+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Trion, if this is your view of how Warriors should be I am done with this game.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by stage9 View Post
    I didn't assume anything, I just read what you wrote. You said your R5.

R5 is weak, compared to what you have at R8.
    "During 1.4 you could compete with rogues that were R6-7-8, HOWEVER after 1.5 came live, these R6-7-8 rogues are killing you and now you can only kill R3-4-5 rogues. "

You are assuming at 1.4 I was beating R6-7-8 rogues.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    if you are soloing opvp you need something like rb/ch/pally or rb/ch/vk. however, warfronts are a different story

i've been trying out a few build variations over this weekend in the new library zergfest warfront.
    firstly, a few points i'd like to make. in group pvp warriors no longer need the champion soul heal debuff. there is more than enough rogue debuffs flying around to fill the gap. take advantage of this. secondly, both teams are very heavy on the rogue component right now. so focus on killing the enemy rogues, and leave the mages/clerics to your friendly rogues. you can beat on enemy warriors if you like, but rogue tears taste sweeter.

the build i've been having success with is high RB, high pally. the first variation is just those two souls with vk as a zero point soul. RB up to rift strike. pally up to tip the ballance, picking up the bubble finisher on the way. have even been killing the odd undergeared cleric/mage with this thanks to windspear and lights hammer.

one of the variations that did well was vk up to the purge, pally up to tip the ballance, remainder into RB (i think it was about 27 points in RB). the advantage of this build is twofold. str buff means burning blood hits a little harder. do not underestimate this passive vs rogues. the second, more important, advantage is the purge. stripping off FB/VM means they dont heal debuff you. not being heal debuffed means they dont heal off you. the purge having a 35m range means it also acts as a delivery system for your earthburst snare finisher. with that and planar blade/rift walk no MM should be able to escape your blade.

heavy tank soul is the future of the pvp warrior. atleast for now.
    yes.

hybrid defensive builds are the new warrior fotm except those premade situations where you have 2 r8 clerics.

we're going to have to build the new warrior chlorolock. that's what it comes down to.
    r40 puzzlybox <rise of mayhem> whoo whoo
    r40 pizzabox wheeeeeeeee

puzzlebox + apoth = <3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL4L4Uv5rf0

Rift Chaser

I feel pretty educated when it comes to warrior builds.

I have 4 roles all for PvP because I don't do PvE.

38VK/28Pal/0 Vind
    29RB/21VK/16Pal
    38VK/28RB/0 Vind
    and my 2H dps
    38Champ/21 Para/ 7 RB.

Plane Walker

the good warriors are still doing just fine, and the bad ones are still easy to kite around and kill with little trouble. It isn't much different then all the knee jerking when pvp healing was nerfed, and all the clerics started playing cabalist to punish us evil dps.

Turns out most of those cabbies were bad healers, and they were bad at cabalist, and the strong clerics are still currently doing just fine. Plenty of warriors still rocking rogues, and everyone else.

I listened to a warrior in my guild on vent explaining to a lower rank warrior how he is currently destroying r8 healers, and he literally broke it down into steps while killing this guy; "1, 2, 3, then 4 and there is nothing else he can do but die."

MMOS change, either flow with the changes, or move along. I played a warrior main in WOW since vanilla, and loved EVERY second of it, sure there were lows, and there were also highs. Same goes for every other class, in every other mmo, especially when it is split into two games in one.
    Last edited by tuluka; 10-02-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    No I do not suck at PvP, I was a Gladiator in WoW arena and have been playing PvP based games since DAOC first came out.
    not all of us played wow. gladiator means nothing to me. if you cant figure out a build that does what you need it to do vs rogue you are not the pvp god you think you are, despite your experience.

I do not suck at pvp, i played a blackguard named Anomandar on the badlands server in WAR. i still die in pvp after attemting to solo the entire guardian faction with my warrior.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by tuluka View Post
    the good warriors are still doing just fine, and the bad ones are still easy to kite around and kill with little trouble. It isn't much different then all the knee jerking when pvp healing was nerfed, and all the clerics started playing cabalist to punish us evil dps.

Turns out most of those cabbies were bad healers, and they were bad at cabalist, and the strong clerics are still currently doing just fine. Plenty of warriors still rocking rogues, and everyone else.

I listened to a warrior in my guild on vent explaining to a lower rank warrior how he is currently destroying r8 healers, and he literally broke it down into steps while killing this guy; "1, 2, 3, then 4 and there is nothing else he can do but die."

MMOS change, either flow with the changes, or move along. I played a warrior main in WOW since vanilla, and loved EVERY second of it, sure there were lows, and there were also highs. Same goes for every other class, in every other mmo, especially when it is split into two games in one.
    I have a good rotation for killing healers as well. For the intelligent warrior it isn't that hard to figure out how to do it.
    With a 2H:
    1. Charge with a preloaded 3AP fiery burst, not specced for stun on bull rush!
    2. Leg Sweep
    3. Wind Spear, 5s silence because you didn't have bull rush specced for stun. You now have 3 AP again.
    4. Use Proper Timing that guarantees a crit to apply LW with a finisher.
    5. Disruptive Strike (1st attack on my macro) gives 2 AP
    6. Next attack builder, now have 3 AP
    7. Wind spear silence is about to wear off, hit Rift Surge.

Good chance to kill a healer, most of the time they get saved by other healers in Warfronts though.
    Last edited by Zarbane; 10-02-2011 at 09:11 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    not all of us played wow. gladiator means nothing to me. if you cant figure out a build that does what you need it to do vs rogue you are not the pvp god you think you are, despite your experience.

I do not suck at pvp, i played a blackguard named Anomandar on the badlands server in WAR. i still die in pvp after attemting to solo the entire guardian faction with my warrior.
    I never said I was a PvP god. I said that I didn't suck at PvP.

Rift Chaser

Never mind the disruptive strike in my rotation. Was thinking of Rift Strike. My bad.

Rift Disciple

I have a good rotation for killing healers as well. For the intelligent warrior it isn't that hard to figure out how to do it.
    With a 2H:
    1. Charge with a preloaded 3AP fiery burst, not specced for stun on bull rush!
    2. Leg Sweep
    3. Wind Spear, 5s silence because you didn't have bull rush specced for stun. You now have 3 AP again.
    4. Use Proper Timing that guarantees a crit to apply LW with a finisher.
    5. Disruptive Strike (1st attack on my macro) gives 2 AP
    6. Next attack builder, now have 3 AP
    7. Wind spear silence is about to wear off, hit Rift Surge.

Good chance to kill a healer, most of the time they get saved by other healers in Warfronts though.
    This is the new 38 champ 32 RB build. It owns!

I can guarantee you there are no Warriors owning R8 healers in 4 easy steps. As far as Warriors doing just fine, all I can say to that is it is not even close to the truth. Our burst is trash and even our survivability took a hit because we can't kill anyone fast enough to proc a bloodthirsty and even when we do it is nerfed and useless.

I am looking at this strictly from a PvP perspective. I could care less about PvE, I don't play Rift for PvE.

As a warrior I basically have two roles in PvP to be melee dps or be a melee decoy. I don't have any support or healing roles. I don't have any ranged specs. If I am full defense in order to survive the onslaught of Marksmen and AE magic spam I cannot kill anyone. Before 1.5 I was able to equip a shield to have some survivability and had enough burst dps to be able to kill someone if he wasn't stacked for defense and wasn't getting healed by someone else. Now not only is my burst dps gone but it has also affected my overall dps as well.

Offensive warriors are basically required to have Champion Soul for Lingering Wounds and Riftblade for nonphysical damage. Not much versatility in a game that touts multiple varied specs. When I am 2H mode I get tore up by Marksmen. MM easily kite me to death having their escape on a 20s timer while my charge is on a 15s timer. MMs will tell you that warriors are nothing more then pinatas to them anymore and are a nonthreat. When I am in S&B mode dps clerics and mages own me. I have lost to non stealth melee based rogues multiple times with a shield equipped. I have been stunned by rogues then get them to about 50-60% before I die when I come out of stun. The only Rogues I kill are low ranked rogues, I am P5 with alll the gear that rank allows.

No I do not suck at PvP, I was a Gladiator in WoW arena and have been playing PvP based games since DAOC first came out.

The more I play post 1.5 the more disenchanted I become. I really liked this game and how it did many things right but have lost faith in the developers and their ability to balance classes after a patch like 1.5. If you think Warriors have now arrived and this is your vision of the Warriors place in your game then I will no longer be a paying customer to this anymore.

My account runs out 10/21 and will not be renewing until I see some improvement in the Warrior class.
    So your a bad who cant faceroll anymore who is rage quitting

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Deezil View Post
    This is the new 38 champ 32 RB build. It owns!

I can guarantee you there are no Warriors owning R8 healers in 4 easy steps. As far as Warriors doing just fine, all I can say to that is it is not even close to the truth. Our burst is trash and even our survivability took a hit because we can't kill anyone fast enough to proc a bloodthirsty and even when we do it is nerfed and useless.

This man speaks the truth.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    So your a bad who cant faceroll anymore who is rage quitting
    Says the bad that rerolls to warrior then back to rogue in 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Noctisx View Post
    Says the bad that rerolls to warrior then back to rogue in 1.5
    ooh so I cant roll an alt ooooo your so special!

Rift Chaser

Let me give you some perspective.

1. My mage at rank 5 got killed in this sequence, every time, every game, over and over and over. Riftwalk, stun, interrupt, dead. 3-4 GCDs. This was by warriors that were higher ranked than me.

2. My rogue at rank 5 gets BBQ'd by warriors, unless I'm playing some sort of gadget spec that allows me to get far enough away that they tab target their next riftwalk refresh.

3. My cleric at rank 5 got killed in this sequence, riftwalk, stun, interrupt, silenced, dead. This was by warriors that were higher ranked than me.

Welcome to the game the rest of us have been playing since release, you die a lot, especially at lower ranks.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Original_Hellfire View Post
    ooh so I cant roll an alt ooooo your so special!
    You didn't roll an alt, you just rerolled to another calling because you sucked. There is a big difference.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast