+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Delete Library of the Runemasters: Worst PvP Map ever

I hate this map with a passion. Like other people have said its just an aoe zergfest in one tiny room. You step into the middle you insta-die from devouring shadows/ fan out spam. Can't believe someone got paid to think this up.. gee I know, how about we make one thats one small area and absolutely no unique or fun features? Brilliant! And re-using the black garden 'fang kills you' mechanic is just yawn as well. That said if some people like it more power to them, everyone has their own stuff they enjoy, I just hope the next WF is something different.
    Last edited by Relair; 10-02-2011 at 09:53 PM.

Ascendant

Another terrible pvp map. Shows just how bad their pvp team is.

Telaran

Queue for other warfronts if you don't like it. Problem solved.

Rift Chaser

First of all, the best possible class to play this map is a cleric, as you're the only class that can grab a stone and go hide somewhere and keep yourself healed through the debuff. Try playing this map as a rogue or warrior with that strategy.

Second of all, you're doing it wrong. http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ibarry-rm.html

Telaran

Next post from OP: "I do not like chocolate: remove it from supermarket".

I love/hate that map!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Dreamquencher View Post
    PvP R4.5
    ^The point in your post when your opinion became invalid.

Library is a really great map. You can tell they put a lot of work into figuring out how to help get people out of spawn and back in the fight when they are losing. Free red balls?

My only complaint is there is a lot of LOS bugs when looking up/down. The dirt piles on the floor block los when they are only a foot high.. They probably just had to rush it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweet View Post
    We’re generally happy with the current state of Warriors and are continuing to monitor a number of smaller issues involving them.
    R8 Rogue
    R8 Warrior

Default Mosh Pit!

I love it, it is really pvp. It can pit player vs player in a brawny match in the center, or the alleys and levels can be used as secondary strategies. Good fun. I only wish that I didn't stub my toes at the beginning of every set of stairs. You don't glide up the stairs. I really do know how to walk, so this can't be a legitimate challenge to the map can it? I seems more a bug to me. Hope they fix those sticky first steps or give out shoe wax

I think many will like it, except maybe those that hate arena style fights. Its well round, and certainly has a tight central focus.
    ~Wardova, found at a rift near you since 2011~ ~Wardiva, also adventuring in Telara since 2015~

PvP R4.5 cleric here. Been doing PvP in various video games since Duke Nukem (the original). Played this map twice now. Besides being unable to see the "dwarven rune vessels"...this is just an AoE killfest. 3 Guardian healers, 6 or so MM rogues, and a few warriors just demolish everything in the middle. The various vertical levels add nothing to the game (trapped on the lower level...run toward stairs up...get AoE'd down in 3 seconds; jump down from the top...killed in 2 GCDs). Please consider making a large map that allows people to live more than 3 seconds at a time, with PvP objectives that involve anything other than "grab this and run" (something like Alterac Valley or Wintergrasp or whatever...not this concentric, claustrophobic charnel house of chickenpoop carnage). Thanks.

--
    Dreamquencher
    U are not forced to queue for it if u don't like.

I don't like whitefall and scion.
    Should i now create threads about how i don't like these maps and that Trion should delete them?
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

I like this map and I hate this map... as always no room to manuaver and it always ends up with a cluster fk... People yelling well dont queue for it.. since its pretty much the only wf popping last weekend if you want to do some warfronts you had little choice.. 45 mins thereabouts I waited for a fight on saturday as I was bored of same map and went for something different.
    Sureen - Conspiracy

A post spoken from the Heart contains passion, A post spoken from the head leads to intelligent debate,
    but since the majority of what I read is full of crap I guess most talk out of thier Arse

Library is fine, gj trion.

OP, you must be blind then as vessels are marked on the minimap.

Multiple levels is great.
    -Cane
    Arcanas - Co-Leader of Purge to Win, Bloodiron Guardian PvPvE Guild.
    Hammerknell 11/11, World #5th Akylios

Rift Disciple

I actually quite like this map.
    Only 2 things I don't like much about it, it's way too dark (and Rift is dark as it is), and it's a tad on the small side.

WHAT? looooooooool..... That guy is....
    Impossible is nothing.

As a warrior I liked it when I had a premade and one of the most awesome healers ever. I thought there was a lot of strategy that could be involved. You can jump down in the trenches, back door the enemy, look for solos, etc.

As a solo melee I'm sure it would be terrible. But there is plenty to LOS around. It's a small map so there will be fast and furious fighting and tons of respawns. It seems a little quake-ish.
    Last edited by Hodor; 10-03-2011 at 04:26 PM.

PvP R4.5 cleric here. Been doing PvP in various video games since Duke Nukem (the original). Played this map twice now. Besides being unable to see the "dwarven rune vessels"...this is just an AoE killfest. 3 Guardian healers, 6 or so MM rogues, and a few warriors just demolish everything in the middle. The various vertical levels add nothing to the game (trapped on the lower level...run toward stairs up...get AoE'd down in 3 seconds; jump down from the top...killed in 2 GCDs). Please consider making a large map that allows people to live more than 3 seconds at a time, with PvP objectives that involve anything other than "grab this and run" (something like Alterac Valley or Wintergrasp or whatever...not this concentric, claustrophobic charnel house of chickenpoop carnage). Thanks.

--
    Dreamquencher
    Well OP, you do certainly have a right to your opinion - however as I felt how you did for about 4 Runemaster warfronts, it actually started to change for me at attempt number 5.

Perhaps it was an education thing but my teammates also started to get the hang of the map and some really good strategies did evolve.

Too many people think it's about zerging the middle and the first team to own that space - wins, but it isnt the case in many of my later matches.

I actually like this warfront
    Last edited by Liandral; 10-03-2011 at 05:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast