+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Many rogues agree. They LOL at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ranik View Post
    I wonder why you are using terrible arguments like drawing up past balance issues when the question at hand is the obvious overbuff of Rogues who feel so VERY VERY entitled to their month of OPness at the expense of everyone else

- Ranik the illustrious anti-Bad
    I wonder why other classes were defending the ability to one shot people in equal gear... I wonder....

I'm only bringing up the past because I'm glad they buffed those other guys first. They learned what not to do with us.

Good thing those of us that stuck it out, as Rogues, actually learned to play out class. Even when we were attacking with sporks. Now they gave us knives.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Just because it's not what it once was doesn't mean you no longer have it. If you guys would stop being such sissies about dying and actually build for damage output instead of all-things Touch of Life you'd realize that.
    Only class without form of self heal actually trying to take one of the few heals they have. (Time for caps lock) GEE I WONDER IF THIS IS TELLING OF THE STATE OF PVP.

Quote Originally Posted by BadMcApologist
    I wonder why other classes were defending the ability to one shot people in equal gear... I wonder....

I'm only bringing up the past because I'm glad they buffed those other guys first. They learned what not to do with us.

Good thing those of us that stuck it out, as Rogues, actually learned to play out class. Even when we were attacking with sporks. Now they gave us knives.

- Vybz
    I wonder why three of the four callings are calling bull on rogue changes..... wait nope LADEDADEDA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.......
    Last edited by Ranik; 10-09-2011 at 02:34 PM.

Only class without form of self heal actually trying to take one of the few heals they have. (Time for caps lock) GEE I WONDER IF THIS IS TELLING OF THE STATE OF PVP.
    Must be funny to not realize that there's a trinket that allows for heals on blocks. Imagine that. Self heals for blocking DoTs/Bleeds.

I wonder why three of the four callings are calling bull on rogue changes..... wait nope LADEDADEDA I CAN'T HEAR YOU.......
    Hey remember when you were easily facerolling Rank 8 Rogues? We do.

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 10-09-2011 at 02:35 PM.
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Ascendant

I'm not trying to take anything. I'm saying almost every warrior I see in warfronts these days is built to tank. They can't load up up to 4 oGCD attacks on their opener anymore so rather than adapting to how to fight without the OP like us mere mortals, they all go tank builds and cry they have no burst. No ****, sherlock. You're built for survivability. Build for offense. I've seen some warriors with champ/para/RB builds lately and they're extremely potent. But if you don't build for it, you can't have it. I even saw...believe it or not...a Titan's Strike in a warfront the other day. You remember Titan's Strike, don't you?

[quote]I wonder why three of the four callings are calling bull on rogue changes..... wait nope LADEDADEDA I CAN'T HEAR YOU....... [/quote[]

They're not, actually. Only the bads in those callings are complaining about rogue changes. For the amount we got buffed, nobody is really complaining about rogue damage in any significant numbers.

I'll tell you something, and you can argue it if you want but you can't really afford to overlook this little tidbit of wisdom: a patch goes live and for the first two weeks, EVERYONE QQs because they take a long time to adapt. We've barely seen any QQ about rogue damage...it's all been about VM spam. Now rogues are...*gasp*...actually getting the occasional complaint about their damage just like everyone else which hints very strongly at....

......balance.

There's no massive outcry about rogue damage, just like there's no real massive outcry about damage from anyone else. You get one guy who has a bad run and gets blown up and they post a thread about so-and-so being OP and people argue back and forth and the thread dies. When something is OP, you get thread after thread after thread day after day complaining about the exact same thing and right now, it's not happening with rogues. We get threads complaining about VM. We get threads complaining about baddie FotM rogue players making life rough in warfronts. We aren't getting chained threads about rogue damage.

So tell yourself what you need to...if you think rogues are in any way headed for any kind of significant nerf, you might be in for a long wait.
    Last edited by Licentia; 10-09-2011 at 02:41 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Must be funny to not realize that there's a trinket that allows for heals on blocks. Imagine that. Self heals for blocking DoTs/Bleeds.

- Vybz
    Oh look this is me not caring as i'm forced to play SnB to heal (SOMETIMES) or invest 16 points deep in Vindicator to block without a shield and lose what little DPS I have.

This is me laughing at you as you use the same tired arguments over and over again

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia
    I'm not trying to take anything. I'm saying almost every warrior I see in warfronts these days is built to tank. They can't load up up to 4 oGCD attacks on their opener anymore so rather than adapting to how to fight without the OP like us mere mortals, they all go tank builds and cry they have no burst. No ****, sherlock. You're built for survivability. Build for offense. I've seen some warriors with champ/para/RB builds lately and they're extremely potent. But if you don't build for it, you can't have it. I even saw...believe it or not...a Titan's Strike in a warfront the other day. You remember Titan's Strike, don't you?
    Is it not at all telling that most warriors are now tanks following a warrior burst nerf? Or Riftblade? Or that mages/clerics/(notbad) rogues are also saying that the rogue changes were a bit much? etc etc Keep defending the narrowing of Warrior PVP options and the vast broadening of Rogue choices no matter the skill. Just keep it up
    Last edited by Ranik; 10-09-2011 at 02:43 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Just because it's not what it once was doesn't mean you no longer have it. If you guys would stop being such sissies about dying and actually build for damage output instead of all-things Touch of Life you'd realize that.
    But don't you know? Delaying my death once every ten minutes so I can feel good about myself for killing someone after blowing a huge cooldown is TOTALLY worth giving up all those points in far more useful trees!

Seriously, Rift PvP would be so much better if the Metagame would evolve away from people being afraid to die in a game that has no death penalty. Every time I see a team hanging around on their spawn ledge in Black Garden it infuriates me -- Nothing happens when you die, idiots, so get down there and fight! But no, they'd rather sit up there and preserve a K : D ratio which means absolutely nothing in this game, and so PvP meta continues to be horrible.
    Last edited by Isila; 10-09-2011 at 02:39 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

- Vybz
    Facerolling good Rank 8 rogues, or facerolling you?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    But don't you know? Delaying my death once every ten minutes so I can feel good about myself for killing someone after blowing a huge cooldown is TOTALLY worth giving up all those points in far more useful trees!

Seriously, Rift PvP would be so much better if the Metagame would evolve away from people being afraid to die in a game that has no death penalty. Every time I see a team hanging around on their spawn ledge in Black Garden it infuriates me -- Nothing happens when you die, idiots, so get down there and fight! But no, they'd rather sit up there and preserve a K : D ratio which means absolutely nothing in this game, and so PvP meta continues to be horrible.
    I think you missed the point of people not wanting to jumped down into carnage. Pretty sure not everyone is a masochist. While there is no harm in dying, there is no gain in repeatably dying. Waiting is less work than jumping down, dying and then waiting to respawn.

Oh look this is me not caring as i'm forced to play SnB to heal (SOMETIMES) or invest 16 points deep in Vindicator to block without a shield and lose what little DPS I have.

This is me laughing at you as you use the same tired arguments over and over again
    Rogue finally kills Warrior. Warrior comes to forums and cries. Rogue dances in stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    Facerolling good Rank 8 rogues, or facerolling you?
    No matter how good a Rogue was, he wasn't as good as a bad playing the other 3 callings.

I know I know, I'm garbage. You've all killed me lots of times in every Warfront I've ever been in.

I'm such a baddie. Good thing Trion gave me this awesome handout that plays the game for me.

- Vybz

Id be happy if they just made premades vs premades :P

Rogues are not "OP", it just means you can't ignore them and laugh in chat about how crap they are anymore.

And if your marksman is just using fan out, then they are not really contributing much (the dmg it does is not exactly staggering, and if you focus a rogue they can have VE on 20 people its not going to help).
    Infanta
    Hello Kitty
    60 rogue, mage, cleric and working on a worrior

Plane Walker

Rogue finally kills Warrior. Warrior comes to forums and cries. Rogue dances in stealth.

No matter how good a Rogue was, he wasn't as good as a bad playing the other 3 callings.

I know I know, I'm garbage. You've all killed me lots of times in every Warfront I've ever been in.

I'm such a baddie. Good thing Trion gave me this awesome handout that plays the game for me.

- Vybz
    Rogue uses common sense...... It's not at all effective

Ascendant

Is it not at all telling that most warriors are now tanks following a warrior burst nerf? Or Riftblade? Or that mages/clerics/(notbad) rogues are also saying that the rogue changes were a bit much? etc etc Keep defending the narrowing of Warrior PVP options and the vast broadening of Rogue choices no matter the skill. Just keep it up
    It's telling, yes. It's telling that they're not adapting after the nerfs. It's telling that they'd rather gimp their offense than die like everyone else. How many players got thumped in the span of 2-3 GCDs by warriors front loading burst, but a warrior dies in 6-8 seconds and all of a sudden their only 'viable' build is a tank build because dying so fast is just not acceptable. You could dish it, but you can't take it.

You don't seem willing to accept the fact that there should never have been a time when you could charge into a crowd and hope to survive. There should never have been a time where you and a pocket healer could decimate an entire team. There should never have been a time that you could chain from one target to the next to the next mashing one hotkey to kill player after player. So now you have to deal with the same things everyone else has had to deal with and your response is to turtle. Go tank and then complain about offense. Because it was okay to chain KBs with a pocket healer but dying...really...dying? WTF is that?

- Vybz
    Rank 8 rogues may have lost some 1 on 1 battles, but they weren't getting facerolled by bads. You don't speak for all rogues - stop trying.

Rogue uses common sense...... It's not at all effective
    Rogue watches as Warrior cries.

Tear of unfathomable sadness. Mmmm yummy you guys. Yummy!

Quote Originally Posted by Healsabub View Post
    Rank 8 rogues may have lost some 1 on 1 battles, but they weren't getting facerolled by bads. You don't speak for all rogues - stop trying.
    Actually, I do. As that was the going consensus. If not, why would the class get buffed? Logic is hard.

:: Goes back to watching "Five Deadly Vemons" ::

- Vybz
    Last edited by Nightwish; 10-09-2011 at 02:51 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by imBad View Post
    I think you missed the point of people not wanting to jumped down into carnage. Pretty sure not everyone is a masochist. While there is no harm in dying, there is no gain in repeatably dying. Waiting is less work than jumping down, dying and then waiting to respawn.
    There are ways down off the ledge that allow you to flank the enemy team if you want to. What really pisses me off in BG is when I HAVE to flank because I can't get anywhere near our ledge or I'll get popped out of stealth by all the AoE being thrown up at my teammates who refuse to do anything but stand there and eat it. If you go to either side of your rez platform, you can get to pretty much anywhere you want in the entire map without going near the farm crew in the middle.
    Last edited by Licentia; 10-09-2011 at 02:51 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast