+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Delete Library of the Runemasters: Worst PvP Map ever

Default Delete Library of the Runemasters: Worst PvP Map ever

PvP R4.5 cleric here. Been doing PvP in various video games since Duke Nukem (the original). Played this map twice now. Besides being unable to see the "dwarven rune vessels"...this is just an AoE killfest. 3 Guardian healers, 6 or so MM rogues, and a few warriors just demolish everything in the middle. The various vertical levels add nothing to the game (trapped on the lower level...run toward stairs up...get AoE'd down in 3 seconds; jump down from the top...killed in 2 GCDs). Please consider making a large map that allows people to live more than 3 seconds at a time, with PvP objectives that involve anything other than "grab this and run" (something like Alterac Valley or Wintergrasp or whatever...not this concentric, claustrophobic charnel house of chickenpoop carnage). Thanks.

--
    Dreamquencher

Prophet of Telara

Try playing it more than twice before you discard it as terrible.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Yes, I have two hands left after shooting myself in the foot twice. Must...continue...inflicting...self...hurt.

--
    Dream

Hmmm...

While I value and respect your right to your opinion, I disagree. I've actually found that I enjoy this new wf - it's probably my second favorite. I think there is some good strategic options available - we won a match where we were getting farmed in the middle by splitting into 4 small groups, each group grabbing a vessel, and running away on the rings around the middle, holding the vessels just long enough to get points to win.

Heck, even games where we're getting killed - at least it's a short warfront. 5 minutes, and it's a new game...

I've also seen many come-from-behind wins, matches where we're winning the whole way until the bad guys grab 3 or 4 vessels, and catch up rapidly in points, passing us at the last minute. Lots of 1000-900 or 1000-950 (or more!) games.

Yes, there have been 1000-100 shellackings, too - I've been on both sides of them. Not as much fun, I grant you. But all WF's have those occasionally.

I'll be honest with you - play it a few more times. I actually missed some of the strategic options initially, and my first 2 or 3 games I was pretty dead set against it, but it grew on me. Of course, it's also just entirely possible that you'll just hate this one and we'll just have to respectfully disagree with each other...

edit: just saw the two above posts... well, if you hate it and know you do, then yeah, I guess dont play anymore... sorry, though - hopefully next week it'll be a wf you like on the bonus.
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 10-02-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Well, you don't have to play it. I'll be enjoying myself while I'm in there and weep on Monday when it goes away.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

I <3 this map. Quick, near instant pops and not overly favoring melee or ranged (though aoe is certainly favored). Farmed 420k prestige since friday on my mage to get to r8. Been decently balanced sides, won a bit more than I lost while maintaining top damage and KBs in 95% of the matches (curse those filthy p8 cabalists!).

Overall a very fun and beautiful map. Though I did prefer the matches on friday a bit more as those were more of a farmfest in the middle since people were still getting used to it (150+ kills is really nice prestige with a vial).
    -The Unnamed- Defiant
    Vayra - Mage
    Forkrul - Cleric
    Kalyth - FOTM warrior in training, 5k pvp kills at lvl 28

I love the map, so much fun.

So, it appears opinions vary... Truthfully, most feedback I've heard has been favorable, so OP, you may be in the minority here (at least among those who have expressed their opinions here or in game...)

I didn't think they could make me enjoy a carbon copy of BG, but I do. The 3-level system allows for multiple styles of gameplay and stuff

Yes, I'm a marksman. Why?
    ~Quiescent

Quote Originally Posted by Zaros View Post

Yes, I'm a marksman. Why?
    lol - yeah, I was perforated a few times, lurking on the back wall thinking I was safely out of range frojm the guys in the middle. That was a learning experience...

Edit to add I saw another fun tactic for the warriors - one used that pull (seargent's orders, maybe? I forget the name) to drag me from the safety of the wall to the middle, surrounded by angry defiant. I died before I even realized what he had done - but admired the strategy anyway...
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 10-02-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Ascendant

Map favors range who can hit outside areas from the middle. Being melee sucks a bit.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    I've played it about 50 times and I still think its terrible.

Best map ever. Thank the creators it'll only be up on the weekends so I won't get tired of it for a while.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    Best map ever. Thank the creators it'll only be up on the weekends so I won't get tired of it for a while.

- Vybz
    Notice all the MM rogues love it.
    Zerosix - Warrior
    <DIVINE FURY>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by NJoyTheSilence View Post
    Notice all the MM rogues love it.
    ^^

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast