+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: TRION PUT A COOLDOWN ON ERADICATE! 0.o

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Sure at 44 points no problem

See Trion we have the support of the rogues - please make this sweeping change so that everyone 44+ points into a DPS tree can spam a 1.0 sec GCD 2 spell purge.

Plane Walker

I use eradicate only when I feel like sharing KB's with my team, which is extremely rare. Eradicate is the least of your worries from a skilled MM.

So they can macro it?
    Ntnx

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meowshwitz View Post
    See Trion we have the support of the rogues - please make this sweeping change so that everyone 44+ points into a DPS tree can spam a 1.0 sec GCD 2 spell purge.
    Because then perhaps you'll learn its a complete non issue.

Rift Chaser

So, you've got one person that is doing nothing but spending 100% of their time to debuff you, which means you are going to need at *least* one other person to coordinate with that person to try and kill you, but this is imbalanced.

You're going to see a lot more eradicate in PvP now, as 44 marks/22 Assassin is a very very good PvP spec. If someone is dedicating 100% uptime to keep you debuffed, and thereby doing no DPS whatsoever, I'd say that's a pretty fair trade team/balance wise.

There has to be *some* kind of counter to multiple hotting healers in WFs. If you have no eradicate, teams become literally unkillable with 3+ aoe healing and hots going.

Ahhhh....still remember those clerics pre 1.5 that would just stand there while I was trying to DPS them and say things like /say Are you actually hitting me?

Can you tell I'm hitting you yet?
    Last edited by Ultrazen; 10-06-2011 at 03:28 PM.

Rift Chaser

On a side note, thank god more mages aren't smart enough to spec this.

**Your Cleansing Flames spell removes 1 buff from up to 10 enemies within the targeted area. **
    Last edited by Ultrazen; 10-06-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    So, you've got one person that is doing nothing but spending 100% of their time to debuff you, which means you are going to need at *least* one other person to coordinate with that person to try and kill you, but this is imbalanced.

You're going to see a lot more eradicate in PvP now, as 44 marks/22 Assassin is a very very good PvP spec. If someone is dedicating 100% uptime to keep you debuffed, and thereby doing no DPS whatsoever, I'd say that's a pretty fair trade team/balance wise.

There has to be *some* kind of counter to multiple hotting healers in WFs. If you have no eradicate, teams become literally unkillable with 3+ aoe healing and hots going.

Ahhhh....still remember those clerics pre 1.5 that would just stand there while I was trying to DPS them and say things like /say Are you actually hitting me?

Can you tell I'm hitting you yet?
    And that's why I've said healing isn't what needs to be fixed. Wardens are what needs to be fixed. They are the only healers that are capable of tanking 3+ equally geared players.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultrazen View Post
    On a side note, thank god more mages aren't smart enough to spec this.

**Your Cleansing Flames spell removes 1 buff from up to 10 enemies within the targeted area. **
    Lol, or Clerics with this:

"Sigil of Woe: Remove 1 buff from ten enemies within 7 meters."
    Someone feeling wronged is like someone feeling thirsty. Donít tell them they arenít. Sit with them and have a drink.

Just my two cents, I'll live with losing eradicate when Wardens lose Healing Spray, Soothing Stream, and all instant cast shields in the game become non-instant and interuptable. As it is now, the plethora of instant cast HoTs, Shields and other insanely powerful defensive spells that can't be stopped with an interrupt are only counterable with a purge that can be cast just as quickly. Both use a GCD and the fight is Reset to prior to the casting of either. You didn't get a heal from that GCD, I didn't get to do damage from mine. Problem solved.
    Someone feeling wronged is like someone feeling thirsty. Donít tell them they arenít. Sit with them and have a drink.

Shadowlander

I would like to pose a question, to all those stating that people have to spend 44pt's to get Eradicate

Isn't the FOTM Rogue Spec atm 51MM/ 15 Something ?

Just a question..

I personally don't see eradicate used enough in my WF's for it to warrant being an issue... and considering i only have 3 buffs, and even if they're removed .. my gameplay doesn't change all that much .. It's definitely a non-issue to me anyway..
    In a world without fences and walls, who needs Gates and Windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Finis View Post
    Just my two cents, I'll live with losing eradicate when Wardens lose Healing Spray, Soothing Stream, and all instant cast shields in the game become non-instant and interuptable. As it is now, the plethora of instant cast HoTs, Shields and other insanely powerful defensive spells that can't be stopped with an interrupt are only counterable with a purge that can be cast just as quickly. Both use a GCD and the fight is Reset to prior to the casting of either. You didn't get a heal from that GCD, I didn't get to do damage from mine. Problem solved.
    You realise that these same skills keep you alive too. so you'll die super-duper quick.

Not having instant casts for healers means we cant react, which means we cant pvp.
    instead we have to quess who you're going to hit, start casting in order to save this persons life, hope we dont get interrupted, silenced or whatever. And then hope we dont over heal you.

People have this mind set that healing shouldnt be able to keep someone up. and you cant IF they are being focus fired. if they are just milling around, of course you can.

anyway, this argument is as old as the hills and rather boring,

Anlyon Cleric Deepstrike
    Death pays all debts

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by rumcokeandshots View Post
    I dont mind the buffs giving to rogues they needed something done about the low damage its good to see rogues on par with other classes, its good to see it evening out.Take note the thing that is seperating rogues from every other class and the 1 spell that makes a rogue better than any other class atm and has been that way pre 1.5 is eradicate.Why do they get an ability to spam on anyone or anything that takes 2 buffs away from there target at a constant rate as a healer i find it ******** im full p8 play the pvp side of the game on a daily basis and thats the only thing of any class spec that is overpowered, warden or purifier have no place in the game against such a move they can spam it faster than you can lay hots on. Im asking is for that to be given a 10 second cooldown or something like every other class. If it remains the same way no one will want to play a healer for pvp .
    AWWWWWWWWWWWWWW poor rumcokeandshots cant train 5 ppl anymore...cry more scrub..

Quote Originally Posted by Finis View Post
    So you want the hot soul to lose its hots and the bubbles class to lose its bubbles.

Makes sense.

Just an fyi, i dont know of many shields that do not come with a CD, outside the rogue class, which requires 5 points to be effective.

My point was, exactly that. I don't want either of those souls to lose those things. But I also don't want them to be uncounterable either. And for the record, I have a rank 4 cleric, I just haven't played her in about 2 months. I know how hard it is to heal in Warfronts (which is why I hated doing it.) It's also a thankless, bitter job; since if you lose the WF, most people think it's because not enough heals/heals sucked, or because the DPSers feel they are gods.

Purging is the counter to HoTs being Godly. They are not Godly, since many souls can purge them. Because many souls can purge them, in a vareity of ways (Either AOE purges from mages/clerics, or single target purges from ... everyone I think...) HoTs and shields should stay how they are.

I'm agreeing with you, those things are valuable and necessary in combat. But it sounds like you don't agree they should have equal counters?

Purging hasnt been doing the trick to counter hots as of yet to any healing with half a mind. So i dont think its working as intended if thats its purpose.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast