+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: The State of Rogues in PvP from the Perspective of a Warrior

Telaran

Default The State of Rogues in PvP from the Perspective of a Warrior

Gentlemen.

After avoiding PvP for a bit after the patch to see how things pan out I decided to jump back into things starting with the new awesome Library warfront. After doing so, and then jumping around the other warfronts after I have came to the following conclusion.

Warrior is still fine, yes - you're better off playing S&B Riftblade. Spec it, grab the healing block trinket and go smash all those silly MM rogues. It really isn't hard, Rift Surge is your friend.

The new rogues are also fine. Bad MMs will stand there while you wreck their face, good ones will try to escape but they aren't immortal like everyone is acting, even melee rogues. Yes they have some defensive cooldowns. Survive while they are up and then they go right back to being squishy. They pop on you from stealth as a warrior? Use Riftwalk defensively on another target to get breathing room and toss out a snare.

We might find some problems with the healing siphons if the amount of rogues decreases. Right now everyone is overwriting each other's debuffs. When one can get the debuff up on a few choice targets then the healing does reach a level of absurdity, but I only saw that happen a few times over all of the warfronts that I did.

The only problem that I have seen from all the MM rogues really is that Fan Out and Lightning Fury are powerful enough on their own to warrant just spamming it. It also has a tendency to ignore line of sight if they are targeting someone that is in line of sight next to someone that is not. They really need to make it worth it to use more single target abilities to facilitate this. Right now you can have 5-6 MMs creating a death zone for anyone not receiving active healing when you have warfront objectives where everyone is grouped up.

I'm a warrior and I still blow people up. Is it harder? Yes. Do you have to plan things out more? Of course! The current state of things is nowhere near as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
    Formerly: Nanase - Rawrior | Camilah - Rogue | Krystie - Cleric | Myuria - Mage

Telaran

Always good to see that all the warriors aren't bad and QQ'n
    Jeezy likes to drink, Jeezy likes to smoke; Jeezy likes to gank p8 clerics in their throat.

Quote Originally Posted by trine351 View Post
    Gentlemen.

You do know that women pvp too right?

Right?

Obviously not ^.^

Cool, so ditch the 2hander,

grind water raid rifts for a broken trinket

Spec into one of the most boring pvp specs warriors have, and we will be fine.

Gotcha!

Warriors actually have to put effort into killing someone now. This is a good change for the warrior community. Glad to see someone recognizes that.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    You do know that women pvp too right?

Right?

Obviously not ^.^
    The person that I PvP with almost all of the time is a woman. Didn't really mean to offend anyone in that way, sorry.
    Last edited by trine351; 10-05-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Cool, so ditch the 2hander,

grind water raid rifts for a broken trinket

Spec into one of the most boring pvp specs warriors have, and we will be fine.

Gotcha!
    Nowhere in the post did I say that we SHOULD be forced to run S&B specs, I'm just saying that if you're running something along those lines it isn't that bad now.

Hopefully they will make physical damage and in turn, combat with 2HDs better at some point here in the future.

Nowhere in the post did I say that we SHOULD be forced to run S&B specs, I'm just saying that if you're running something along those lines it isn't that bad now.

Hopefully they will make physical damage and in turn, combat with 2HDs better at some point here in the future.
    Or put resists on PvP so non-physical damage gets mitigated twice like physical damage does now.
    Even free cost too much now

Ascendant

Glad you decided to add this to your post. Next time do so, instead of making a bad thread op.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Ascendant

Also mm is not rogues only spec. Way to generalize.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Telaran

even melee rogues. Yes they have some defensive cooldowns. Survive while they are up and then they go right back to being squishy. They pop on you from stealth as a warrior? Use Riftwalk defensively on another target to get breathing room and toss out a snare.
    How about those melee MMs? I hear they are the new wtf OP spec!
    Last edited by trine351; 10-05-2011 at 09:06 AM.

Can we form a Rogue-Warrior alliance and just kill Clerics over and over?
    ~Quiescent

Telaran

Gentlemen.

After avoiding PvP for a bit after the patch to see how things pan out I decided to jump back into things starting with the new awesome Library warfront. After doing so, and then jumping around the other warfronts after I have came to the following conclusion.

Warrior is still fine, yes - you're better off playing S&B Riftblade. Spec it, grab the healing block trinket and go smash all those silly MM rogues. It really isn't hard, Rift Surge is your friend.

The new rogues are also fine. Bad MMs will stand there while you wreck their face, good ones will try to escape but they aren't immortal like everyone is acting, even melee rogues. Yes they have some defensive cooldowns. Survive while they are up and then they go right back to being squishy. They pop on you from stealth as a warrior? Use Riftwalk defensively on another target to get breathing room and toss out a snare.

We might find some problems with the healing siphons if the amount of rogues decreases. Right now everyone is overwriting each other's debuffs. When one can get the debuff up on a few choice targets then the healing does reach a level of absurdity, but I only saw that happen a few times over all of the warfronts that I did.

The only problem that I have seen from all the MM rogues really is that Fan Out and Lightning Fury are powerful enough on their own to warrant just spamming it. It also has a tendency to ignore line of sight if they are targeting someone that is in line of sight next to someone that is not. They really need to make it worth it to use more single target abilities to facilitate this. Right now you can have 5-6 MMs creating a death zone for anyone not receiving active healing when you have warfront objectives where everyone is grouped up.

I'm a warrior and I still blow people up. Is it harder? Yes. Do you have to plan things out more? Of course! The current state of things is nowhere near as bad as everyone is making it out to be.
    well I agree with most of what you said. People seem to be adapting to the rogue changes pretty well on my shard and server. Really they just need to rebalance the heal debuffs and then the healer's heals.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Can we form a Rogue-Warrior alliance and just kill Clerics over and over?
    Smash all the blue bars!

Champion of Telara

Gentlemen.

While I agree, I still don't like how pvp is balanced around a 50% healing debuff.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast