low rank players or players with no pvp gear.

    I don't think clerics need a nerf, but if we were retuned a bit I would still do really well in Scion, but what I do think needs to happen is that the gear disparity gap needs to be closed tremendously. Equalizing valor was a good start, but basically Trion needs to make R4 gear more easy to obtain than it already is. IMHO, there should be daily quests to earn R4 pieces, "win a match in scion" should award the R4 chest or something like that. Players with less than R4 are borderline useless in warfronts, which is kind of lame.

    For casual players, the grind from R1 to R4 is way too onerous when they get placed in matches like that, and moreover, it's just no fun.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts