+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Riftstalkers

Quote Originally Posted by garethh View Post
    his point was never by themselves. I've gotten around some of the heartiest in stealth stone defenders by grabbing 2 competent teammates and using them as distractions before i dark containment->rift prison-> free stone grab

then I'm in the clear.. unless our entire team decides that our base still neads defending from the enemy team all charging me.. from the sides of cource since if they go in front of me they might as well just give me the point

also as a sidenote most RS don't have break free. They have shadow stalk, a 25 sec CD 'teleport to a target 20 meters away, this move removes all CC and movement impairing effects from the rogue'. A 15? point in the RS tree...

You can't honestly think that RS aren't easily the best class to run a stone back to your base. You can blink threw an entire enemy team in about 3 seconds while being practically immune to CC in the process (thnks to shadow stalk ;D). They are catchable but thats only when your team is trash and theirs is extremely competent, that kind of a gap is OP
    His point was exactly that riftstalkers are doing it solo, no matter what. That is was and will continue to be his entire point.

He derails that point by saying that rift stalkers need a competent team to really function, but that apparently is beside the point of the rift stalker doing it solo.

And I do agree, riftstalker is hands down the best Solo flag carrier. But if they are defending against that, I can think of better run with the team carriers
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 10-04-2011 at 11:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    lol ok guy. you are right, nobody has won a game if the other team has a riftstalker. and every game that has two riftstalkers has ended in a tie.
    bad teams that can't coordinate with the RS, or are getting creamed too hard to get around to helping the RS with the flag guards. That loses most games.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by ShalarLight View Post
    His point was exactly that riftstalkers are doing it solo, no matter what. That is was and will continue to be his entire point.

He derails that point by saying that rift stalkers need a competent team to really function, but that apparently is beside the point of the rift stalker doing it solo.
    sigh.. its a concept... because he uses the words 'solo' and 'teamwork' in the same post doesn't mean its a contradiction...

if he said 'they can do it solo no matter what' why didn't you quote him??
    Last edited by garethh; 10-04-2011 at 11:10 AM.

Ascendant

Your entire post is invalidated because you think Riftstalkers can actually be snared. Between snare breaks, DRs and immunities, a Riftstalker will never be snared for more than two or three seconds.

70% run speed + blinks + snare immunities/breakers means you're going to outrun a mounted player without breaking a sweat.

On the double, getaway. What's does a snare do, again?
    Again, I'm talking about competent players here.

He doesn't have Break Free because he had to use it to get your defender off of his back.

He is immune to CC for 2 seconds after a teleport, once every 10 seconds. Wait out the buff and then hit him.

OtD (Getaway) will break snares, but only if it's up. Again, he should have had to blow that to get away from the defender in your base. He can Rapid Reload it, on a 2.5+ minute cooldown, and that might be legitimately tough if you don't have people responding very quickly to him picking up your flag -- Your defender should have been alerting you as soon as he realized it was a Stalker with brains, well before the flag got picked up. Even aside from all of this, Getaway only works on Movement, not on Control effects. Your responders should recognize that he's got OtD up, and hit him with a control CC (Stun, Mez, etc.).

If your defender was halfway competent and didn't spam him into DRs inside your base, you should have at LEAST one control and one movement left on him by the time he's out of your base. Maybe fully-available, depending on the exact timeline of events during the pickup (he may be coming off DRs right about at the halfway point between your base and midfield). Snare him. He pops OtD, Stun him. Stun wears off (and OtD is down), snare him again. Don't stand in front of him and give him free teleports. His non-target ports should be down from dealing with your defender in your base.

I know, this is all very complex.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I try to make everything I say signature worthy.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    If your defender was halfway competent and didn't spam him into DRs inside your base, you should have at LEAST one control and one movement left on him by the time he's out of your base. Maybe fully-available, depending on the exact timeline of events during the pickup (he may be coming off DRs right about at the halfway point between your base and midfield). Snare him. He pops OtD, Stun him. Stun wears off (and OtD is down), snare him again. Don't stand in front of him and give him free teleports. His non-target ports should be down from dealing with your defender in your base.
    thats the hard part. After you get in range of a RS and use a spell/attack you are off your mount. You would need to keep cycling threw people with planned CC as he Rift Prison's/teleports out of LOS of someone on foot/shoots people 35 meters away for more speed

its painfully difficult. Enough so you have to bank on a very coordinated team timing out their stuns and snares... enough so to be called OP
    Last edited by garethh; 10-04-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Ascendant

thats the hard part. After you get in range of a RS and use a spell/attack you are off your mount. You would need to keep cycling threw people with planned CC as he Rift Prison's/teleports out of LOS of someone on foot/shoots people 35 meters away for more speed

its painfully difficult. Enough so you have to bank on a very coordinated team timing out their stuns and snares... enough so to be called OP
    Not really, you just need people to not be mindlessly spamming CC with no regard to how DRs work in this game. I laugh every time a mage hits me with Dark Fury (a pathetically short stun) from max range with nobody else near me, all he's doing is triggering DRs.

It's also for this reason that I don't chain-stun stalkers that try to pick up my flags. I Paralyze->Puncture->Impale and see what happens.

If he doesn't break, I land Savage->Serpent, Slip, and re-open with Jagged.

If he breaks, good, his break is now on cooldown.

At this point (either way) he's almost assuredly going to Prison me, so I break, get my last two CPs and Final Blow. If he doesn't have Infiltrator, he's a dead man. If he does go 21 inf for SitS, he'll use it now, and I hit my "Come help me kill this guy" macro, get out of combat to re-stealth, and follow the ticking yellow numbers to wherever he plans to drink (usually in the cubby hole in the house behind the flag).

Re-open with Jagged again and get Impale back up, if he broke earlier (and I didn't use Slip), Slip before he can re-prison me and Assassinate him. He's not leaving that base without most of his stuff down and his HP way low, and he's got at least one control DR and both snares ready for teammates to finish him off.

Champion

assassin.. assassin is only a counter to a stone carrier before he has the stone.

Anyways your probably not gonna change your mind no matter what i say so I'll just go back to lol-running stones back to base on my P2 toon.

Ascendant

assassin.. assassin is only a counter to a stone carrier before he has the stone.
    Yeah, that would kind of be the entire point I was making. Don't let him grab the stone in the first place and you don't have to worry about him running it.

Srsly. CTF as a gametype has been around for nearly two decades. Guarding your flag against those that would take it is CTF Strategy 101. Nearly every time I see someone QQing about Riftstalker stone runners on these forums, they're the exact same people who refuse to guard the stones and scoff at those that do.

There's a reason that stalkers steal your stones, but not mine. You go ahead and try to run my stones on a P2 rogue, the only thing you're leaving my base with is a bleeding ***.
    Last edited by Isila; 10-04-2011 at 01:39 PM.

Ascendant

Lagged double-post lulz.
    Last edited by Isila; 10-04-2011 at 01:38 PM.

the riftstalker/nb/bs (sin) builds are only rogue class that i think is warranted for a nerf. They can do fairly decent damage and its hard to damage against them each time they planeshift they get like 4500 damage wall or something like that.

Ascendant

his point was never by themselves. I've gotten around some of the heartiest in stealth stone defenders by grabbing 2 competent teammates and using them as distractions before i dark containment->rift prison-> free stone grab (btw those moves are 2, 20-30 sec CD 5-7 second incapasitates)

then I'm in the clear.. unless our entire team decides that our base still neads defending from the enemy team all charging me.. from the sides of cource since if they go in front of me they might as well just give me the point. 3-4 guys i can easily deal with threw CC/teleports/80% less inc dmg for 8 secs. It takes near an entire team...

also as a sidenote most RS don't have break free. They have shadow stalk, a 25 sec CD 'teleport to a target 20 meters away, this move removes all CC and movement impairing effects from the rogue'. A 15? point in the RS tree...

You can't honestly think that RS aren't easily the best class to run a stone back to your base. You can blink threw an entire enemy team in about 3 seconds while being practically immune to CC in the process (thnks to shadow stalk ;D). They are catchable but thats only when your team is trash and theirs is extremely competent, that kind of a gap is OP

This guy knows what's up. Let me pull out some important quotes for you guys.

"3-4 I can easily deal with"

"It takes near an entire team..."

"ou can blink threw an entire enemy team in about 3 seconds while being practically immune to CC in the process (thnks to shadow stalk ;D)."

I couldn't give a crap about the level of balance between rogue's damage, warriors teleporting, chlorolocks, etc. I honestly stopped trying to get this game's pvp balanced back in 1.1 and 1.2. The only thing I hate in pvp is riftstalkers running flags. They completely trivialize Whitefail Steppes and it's an otherwise fun map.

While I (as mentioned earlier in thread) agree that riftstalkers are 100% ********, there's a really easy counter to them: 0pt pets on aggressive parked at the flag, with you 20 meters away. Tadaa~~~~ riftstalker can't solo cap flag anymore.
    Last edited by Adnoz; 10-04-2011 at 11:39 PM.

(Gear)

Plane Touched

Gotta build a sentry at the capture point bro.

And maybe a engineer or two.

Rift Chaser

Approach the Riftstalker running at 200% (around mount-ish speed) from the sides.... So he can blow right past you.

Thanks for the protip.

And @the other post, counter Riftstalkers by having your own Riftstalker.

Thanks, but Rantology covered this in the third post.

Please, disprove that.

"If a good riftstalker gets a shred of a competent team it's pretty much unbeatable unless you have a riftstalker of your own."
    /shrug I kill them all the time as MM/ASSASSIN Barbed + eradicate, they kill themselves in about 10 seconds. I can also kill them pretty easily on my dom spec.

I find them much easier to kill than a shield tank with healer support, matter of fact I'd take stopping a RS any day over a tank with healers. One takes tactics, the other is a raid boss.
    Last edited by Ultrazen; 10-05-2011 at 01:09 AM.

If a riftie gets the stone, yes they will make it to the base almost every time.
    Is this OP? no because if your team is playing Whitefall with no D you deserve to lose.
    Minicat R8 Battlebard
    Affinity @Dayblind

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast