+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: This is the only game I have played where armor means nothing in PvP. Buff Warriors.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Oh. So the physical dps focused warrior builds have a hard time against the physical mitigation warrior builds. But somehow plate armor is useless. I get it...

Or...

?
    It has nothing to do with the armor, those same physical damage warrior builds have even more trouble against CLOTH ARMOR.

Again, it has nothing to with armor on why they suck, and everything to do with their damage getting nerfed to ****.

I was using it an example of them attacking me, and I happen to be a warrior. Rogues, clerics, even mages in cloth armor will still just stand there and laugh, and not even have to try and run away if a champ or para attacks them. I know its easy for you to talk about warriors while actually knowing nothing about them, but you should probably stop.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 10-10-2011 at 01:35 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kakiro View Post
    It has nothing to do with the armor, those same physical damage warrior builds have even more trouble against CLOTH ARMOR.

Again, it has nothing to with armor on why they suck, and everything to do with their damage getting nerfed to ****.

I was using it an example of them attacking me, and I happen to be a warrior. Rogues, clerics, even mages in cloth armor will still just stand there and laugh, and not even have to try and run away if a champ or para attacks them. I know its easy for you to talk about warriors while actually knowing nothing about them, but you should probably stop.
    I well played offensive build warrior can shew my rogue up and spit her out. They just can't drop me in 2 GCDs anymore. You'll forgive me if I'm not lining up on the "make warriors OP again" bandwagon.

Plane Touched

Then your rogue has ****ty gear or a ****ty build. And unless you can show a screenshot of a single warrior killing you in 3 seconds, **** about the 2 GCD thing.
    Last edited by Kakiro; 10-10-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Ascendant

Then your rogue has ****ty gear or a ****ty build. And unless you can show a screenshot of a single warrior killing you in 3 seconds, **** about the 2 GCD thing.
    Or maybe you're just a baddie warrior who hasn't figured out how to use your tools properly yet.

Stacking 3-4 oGCD abilities to front-load burst made it very easy for warriors to flatten me in the span of 2 GCDs. They can't do that anymore. They've haven't lost their dps...they've had their burst toned way down. They've still got all the tools, they just can't stack them all together between GCDs.

Kind of like everyone else...

Rift Chaser

37 (549 blocked) You should try being on the wrong end of that and see how pissed off you get. The magic shield that blocks poison tics!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Thinly veiled whine.....

You realise only one rogue spec bypasses armour by doing non phys damage? And same for warriors? Leaving mages as normal bypassing armour.

warriors are fine. L2P.
    rogues have no armor penetrating skills?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    rogues have no armor penetrating skills?
    Not that removes 70-80% mitigation, no.

welcome to pre1.5 rogue sir

wait until they start typing "Stop that! It tickles! Teeheee" you'll really be having fun then
    Last edited by ShazzamCrucia; 10-10-2011 at 01:54 PM.
    <Bastion>
    Rogue tank

Interesting how the perception of the community shifts when a calling suddenly has to demonstrate some skill to maintain a competitive footing in group PvP, isn't it? To hear warriors talk, they're all pro players who only die to OP builds. Every other calling has had a skill cap and the majority of people you find in a warfront play well below it. But warriors had that OP streak that functionally lowered the skill cap for a while and now that they've got some persistent threats and no one-button macros to deal with it, we're starting to see the QQ emerge.

Good warriors do just fine in warfronts. Bad warriors have had their crutches removed and die just as miserably as anyone else.
    and bad rogues can top warfronts spamming fanout funny how that works

if nerfs and buffs were based on skilled players rogues wouldn't have been buffed much if at all
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 10-10-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Not that removes 70-80% mitigation, no.
    still more than warriors in addition to elemental damage mixed in

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    still more than warriors in addition to elemental damage mixed in
    Yeah if armor actually stacked 1/5th or 1/4th of its armor value to elemental resists then a lot of the "YOU HAVE PLATE" would actually make sense

Oh. So the physical dps focused warrior builds have a hard time against the physical mitigation warrior builds. But somehow plate armor is useless. I get it...

Or...

?
    No, right from the get go, going deep into champion or paragon you take a hard hit to your physical dps. I believe 30-50% depending on the build. Trying to run deep champ or paragon builds is like committing suicide. I agree that rogues needed a buff but to take away so many of our options was just plain wrong, and still they continue to nerf our dps. Our OGCD build when faced with an enemy with no valor could do up to 3.1k damage if all OGCD's were up, but for the most part they were not. Just like any high dps abilities do do such burst damage it required time to prepare, meaning to earn the ability to even use the OGCD abilities you had to dodge or parry an attack, have one of your attacks dodged or parried, have a killing blow under you and have scored a critical hit along with your bash ability up. Even with all of that up it was no were near the dps other callings can do. So many times do I still see myself being hit by mages for 5.8k damage, and though rogues do not hit nowhere near as hard, they do have so many defensive CD abilities to just make the warrior decide to switch a target or sit there and wait. Yes it is true that warriors can kill rogues, but it is also true that warriors have to spec specially for certain rogues in order to do so, otherwise it is a team effort for ONE rogue. Marksmen are not bad a challenge but not OP. NB/RS on the other hand is pretty brutal, but for the most part I cannot blame rogues for going that route, just like warriors we had our time of being feared, just remember though, it will not last forever. You guys should have tried to control the spread of that spec a bit better that way every other rogue in pvp isn't running that spec. As for warriors, I feel your pain, but do not give up hope. Keep fighting and keep adapting to the changes, its rough right now and being that a lot of warriors are leaving or switch classes it puts a heavier burden on use to develope new ways to combat these specs, and to stick together in forums.

Qia

I haven't read the entire thread, because I already know that Physical damage suffers.
    Now I dont really understand the title.

Due to armor, all physical damage is useless.

I do agree though, that it is silly that there is no counter to Magic damage.
    Ip

And my position stands that the "good" warriors have been hopping from OP build to OP build since launch and now that they're suddenly out of OP builds, they aren't transitioning well to life as a mere mortal. Their version of "underpowered" has been most other peoples' version of "good" for some time now.x 'Good' warriors are not struggling to contribute in warfronts these days.
    I wouldn't call myself good, maybe Ok+.

I'm not struggling to contribute in the library or in Scion.

Codex, WF and BG - there's no point.

It's getting to the point everything that can be said about rogue 1.5 issues has been said several times.

They'll be some nerds, likely less because of 50 issues and more because 10-49 is nearly solid yellow now.

And

I agree - having 10k armor should mean more than it does now.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    In most every game I have played rogue classes did more damage then dps specced Warriors. That has been a tried and true model for most RPG games. The problem in Rift is that physical armor means nothing in this game except for PvE. With every attack being elemental in damage platemail means nothing. Rogues should do more damage then Warriors vs cloth for example, the problem is rogues are also doing more damage then warriors vs platemail targets. In other games of this nature, DAOC, WoW, WAR, (hmmm that is just about all of them?!) Warriors would take only a little damage from Rogues because of their platemail, but not in Rift! Why? Why did you make a PvP game where almost all of the damage is elemental in nature and almost none of it physical so that armor means nothing?

In the other PvP RPGs warriors were a natural counter to rogues because rogues had a hard time damaging warriors. Rogues were good at burning down support classes and cloth dps classes, and cloth dps classes would beat Warriors.

In other games:

cloth dps > tanks
    rogues > cloth dps
    tanks > rogues

Right now in Rift:

cloth dps > tanks
    all > tanks
    rogues > all

According to my stats I have 65% physical damage mitigation and 40% player damage mitigation. Sounds pretty impressive on paper but in Rift it means JACK! I got hit by a Rogue finisher for over 2000 damage. I would be ok if it came from a Mage, but not a Rogue. In no other game would a melee dps be hitting for over 1/3 of my life in one hit on Platemail.

I am R6 with all equipment that rank allows.
    Being someone that plays a Mage with 126 total armor and having, at the bare minimum, 3 warriors glued to my azz mashing their ONE macro the entire WF, I can safely say, OP: "You're full of it."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast