+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Trion, if this is your view of how Warriors should be I am done with this game.

Rift Chaser

Default Trion, if this is your view of how Warriors should be I am done with this game.

I am looking at this strictly from a PvP perspective. I could care less about PvE, I don't play Rift for PvE.

As a warrior I basically have two roles in PvP to be melee dps or be a melee decoy. I don't have any support or healing roles. I don't have any ranged specs. If I am full defense in order to survive the onslaught of Marksmen and AE magic spam I cannot kill anyone. Before 1.5 I was able to equip a shield to have some survivability and had enough burst dps to be able to kill someone if he wasn't stacked for defense and wasn't getting healed by someone else. Now not only is my burst dps gone but it has also affected my overall dps as well.

Offensive warriors are basically required to have Champion Soul for Lingering Wounds and Riftblade for nonphysical damage. Not much versatility in a game that touts multiple varied specs. When I am 2H mode I get tore up by Marksmen. MM easily kite me to death having their escape on a 20s timer while my charge is on a 15s timer. MMs will tell you that warriors are nothing more then pinatas to them anymore and are a nonthreat. When I am in S&B mode dps clerics and mages own me. I have lost to non stealth melee based rogues multiple times with a shield equipped. I have been stunned by rogues then get them to about 50-60% before I die when I come out of stun. The only Rogues I kill are low ranked rogues, I am P5 with alll the gear that rank allows.

No I do not suck at PvP, I was a Gladiator in WoW arena and have been playing PvP based games since DAOC first came out.

The more I play post 1.5 the more disenchanted I become. I really liked this game and how it did many things right but have lost faith in the developers and their ability to balance classes after a patch like 1.5. If you think Warriors have now arrived and this is your vision of the Warriors place in your game then I will no longer be a paying customer to this anymore.

My account runs out 10/21 and will not be renewing until I see some improvement in the Warrior class.

Know what you sound like?

Rogues.

From patch 1.0 to patch 1.1 to patch 1.2 to patch 1.3 to patch 1.4
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post
    Know what you sound like?

Rogues.

From patch 1.0 to patch 1.1 to patch 1.2 to patch 1.3 to patch 1.4
    The we sucked so now it's your turn, is nothing but proof of failings of the developers
    EVERYBODY DIES, BUT NOT EVERYBODY LIVES.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrileigh View Post
    The we sucked so now it's your turn, is nothing but proof of failings of the developers
    Were Warriors really nerfed that hard this patch?
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Warrior burst was. A big part of it, however, is that a lot of warriors don't like to run "good" builds. They only want to run OP builds. If they can't run OP, they don't want to play.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    Yes. Do you fear non R8 warriors in warfronts?

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    Do you fear non R8 rogues?
    ~Quiescent

My account runs out 10/21 and will not be renewing until I see some improvement in the Warrior class.
    awwwwwwwweee, snivel waaa waaa cry, my character is not the FOTM anymore...better fix it Trion or else i will quit.........

Winning!

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

The only non-R8 I fear is a Warden.

I've been PvPing in Rift for 7 months now. Anyone who isn't the same gear level as me isn't someone I'm remotely afraid of.
    Last edited by Satiar; 10-02-2011 at 04:53 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Rift Chaser

Yes. MMs beat me everytime because of their kiting abilities. If I don't have a shield out it is really bad, if I have a shield out it just takes longer for me to die. I've been getting beat by melee rogues in straight out combat. Not sure what kind of rogues they were but lost two fights to two different rogues that were unstealthed and I had my shield build. Got both of them down to 40-50% before I died. Lost another fight to a stealth rogue, after stun I hit him a few times before dying. He burned through my 7000+ hps and I got through about 2000 of his before dyiing.

I am P5 with all the appropriate gear and no I do not use fail builds.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Warrior burst was. A big part of it, however, is that a lot of warriors don't like to run "good" builds. They only want to run OP builds. If they can't run OP, they don't want to play.
    Sounds like rogues.

Yes. MMs beat me everytime because of their kiting abilities. If I don't have a shield out it is really bad, if I have a shield out it just takes longer for me to die. I've been getting beat by melee rogues in straight out combat. Not sure what kind of rogues they were but lost two fights to two different rogues that were unstealthed and I had my shield build. Got both of them down to 40-50% before I died. Lost another fight to a stealth rogue, after stun I hit him a few times before dying. He burned through my 7000+ hps and I got through about 2000 of his before dyiing.

I am P5 with all the appropriate gear and no I do not use fail builds.

you are low rank.

... MM easily kite me to death having their escape on a 20s timer while my charge is on a 15s timer...
    Is this a misprint? Because it looks like, as I read, that then you should be able to charge faster than he could escape, and keep him in reach of you.... but perhaps you meant it the other way.

Not trolling, really curious - I don't play mm rogue currently, and have no real warrior experience, so I honestly don't know.

Rift Chaser

As a warrior I am only as good as the heals that I receive. Only way I can do damage is by being in someones face so whenever I am in someones face I am of course taking damage. When the healing isn't there it is constant respawn. I can't change roles and switch to ranged mode like the other classes can. I can't change to a healing or support spec. The only thing I can do is be in front or attack the other guys that rush into our ranks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast