+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: MM Reduces Positives Gaming Experience

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    OK dude, i guess you never got to rank 6 or above. So Let me rephrase.

A rank 6 rogue had next to 0% chance to win vs equally geared and skilled mage, warrior or cleric.
    This is a better comment, but it is still a little over blown. Yes rogues have needed a buff, no they have not sucked for 6 months. Anyway I got to get back ti work or ima get fired lols.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Sword of Telara

I was a bit apprehensive at first that MM would be OP, but after a full weekend of warfronts.. I've got to say the vast majority of them are just KB padding for me. The melee rogues with RS mixed in are FAR more scary. Sure, if you get a group of 4 to 5 MM all working together with focus fire macros... they gun **** down fast. But, get a tank warrior/rogue in their middle.. and do some AOE and they evaporate. The rank 8 ones are less squishy and a bit harder hitting, but I still take them one on one. 3 or 4 rank 8 ones, are nasty. Then again, 3 or 4 rank 8 anything are nasty.

Tips against the new 'god' MM.
    1) Use LoS. Pillars, walls, terrain levels... whatever. 80% of the idiots will run right up into near melee range to try and pew pew at you.

2) Switch to a class with a bit of CC or a teleport or such. Jump on them in melee and they're a free kill.
    3) Get some physical/air mitigation. Enough said.
    4) If you really want to be a jerk, kill them at range. I was using my NB/RS to throw fiery daggers at them from range... and kill them as they pew pewed me. It was kind of sad, but fun all the same. It's not as efficient as running up and slash/stabbing them to death. But it's more humiliating. Hell, anything Sabo is fun as hell too if you see a bunch of 4000 to 5000 hp (low rank) MM. Guess what, you can almost insta kill them with charges. And if the detonate doesn't make them go poof, throw one of the new bombs. The warriors in my guild, seem to have little trouble eating the marksmen alive either. If you have a blue bar who's not going down... switch to the purple bar trying to spam fan out at you. Then go back to the blue bar after his little pew pew buddy is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Hijati View Post
    It is so funny how when another character gets put on the same level as the other roles...the other roles complain non-stop. As a cleric healer I constantly have 3-5 Rogues and Warriors beating on me all the time and rarely die because of that burst of damage. The only thing that devastates me in pvp is duo and trio Cabs running together. Even a single Cabalist is almost game over due to all of their CC abilities. As long as the player is good...I am dead. Rogues I am still not running from and Warriors hurt but I just stand there for them as well, and this is with my heals being nerfed 50%.

(My understanding please correct me if I am wrong)

I find it funny that people complain about VM ammunitions right...if I normally heal for 1000hp....in pvp that is reduced automatically by 50% due to the qqing about heals being op. so I now heal for 500hp...now the VM puts another 50% reduction on the target so now my 500hp heal will only hit for 250hp and then the MM leaches 50% of that healing back...so the MM only got healed for 125hp...if you cannot dps through that then you need to learn to play better.

" I constantly have 3-5 Rogues and Warriors beating on me all the time and rarely die "

haha yeah that's funny!... pics/vids or it didn't happen!

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Getting killed reduces my positive game experience.

Ascendant

I think my favorite part of being 51sin/15inf post-1.5 is watching all the scrubs wasting GCDs purging me because they don't know what Nightblade buffs look like.

Oh snap, actually having to know what buffs correspond to what kind of rogue! OH THE HUMANITY!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    " I constantly have 3-5 Rogues and Warriors beating on me all the time and rarely die "

haha yeah that's funny!... pics/vids or it didn't happen!
    No reason to waste internet space, just go join a WF and wait for a rank 6+ cleric that knows what he is doing to show up.

They live long enough to los/run away solo and are still unkillable in cross healing situation.

The problem with MM is that no one learned to take rogues seriously yet.
    I got 200k favor just over this weekend and half of the games i was just standing there shooting sheet allover without anyone even attacking me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

No reason to waste internet space, just go join a WF and wait for a rank 6+ cleric that knows what he is doing to show up.

They live long enough to los/run away solo and are still unkillable in cross healing situation.

I got 200k favor just over this weekend and half of the games i was just standing there shooting sheet allover without anyone even attacking me.
    I should video myself tanking bads so that you can see why clerics that have a clue will tell you that the reason they appear to tank '6 R7s' is because the DPS are just bad. It's hardly considered 'tanking' when they aren't pressing buttons.

What I'll normally do is get a 4 stack of SS going (600'ish non crit no heal debuff), Healing Spray, and spam cleanse on myself while LOSing everywhere I can. Healing Breath when it's up, of course. I can really increase my healing potential if I can stop for Healing Current and Deluge but let's just be honest - that's not really viable with push back.

Also, run speed consumables and 'dodging' FTW.

-Liang
    Last edited by Liang Nuren; 10-04-2011 at 09:46 AM.

Rift Disciple

Im an R8 Cleric. My only option currently against a rogue is to run away and LOS-How much fun do you think that is? Rogues could always fight back.

1 Rogue can take me down(Shamicar) easily. As a warden I see a rogue I may as well get up and make coffee. 1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. Its just a slower death for both where the rog stays at full hps.

You Rogues die through focus fire or the grossest of gear disparity. I am hoping somewhere Trion are play testing rogues in pvp combat because this feels far worse than when the warrs and mages were FOTM.

I was reducing positive experience with my MM way before 1.5. Reducing positive experience is what I do in games.
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-04-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Seriously... let's try an R8 cleric... vs. 2 sin rogue's + 2 MM rogue's + a Warr....

let them be R4 or above... give me a vid about that.... can't be done for longer then 10-5 seconds ;)

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

1 Rogue can take me down(Shamicar) easily.
    Yeah, I can totally see a Shamicar dying to a Rogue. He'll be putting out *WAY* more DPS than you and your self heals will keep him at full health. Yeah, pretty much any Rogue build is a hard counter to any DPS or hybrid cleric. I'd say the only way you're going to survive (but never kill) a Rogue of equivalent gear is to run a full out healing build.

-Liang

Im an R8 Cleric. My only option currently against a rogue is to run away and LOS-How much fun do you think that is? Rogues could always fight back.

1 Rogue can take me down(Shamicar) easily. As a warden I see a rogue I may as well get up and make coffee. 1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. Its just a slower death for both where the rog stays at full hps.

You Rogues die through focus fire or the grossest of gear disparity. I am hoping somewhere Trion are play testing rogues in pvp combat because this feels far worse than when the warrs and mages were FOTM.
    Epic, you just made my new signature.
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Do you know how rogues felt about Chlorolocks, Clerics and warriors.... well ill tell you how!!! Very frustrated.. because it was a 100% loss if we ran into one for 6 months.
    100% loss? Talk about bad. I guess the rogues I know who killed chlorolocks, clerics, and warrior prior to 1.5 were pro gamers.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 10-04-2011 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liang Nuren View Post
    Yeah, I can totally see a Shamicar dying to a Rogue. He'll be putting out *WAY* more DPS than you and your self heals will keep him at full health. Yeah, pretty much any Rogue build is a hard counter to any DPS or hybrid cleric. I'd say the only way you're going to survive (but never kill) a Rogue of equivalent gear is to run a full out healing build.

-Liang
    good shamicar's kill me easily, maybe you are just bad

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    100% loss? Talk about bad. I guess the rogues I know who killed chlorolocks, clerics, and warrior prior to 1.5 were pro gamers.
    How are you supposed to reliably kill someone when they click buttons and instantly have full health while simultaneously slowly whittling you down?

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast