+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 135 of 198
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Many rogues agree. They LOL at it.

  1. #121
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Scourge of darkness is the top sustained chip down damage in the game, and then blazing strike is the hardest single hit in the game (up to around 3200 against players).
    Second best would be riftblade, which does around half the damage, lacks the welfare -27% damage taken from passives (42% against fire and death), none of the tank cooldowns, etc.

    Could you share the godmode build you have that makes nightblade seem "average"? Thank you.
    Show me a combat lov of a 3200 blazing strike..... I wont hold my breath because with 30% valor has stopped that a long timd ago...heck my valor reduction is 42% now.

  2. #122
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Stealth is a gap closer. That is all. Warriors are not lacking for gap closers. If you think otherwise, you're misinformed and should probably take the schooling or spend some time on a 50 rogue of your own and learn first hand.
    Again you are resorting to personal insults and ignoring my points. Please refer to my point on escape abilities and the difference between a gap closer where one remains hidden and able to pick and choose targets and the other where one flys 20 feet through the air or poofs next to someone in the front line are fundamentally different
    Last edited by Ranik; 10-09-2011 at 05:06 PM.

  3. #123
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    I find that the 44 nb cooldown isnt better then all the damage reduction stuff from nb.
    No need for blackout at all. Cleanse soul functions very nearly as well as an invincibility cooldown.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...goss.VckMhR.xx
    Lingering flame is not needed at all in pvp, improved twilight force is a waste with all the blinks and DR, melted skin doesn't need 2 points in it.
    Rift guard is a waste of time. Exceptional Resilience is better than Great fortitude even with the TT heal accounted for.
    I personally go up the other side of infil to 10 because it very nearly makes you immune to cab/lock damage passively combined with everything else, but this is the faceroll op cookie cutter.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 10-09-2011 at 05:09 PM.

  4. #124
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Scourge of darkness is the top sustained chip down damage in the game, and then blazing strike is the hardest single hit in the game (up to around 3200 against players).
    Second best would be riftblade, which does around half the damage, lacks the welfare -27% damage taken from passives (42% against fire and death), none of the tank cooldowns, etc.

    Could you share the godmode build you have that makes nightblade seem "average"? Thank you.
    Scourge of Darkness is a 30 second CD. I've parsed my WFs and this isn't near the top of my sustained damage. I'll parse tonight's Warfronts and even display to you that.

    Blazing Strike/Flame Thrust have only crit that high for me on targets with literally no valor. The average non crit hit I see is from the range of 900-1100. When the target is below 30% HP, and I have all my buffs up I've hit full valor targets for 2K. But that is only when I have ALL OF MY BUFFS up.

    Other than that the spammable attacks, that being Fiery Spike, and Primal Strike put out average numbers. Your knowledge of rogues is lacking once again from you stating that Blazing Strike is the hardest hitting finisher in the game. There are a few other finishers that clearly hit harder than that. Weren't you one of the people that complained about Deadeye Shot critting people for like 10K?

    Please show some numbers before you come in here and attempt to argue. I would love to see this 3K hit on a full rank 8 target, and I'm betting every other rogue in this game would too.
    <Retired>

  5. #125
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    No need for blackout at all. Cleanse soul functions very nearly as well as an invincibility cooldown.
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1M...goss.VckMhR.xx
    Lingering flame is not needed at all in pvp, improved twilight force is a waste with all the blinks and DR, melted skin doesn't need 2 points in it.
    Rift guard is a waste of time. Exceptional Resilience is better than Great fortitude even with the TT heal accounted for.
    I personally go up the other side of infil to 10, but this is the faceroll op cookie cutter.
    Funny how I beat that spec in my 44/22 nb/rs spec. Guess it's not that faceroll after all.

    LoL @ not taking Primal Death.

    LoL @ Wtf is the point of taking Eventide if you're not taking Imp Twilight Force? If you're using Dusk Strike you're better off popping Ebon Fury.

    Bad spec is bad.

    - Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 10-09-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  6. #126
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Funny how I beat that spec in my 44/22 nb/rs spec. Guess it's not that faceroll after all.

    LoL @ not taking Primal Death.

    - Vybz
    Wow, you're really sad. I solo'd Akylios. I can beat trash players without valor gear on (and even great players a lot of the time thanks to 1.5 lolmode)? What's your point?

    - Gratefully not Vybz
    Last edited by Valanceer; 10-09-2011 at 05:15 PM.

  7. #127
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Wow, you're really sad. I solo'd Akylios.

    - Gratefully not Vybz
    Go learn how to play a Rogue. Stop posting garbage specs and expecting people to take your seriously. Stop making fun of other people's specs and READ what the talents you're choosing are doing, especially if you're taking a talent like Eventide, which is garbage in and of itself, and not taking Twilight Force to go along with it.

    Bad spec is bad. Bad Rogue is worse.

    Door ------>

    - Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 10-09-2011 at 05:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  8. #128
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Go learn how to play a Rogue. Stop posting garbage specs and expecting people to take your seriously. Stop making fun of other people's specs and READ what the talents you're choosing are doing, especially if you're taking a talent like Eventide, which is garbage in and of itself, and not taking Twilight Force to go along with it.

    Bad spec is bad. Bad Rogue is worse.

    - Vybz
    k, enjoy doing less damage and being less survivable because you're a prick and you can't put your old granny glasses on to notice the point in twilight force.
    I would continue on about how sad you are, but you're P3 and you don't even PvP (except on the forums) so forget it. You can show that off yourself.

    - Praise Jesus, i'm still not Vybz
    Last edited by Valanceer; 10-09-2011 at 05:21 PM.

  9. #129
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    k, enjoy doing less damage and being less survivable because you're a prick and you can't put your old granny glasses on to notice the point in twilight force.
    I'll troll you all day. The whole point of Twilight Force is the imp version for the snare. Other than that you're better of spamming Fiery Spike.

    Next: If only Penetrating Strikes worked with Fiery Spike. Of the two attacks it does work with, Primal Strike and Blazing Strike, you didn't even take the improved version of Primal Strike.

    Go away. You're bad. Don't come to the forums spouting your nonsense about garbage specs you found on the Rogue forums while making fun of other Rogues for using REAL specs that work in practice.

    Keep getting laughed at.

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  10. #130
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    k, enjoy doing less damage and being less survivable because you're a prick and you can't put your old granny glasses on to notice the point in twilight force.
    I would continue on about how sad you are, but you're P3 and you don't even PvP (except on the forums) so forget it. You can show that off yourself.

    - Praise Jesus, i'm still not Vybz
    Let this be the one and only day I will probably ever back up Vybz, but holy crap man what are you doing with that spec? You are in melee range FFS why not take Primal Strike? What is the point of having 1 point in Twilight Force, the slow is your ONLY real CC in that spec.

    You really play a rogue? This whole time I thought you were a warrior or a mage with all of your horrible assumptions and arguments.
    <Retired>

  11. #131
    RIFT Guide Writer Zyzyx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    5,040

    Default

    hey guys, twilight force is a dps upgrade over primal strike... go back to bickering ,but keep this fact in mind it hits as hard as dusk strike

    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

  12. #132
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    hey guys, twilight force is a dps upgrade over primal strike... go back to bickering ,but keep this fact in mind it hits as hard as dusk strike
    Be that as it may, if only you could spam it without Ebon Fury. I'd rather spam Dusk Strike with Ebon Fury up than Twilight Force. Seeing it crit for 1k every now and again is nice though.

    - Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

  13. #133
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    614

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    I'll troll you all day. The whole point of Twilight Force is the imp version for the snare. Other than that you're better of spamming Fiery Spike.

    Next: If only Penetrating Strikes worked with Fiery Spike. Of the two attacks it does work with, Primal Strike and Blazing Strike, you didn't even take the improved version of Primal Strike.

    Go away. You're bad. Don't come to the forums spouting your nonsense about garbage specs you found on the Rogue forums while making fun of other Rogues for using REAL specs that work in practice.

    Keep getting laughed at.

    - Vybz
    Penetrating strikes doesn't work with either of them. Go away. Have fun trying to use primal strike for damage and wondering why you aren't gibbing people with massive op burst like everyone else.

    - Making fun of this sad dude who puts his name at the end of posts.
    Last edited by Valanceer; 10-09-2011 at 05:38 PM.

  14. #134
    Champion
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    500

    Default

    No class makes me want to smash the screen like rogues...

    ...slip away... fast running... knockbacks... ranged damage.... self healing... bleeds...

  15. #135
    Ascendant Nightwish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,113

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Valanceer View Post
    Penetrating strikes doesn't work with either of them.
    What it doesn't work with the melee attacks of NB? Damn I guess I don't know my class.

    On another note, if it doesn't work with any of those attacks why are you taking it again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fafryd View Post
    No class makes me want to smash the screen like rogues...

    ...slip away... fast running... knockbacks... ranged damage.... self healing... bleeds...
    Good thing we can't get all of those in one build. I know right, the evade and escape class doing what it was meant to do.

    I know right, must really suck for us to have a Soul that revolves around that Bow/Gun we carry.

    :: casts his line and waits for a bite ::

    - Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 10-09-2011 at 05:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts