+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Take Away Teleport to Target

Default Take Away Teleport to Target

I believe if you take away all the abilities that actually let you teleport to target you will make PvP more balanced. But having the abilities that takes you straight to target is whats making some souls seems so strong. Keep directional teleports but get rid of the ones that put you straight onto to a target (this will also encourage players to use some time of skill).

The ones i can think of atm:

Planar Blade for Warriors.
    The Riftstalker ones for Rogues (i believe there is 2-3)

Change them to direction not straight to target.

Telaran

You should be removed, from the internet

Quote Originally Posted by funkeh View Post
    Don't be afraid about getting the direction right i'm sure with practice even you can do it!

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Don't be afraid about getting the direction right i'm sure with practice even you can do it!
    Ahhh bunzy, one of the most terrible rogues ive had the great pleasure of killing. Stop trying to face tank on mm and move around a bit more and you might do better.

Sounds simple and fair idea.

aux

Teleports should also stun the target for 8 seconds, but only if the target is a rogue.
    I'm so BORED

Telaran

Unless you make it apply only in PvP then no. Making rogue tanks further obsolute doesn't fix your problem. It either needs a different set of rules or something else that won't affect PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by farore View Post
    Unless you make it apply only in PvP then no. Making rogue tanks further obsolute doesn't fix your problem. It either needs a different set of rules or something else that won't affect PvE.
    Well PvP only would you agree?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by funkeh View Post
    I agree
    There's nothing wrong with the way it is now. Seems like you just want ranged classes to win every time.

Get lost scrub.

Ok so from reading these boards recently the list of requested rogue nerfs goes a little like this:

Remove / castrate Fell blades and VM
    Put Eradicate on a timer
    Lower MM AOE damage
    Remove / castrate NB defensive cooldowns
    Lower NB DPS
    Lower Assassin DPS
    Remove Assassin self heal
    Remove slip away
    Add more stealth detection abilities to all classes
    And now we have remove blink to player

I'm probably missing a few, but apparently this will balance Rogues, and let everyone else re enable their "lol stop tickling me" macros.
    Last edited by Lojen; 10-10-2011 at 01:28 AM.

dont' forget lowering cabalist and warlock damage.

Right now it scales ridiculously high.
    Last edited by Vaine; 10-10-2011 at 02:00 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Quote Originally Posted by Lojen View Post
    Ok so from reading these boards recently the list of requested rogue nerfs goes a little like this:

Remove / castrate Fell blades and VM
    Put Eradicate on a timer
    Lower MM AOE damage
    Remove / castrate NB defensive cooldowns
    Lower NB DPS
    Lower Assassin DPS
    Remove Assassin self heal
    Remove slip away
    Add more stealth detection abilities to all classes
    And now we have remove blink to player

I'm probably missing a few, but apparently this will balance Rogues, and let everyone else re enable their "lol stop tickling me" macros.
    Still getting ganged by rogue right?
    Oh the joy!

Shadowlander

I believe if you take away all the abilities that actually let you teleport to target you will make PvP more balanced. But having the abilities that takes you straight to target is whats making some souls seems so strong. Keep directional teleports but get rid of the ones that put you straight onto to a target (this will also encourage players to use some time of skill).

The ones i can think of atm:

Planar Blade for Warriors.
    The Riftstalker ones for Rogues (i believe there is 2-3)

I am afraid I will have to disagree with you. I see the teleporting as something to balance out Kiting from mobile range builds that can easily shoot and scoot. Now mostly this is rogues that suffer from other players having these abilities, as casters for their big spells generally have to stand to cast or channel, so melee would get to them eventually anyhow. However rogues with their minimal impact to their DPS comparatively while moving would really be able to stretch those legs even further with these abilities removed as well.

I do not think this is necessarily the time to bring up nerfing something that would effectively be a ranged rogue buff at this time and expect it to have to much serious consideration. And as much as I agree that rogues can use a nerf at this time I would not single out the ability to move fast and teleport as what needs to be addressed... as rogues can easily viewed as much a scout class as an assassination class, with their lighter armor it is their speed, and burst DPS, allowing them to come in strike a target and get out that should give them their survivability not these absurd AOE debuffs and self heals. I should have to be wary of a rogue coming killing one of my casters or healers and vanishing in to the mist as quickly as he came, just to do it again if we let our guard down, I should not have to watch a guy in leather tanking 5 attackers self healing, debuffing and still manage to throw out enough damage to be cutting them down.

So with this happening in PVP right now I fail to see how "teleporting" with the purpose it serves to help keep a degree of balance to kiting tactics for melee fighters against mobile ranged, would even register on someones radar but to effectively nerf the other classes further on the heels of a already out of hand class enhancement to the very class that would be the greatest beneficiary of this nerf. Yes they are beneficiaries here, even though they have a soul that would be impacted by it. It is not as much of a sacrifice to give up the ability to teleport to something if you have the potential to stealth up to them stun them and cut them down before they can start Kiting you. Another ability by the way that a rogue should have. Though yes, that should not work on warriors but that is because warriors are the rock to the rogue scissors. That is why in theory at least they have the highest physical resists, so even though they do not have the rogues DPS, with warrior mitigation the rogue should want to avoid standing toe to toe with one on one with the warriors lesser but still respectable DPS against their light leather.

So to this suggestion I will have to vote no thanks for my two cents. I would like to see things done that actually do help bring balance to the game not further unchain the class that is already under heavy scrutiny for its current all that and a bag of chips status in certain configurations. Yes your class needed a damage boost to that I agreed beyond whole heardedly, yes my class needed a nerf, to that I agreed as well, No my class was not over nerfed as some claim, I think it is where it should be though I would like to see a little more utility in support abilities for my class but that's probably just me. But don't sit there and add to your Christmas wish list after mom and dad are already ashamed of the sheer number and magnitude of gifts they have already given you, and and are in the process of gathering their receipts for their inevitable walk of shame into toys R us.

In my NB/RS spec nothing can nor will kite me. Its impossible for anything to try and kite me or attempt to run away for i will catch you.

Champion

Give it an 8 second ICD, that way you get to use it twice in 16 seconds, the same number of times as someone can use CC before DR kicks in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast