+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Next WF - larger and more Open terrain or or or??

Shadowlander

Default Next WF - larger and more Open terrain or or or??

Dont get me wrong I do enjoy the current WF's we have - BUT I could use a less OMFGLETSALLZERG kinda WF so you could actually get some more 1v1 and 2v2 etc. fights. And to do so just make a bigger map or less players in same WF - hmm Like a Codex or Whitefall with 10 players only?

Well just shooting out ideas

Ascendant

I actually dislike Whitefall the most because it is so large. It takes too long to get in a fight. Every game I have every played has had more people in bigger maps. Way too much downtime if there were only 10 people in the codex or whitefall.
    Chronicar Rank 6 mage
    <Squab Squad>

On the bigger maps (whitefall, codex) isn't it still zerg vs zerg? You just have a better chance of having a few stragglers at other locations (esp. in codex) giving you a better chance of having BIG zerg wipe slightly smaller zerg....

I don't know what can be done to force folks out of zerg tactics, but I think it's not being driven by space. Heck, of all things I would think codex would do it - and maybe it would if Codex wan't worth more points than the other 3 (think AB in WOW - make all the points equal) but right now, there are different reasons on the WF's to zerg, but it all comes down to Move As A Group Or Die.

(Personally, I always like Arathi Basin - I'd like to see a similar map here. Yes, I know Codex is kinda the same thing, but not really in my mind... I dunno, maybe it's one of those things that only makes sense to me... )

They can make a small map that promotes less of a pure cluster in 1 spot non stop. Let me pull a good example of what I mean.

Anyone remember these mario kart 64 battle mode maps?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YqyjNQaFNQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4N04o...eature=related

now, if you threw us PvP'ers in there, it is map designs like that, that could have battles going on in many different areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Magevenom View Post
    Dont get me wrong I do enjoy the current WF's we have - BUT I could use a less OMFGLETSALLZERG kinda WF so you could actually get some more 1v1 and 2v2 etc. fights. And to do so just make a bigger map or less players in same WF - hmm Like a Codex or Whitefall with 10 players only?

Well just shooting out ideas
    Need arena !! xD xD

Brobey, Cleric Healer, EU.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Bionitro View Post
    Need arena !! xD xD
    Need RvR imo. Large zone, many objectives, zerg fights at main locations, while small groups/others can pick off people coming/going to the battle and/or steal smaller objectives.

+ Reply to Thread