+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: RIFT Mathematicians FAIL!! Read on..

Default RIFT Mathematicians FAIL!! Read on..

My Specs/Build - 16Necro/35lock/15Arch.
    Hp : 6772
    Mana : 7697
    Sp : 1559 (with Burning Powerstone) <-- which does not matter in this case. I explain later.
    Valor : Max. 1150 Valor

Get you popcorn ready. Mage vs Rogue.

1) Codex. A 1vs1 encounter with a Rogue on the rock as he/she is on stealth. (Pro Rogue to be specific)
    Rogue STUN Mage - Mage Hp dropped to 30% by the time he's out of stun.
    Mage STUN Rogue with Dark Fury at 2.5 secs stun - cast Life Leech - 2 Dots...
    Rogue out of Stun and Finish Mage off for the remaining 30%+ of his hp.

2) Mage respawn.. Go back to the rock.
    Rogue infact camping there waiting.
    Rogue STUN Mage - Mage uses Break Free at 80% hp
    Rogue 2nd Stun Mage - Mage out of stun at 30% hp again.
    Rogue Finish Mage off. The End.

Now my question is..How a mage gonna counter that?? With Full Valor even.
    Are they meant to do that? To drop Mages hp to 30% while they are being stunned?

If so then yea RIFT Mathematicians Fails!! (Trust me i heard this a lot on vent)

This is not a match. This is crap.
    To the Rogue that could kill an r8 Mage with Full valor above.
    Congrats! You had found the Perfect Mmorpg that favors your class 100%.

To the Dev, you could check my account and look at my stats above if im lying.

Tbh i was laughing at it not mad. Seriously its a joke lmao!
    But some things need to be said.
    Last edited by Crazio; 10-09-2011 at 12:30 AM.

Telaran

When a Rogue opens on me, I just fear him, heal back up to full, and then begin my assault. If he escapes the fear I snare him and kite him while attacking him and healing myself.

Do mages not have the ability to crowd control or heal? I'm 100% certain they do. Consider a new spec, or consider not going 1v1 in a 15v15 warfront.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazio View Post
    My Specs/Build - 16Necro/35lock/15Arch.
    Hp : 6772
    Mana : 7697
    Sp : 1559 (with Burning Powerstone) <-- which does not matter in this case. I explain later.
    Valor : Max. 1150 Valor

Get you popcorn ready. Mage vs Rogue.

1) Codex. A 1vs1 encounter with a Rogue on the rock as he/she is on stealth. (Pro Rogue to be specific)
    Rogue STUN Mage - Mage Hp dropped to 30% by the time he's out of stun.
    Mage STUN Rogue with Dark Fury at 2.5 secs stun - cast Life Leech - 2 Dots...
    Rogue out of Stun and Finish Mage off for the remaining 30%+ of his hp.

2) Mage respawn.. Go back to the rock.
    Rogue infact camping there waiting.
    Rogue STUN Mage - Mage uses Break Free at 80% hp
    Rogue 2nd Stun Mage - Mage out of stun at 30% hp again.
    Rogue Finish Mage off. The End.

Now my question is..How a mage gonna counter that?? With Full Valor even.
    Are they meant to do that? To drop Mages hp to 30% while they are being stunned?

If so then yea RIFT Mathematicians Fails!! (Trust me i heard this a lot on vent)

This is not a match. This is crap.
    To the Rogue that could kill an r8 Mage with Full valor above.
    Congrats! You had found the Perfect Mmorpg that favors your class 100%.

To the Dev, you could check my account and look at my stats above if im lying.

Tbh i was laughing at it not mad. Seriously its a joke lmao!
    But some things need to be said.
    I love how people insist that PVP needs to be 100% fair 1 on 1 when it's really a game built to be played with a team. Rogues SHOULD be the strongest 1 on 1 classes. Assassins SHOULD be able to get someone down to 30% in a few seconds. Where were your heals and survival skills? Rogues arent invincible. You need to know how to counter them. He opened in stealth? Why didnt you aoe the area he was in? Pro-tip: AOE hits Rogues out of stealth. And an assassin without a stealth opener is pretty easy to kill.

Suddenly Rogues are not the laughingstock of PVP. They been at the bottom of the barrel for a LONG time now. Pretty much since launch lol. But my whole point is that Rogues are killable, you just cant be a backpedaling baddie when facing them anymore.

Shatterbone ~ 60 ROGUE, 50+ MAGE ~ The Abyss

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Ibil View Post
    When a Rogue opens on me, I just fear him, heal back up to full, and then begin my assault. If he escapes the fear I snare him and kite him while attacking him and healing myself.

Do mages not have the ability to crowd control or heal? I'm 100% certain they do. Consider a new spec, or consider not going 1v1 in a 15v15 warfront.
    Youre running 51 lock for sure.
    Alright isnt Dark Fury a 2.5 secs stun CC?
    The topic here is he Stun and when im out of stun im down to 30% hp.
    Could you use Fear while being stunned? I guess not.
    That why i use Dark Fury when im out of stun but my hp is already at 30%.

I was running Pugs and as we all know Pugs have no co-ordination whatsoever. So everyone is everywhere. I run up the rock cause there are 2 of my teammates at the top blasting they heart off below.
    The rogue came steath from behind. Just as i reach the bottom of the rock.
    Therefore its a 1vs1 situation isnt it?
    But thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Sozu View Post
    I love how people insist that PVP needs to be 100% fair 1 on 1 when it's really a game built to be played with a team. Rogues SHOULD be the strongest 1 on 1 classes. Assassins SHOULD be able to get someone down to 30% in a few seconds. Where were your heals and survival skills? Rogues arent invincible. You need to know how to counter them. He opened in stealth? Why didnt you aoe the area he was in? Pro-tip: AOE hits Rogues out of stealth. And an assassin without a stealth opener is pretty easy to kill.

Suddenly Rogues are not the laughingstock of PVP. They been at the bottom of the barrel for a LONG time now. Pretty much since launch lol. But my whole point is that Rogues are killable, you just cant be a backpedaling baddie when facing them anymore.
    So your implying i should AoE every 5 metre when im walking everywhere in the map?
    I only AoE if i saw a Rogue go on stealth or at flag stand matey.
    Pro-Tip: AoE hits Rogue out of Stealth <-- lol! im r8 pal dont you think i knew that already?
    Last edited by Crazio; 10-09-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Rift Chaser

Prepare for the onslaught of L2P!!!!! or ROGUES ARE FINE or ITS THERE(sic) TURN TO BE OP ; )

Just sayin!

Soulwalker

Default Rock, Paper & Scissors

I Remember the days when it was a Rock Paper Scissors type of thing, Rogues were Caster Killers, Casters were Warrior killers and Warriors were Rogue killers. Made team work a must... ah those were the days

Ascendant

What the OP says is absolutely true. Rogues are stun locking, killing as you come out, no counter. This is not just happening on mages.

I played my rogue tonight, screw playing another class. Oh, and by the way, did fine on my rogue.

Had a great time, was top healing as bard, etc. etc.

Not playing ANY other class until this is fixed.

And don't even say chloro lock's come close to being this OP, I Never have played chloro lock and never will as its FOTM and I try not to do those....but I can get hit by those and make it through etc. Rogues there is NO chance.
    Last edited by rastaah; 10-09-2011 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazio View Post
    What are you doing in a 1v1 encounter anyway? PvP in Rift is about team objectives.

Support your teammates and have them support you. The sum is greater than the parts and PvP in this game is not designed around 1v1 combat, I doubt it's even really considered during development.

Not saying you don't have a point, just I rarely ever see these situations personally. Doesn't mean they don't exist, just they aren't really frequent enough to worry about in most Warfronts.
    Last edited by RangerRob; 10-09-2011 at 03:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRob View Post
    What are you doing in a 1v1 encounter anyway? PvP in Rift is about team objectives.

Support your teammates and have them support you. The sum is greater than the parts and PvP in this game is not designed around 1v1 combat, I doubt it's even really considered during development.

Not saying you don't have a point, just I rarely ever see these situations personally. Doesn't mean they don't exist, just they aren't really frequent enough to worry about in most Warfronts.
    Strange.

No one used the fact that Rift is not based around 1v1 PvP combat to argue against the Pyromancer nerf, yet it is as applicable to that situation as it is to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Debase View Post
    If the only target audience for Rift is disenfranchised WoW players, its doomed imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    No one used the fact that Rift is not based around 1v1 PvP combat to argue against the Pyromancer nerf, yet it is as applicable to that situation as it is to this.
    I guess that I didn't see the thread or else I would've argued exactly the same point there too.
    Last edited by RangerRob; 10-09-2011 at 03:56 AM.

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by Noaani View Post
    Strange.

No, it's not. There was 1 counter to pyromancers in the entire game. SUBDUE Warrior. There was no other counter besides that.

You pretty much required a perfect composition in order to play against Pyromancers. A PERFECT composition of the team.

Chlorodoms dominate dominate Rogues.
    Chlorodom is the best 1vs1 in the game at the moment.

So Mage crying that he has a ****** spec (yes, Soul Purge is a ****** spec) and dies to a better spec while having Break Free on CD. Give me a break...
    Ip

Qia

Quote Originally Posted by RangerRob View Post
    I guess that I didn't see the thread or else I would've argued exactly the same point there too.
    I can sum it up for you.
    Every class besides Pyromancers were crying in 1.1 because Pyromancers were critting for 9k on BiS geared enemies with fulminate.

What they said in return was:

1) Stack resist runes

2) It requires 90 Charge

3) It has 45 sec CD.

Like having 45 sec CD enables a skill to 1 shot every enemy player.
    Ip

Well I'ma Rogue and can't kill crap unless you stand still and eat cookies in front of me.

My MOM is a Rogue and you can kill her...so that's 2 down.

Really guys its not about 1vs1 solely. Its about if you happened to be in that situation somehow.
    Especially in Codex or Scion.
    I prefer to run Premade with my guildies always.
    There's a Huge gap between Premade & Pugs. I know that, so please save the trouble to keep telling me that WFs are not 1vs1.
    What im trying to say is there are no counters to Rogue Stealth -> Stun -> 30% Hp.
    I cant fight back with 30% Hp and the Rogue at 90% Hp.

And please save the trouble to keep telling me things i have already know like CC, Fear and run WFs as as a Team. I gain my r8, Gears and Full 1150 Valor all by doing Premades in WFs & PvP Dailies fyi.

Warriors do the same but at least im at bout 50-60% hp when im out of their stun.
    Which gave me a chance to react. But with these 1.5 Rogues its down to 30% Hp.

Yes im r8, yes im geared, but if its down to 30% Hp by 1-2 stuns(after Break Free) i cant do much.

Rogues are meant to be Kings of 1vs1 yes i agree but if the target have no chance to react that means they are not Kings, They are Gods! (Bet you love these last words ay Rogues)
    Last edited by Crazio; 10-09-2011 at 04:59 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast