+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Do not nerf rogues, Do this instead !!!!!

Ascendant

Default Do not nerf rogues, Do this instead !!!!!

Make Lingering Wounds have all vices of Fellblades and vamp munitions, and add a healing siphon to it. Make it purgable and cleansable. Then make riftblade able to use 2 blade abilities at once. This would make blade of elemental affinity worth a damn. Problem now is it makes you energy starved.

You would not be able to reach both at once. PERFECT IDEA!

right now in pugs, especially library, wars have no way to heal up like rogues do. This will make it better for all. Nerfing rogues would just make them suck in pugs like we do. Problem solved. They keep their damage, and we gain equal footing without having to have pocket heals.
    Last edited by NJoyTheSilence; 10-02-2011 at 11:06 PM.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Sword of Telara

And you might as well remove chloros and clerics from the game while you're at it.

That would be too far. Rogues got VM/FB because they have no self healing whatsoever without going deep Bard and destroying their DPS. Warriors do have ways of self healing plus they have a ton of passive survivability plus plate armour. I think giving Warriors a syphon would unbalance things. Even with the self healing added, Rogues are still squishy as hell, even the NB/RS speced ones.

I can see VM/FB maybe getting a 1 sec internal cooldown added like with Electric Munitions but really it isn't needed; the most I've EVER seen VM/FB syphon was 641, which means that someone got off a heal for 2,564 AFTER the heal debuff (yes someone out there is healing for 5,128 which is more than enough to put most people up from 1% to 100% instantly) . It's mostly just ticks for 40 or 50 when someone is hit with a DoT or Motif of Regeneration. What is more OP there? Me getting a one off 641 tick or the fact that Healers can still put out silly healing numbers even while heal debuffed?

Also remember that good Rogues don't even NEED VM/FB to kill you.
    Lilisette High Elven Rogue - Argent EU | Laretha: High Elven Cleric - Argent EU
    Rahal: High Elven Warrior - Argent EU | Lilaeath: High Elven Mage - Argent EU
    If any fellow Roleplayers want to meet up to RP, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilisette View Post
    Rogues got VM/FB because they have no self healing whatsoever without going deep Bard and destroying their DPS. Warriors do have ways of self healing plus they have a ton of passive survivability plus plate armour.
    Explain to me what plate does in PvP again? Also what heals do warriors have without going deep into tanking trees nullifying our dps?
    Last edited by dcndnts; 10-03-2011 at 05:36 AM.
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Quote Originally Posted by dcndnts View Post
    Explain to me what plate does in PvP again? Also what heals do warriors have without going deep into tanking trees nullifying our dps?
    You do realize, there is a game outside of PvP right?
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 10-03-2011 at 05:39 AM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    You do realize, there is a game outside of PvP right?
    You do realize this is the PvP and Warfronts section of the forums we are posting in right? right?
    Last edited by dcndnts; 10-03-2011 at 05:42 AM.
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Quote Originally Posted by dcndnts View Post
    You do realize this is the PvP and Warfronts section of the forums we are posting in right?
    Yes, and since I have seen way too many posts out in the non-PvP sections of the board, I felt the need to come in here and tell you and everyone else that there is another side of this game and that we don't think that Rogues are OP in that part of the game and that "nerfing" us back into the stone age again just to cater to a minority of the population is a good idea.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Lilisette View Post
    That would be too far. Rogues got VM/FB because they have no self healing whatsoever without going deep Bard and destroying their DPS. Warriors do have ways of self healing plus they have a ton of passive survivability plus plate armour. I think giving Warriors a syphon would unbalance things. Even with the self healing added, Rogues are still squishy as hell, even the NB/RS speced ones.

I can see VM/FB maybe getting a 1 sec internal cooldown added like with Electric Munitions but really it isn't needed; the most I've EVER seen VM/FB syphon was 641, which means that someone got off a heal for 2,564 AFTER the heal debuff (yes someone out there is healing for 5,128 which is more than enough to put most people up from 1% to 100% instantly) . It's mostly just ticks for 40 or 50 when someone is hit with a DoT or Motif of Regeneration. What is more OP there? Me getting a one off 641 tick or the fact that Healers can still put out silly healing numbers even while heal debuffed?

Also remember that good Rogues don't even NEED VM/FB to kill you.
    Plate offers little benefit when everyone is using spell damage. The shield and block is what helps. The question is not about damage, it is about self healing. What do we have? We have nothing in our dps trees.

With rogues new damage, warriors have little survivability to the onslaught of damage. In pugs we die way to fast and often. I noticed rogues were doing well in pugs do to this healing, even when our team was losing.

Giving warriors self healing is a good idea as we have little range and no healing option. Marks damage is as high as warriors from range, why would it hurt to give us some healing power?

Selfish rogues, trying to farm warriors like everyone farmed you... you should know how it feels.
    Last edited by NJoyTheSilence; 10-03-2011 at 05:49 AM.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Quote Originally Posted by Machiko_Naguchi View Post
    Yes, and since I have seen way too many posts out in the non-PvP sections of the board, I felt the need to come in here and tell you and everyone else that there is another side of this game and that we don't think that Rogues are OP in that part of the game and that "nerfing" us back into the stone age again just to cater to a minority of the population is a good idea.

10characters
    Last edited by dcndnts; 10-03-2011 at 05:50 AM.
    -Skavok - MaleViolence -

Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    Make Lingering Wounds have all vices of Fellblades and vamp munitions, and add a healing siphon to it. Make it purgable and cleansable. Then make riftblade able to use 2 blade abilities at once. This would make blade of elemental affinity worth a damn. Problem now is it makes you energy starved.

You would not be able to reach both at once. PERFECT IDEA!

right now in pugs, especially library, wars have no way to heal up like rogues do. This will make it better for all. Nerfing rogues would just make them suck in pugs like we do. Problem solved. They keep their damage, and we gain equal footing without having to have pocket heals.
    Who said theya re getting nerfed? and rogues are not even on top of the charts in library
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Who said theya re getting nerfed? and rogues are not even on top of the charts in library
    People are screaming, this is Trion, you will get nerfed.

Also what library were you watching with fail rogues all weekend? Do you not see the 30 kb screenshots all over?
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    People are screaming, this is Trion, you will get nerfed.

Also what library were you watching with fail rogues all weekend? Do you not see the 30 kb screenshots all over?

Well rank 8 rogues with pocket healers can do wonders. But so can warriors.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torvax View Post
    Im an R8 Cleric.
    1 Rogue can annihilate 2 healing clerics together-Cross healing doesnt work against a rog. .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Blays View Post
    Well rank 8 rogues with pocket healers can do wonders. But so can warriors.
    There is a lack of heals in pugs, rogues still did well. Leaving warriors as the only class without self healing is broken. Either give them to us or take em away from rogues.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Plate armor helps, no denying it befroe 1.5 I, as a rank 8 rogue would routinely hit warriors with 7-8k hp for as little as 98 damage with my combo builders. Sure now I have 25% armor pen and a magic damage effect that can be purged. I feel like I can kill warriors now. That is a good thing. Fact is the durability and the damage potential is still there for warriors.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-03-2011 at 06:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Plate armor helps, no denying it befroe 1.5 I, as a rank 8 rogue would routinely hit warriors with 7-8k hp for as little as 98 damage with my combo builders. Sure now I have 25% armor pen and a magic damage effect that can be purged. I feel like I can kill warriors now. That is a good thing. Fact is the durability and the damage potential is still there for warriors.
    From purging library a lot of the weekend, I can tell you it is not. NB is war 2.0 right now. They have comparable elemental damage, self healing, stealth, and immunity cooldowns. You cannot seriously argue this ok, and then deny warriors self healing.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast