+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Does anybody fear a Warrior as much as a Rogue now?

Depends on what spec i'm running in WF, if it's deep MM i still get my *** kicked by warriors, unless they're really slow and don't know what they're doing. If im running any Riftstalker hybrid then i'm GOD MODE (not that i'm gona do massive DMG with RS hybrid), but if its a full dps spec like deep NB or 51Sin, the chances are pretty equal. At least now i can take on a challenge from a warrior not just being facerolled in 99% cases.
    The problem with rogues is that many ppl didn't know how to play their class most of them still don't, but there are some players that kicked *** even when rogues were considered to be free kills. And now these players are just facerolling everyone and everything in their way.

Blightweald EU
    STORM
    Rogue

Rift Disciple

only reason people complain about AOE damage being OP is because you have 7 rogues AOE the same group. now even if the AOE did 400 dmg per attack, now you have about 2800 dmg per rotation.
    if only 1 rogue was standing there AOE'ing you, you would be /laugh at him.

Ascendant

Nope, because marksmen are putting out burst on par with warriors from 35m. I can sometimes get away from warriors, I cannot escape MMs. Trion needs to wake the **** up at some point. Six months of seesaw stupidity in the pvp department is getting old fast.
    Last edited by Vember; 10-02-2011 at 06:55 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Nope, because marksmen are putting out burst on par with warriors from 35m. I can sometimes get away from warriors, I cannot escape MMs. Trion needs to wake the **** up at some point. Six months of seesaw stupidity in the pvp department is getting old fast.

This is the big problem.

Warriors are not self healing as they do this either.

I still worry about Warriors, but now it's "I wonder if this guy knows what he's doing" right before the fight starts instead of "If I fight back I'll just waste energy by pressing keys /sit" that it use to be.
    Even free cost too much now

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Warrior aoe = 1100-1400

marks aoe = 200-400

u wrong bro

My fan out hits for an average damage of 500, with a max value of just under 1100. Also I hear that comparing warrior finishers to a rogue spammable attack is a valid comparison.

http://i.imgur.com/RkP4M.png

Taken from a quick BG.
    Last edited by paper; 10-02-2011 at 09:06 PM.
    Storytime - Breaking Bads

Also its obvious that you are comparing the maximum possible damage on a warrior, to the extreme low end of the spectrum of rogue damage. My crits average 600 vs r8 s/b warriors. Just saying.
    Storytime - Breaking Bads

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by paper View Post
    My fan out hits for an average damage of 500, with a max value of just under 1100. Also I hear that comparing warrior finishers to a rogue spammable attack is a valid comparison.

http://i.imgur.com/RkP4M.png

Taken from a quick BG.
    Non crit with R8 weapon Thunder Strike hits for 300-500 depending on Valor. Only it has to be applied in Mele Range, your ******y skill 35m away.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    Warrior aoe = 1100-1400

marks aoe = 200-400

u wrong bro

Talk about ******** numbers basically comparing what a r8 war hits a no valor or a rank 1 to a r8 rogue doing fan out to another r8.
    Last edited by Noctisx; 10-02-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Telaran

I think warrior are less of an issue now. They seem to have a lower burst following patch , which i assume is related to reactive abilities changes.

I can not say i fear rogue in general.
    First i do not fear healing debuff. It is just there. You can regret it,but you do not fear it.
    Also, in average, rogues are less of an issue than they used to be. There are so many people trying new rogues that you see a lot of badly gear , badly skilled players. It is very easy ot kill them or outheal them even with debuff.
    People who were already good at rogue are definetly better, so you need to be very cautious with them. I would say a good rogue is on same level as a very good warrior now. Very good rogue are on a different sphere.

Just my perception.
    Last edited by imzaan; 10-03-2011 at 02:37 AM.

Rift Chaser

HAHAHAHHHAHAHAAHHHAHAHHAHAAHAHA

Ragestorm (warriors) which is one of the many spec people used before and after 1.5 was barely affected by any of the changes

Before Warriors were OP
    After Warriors are not so scary

Before OMG lingering wounds is OP!!!CRY!!!
    After Fell Blades and VA are so op it makes my teeth bleed!!!

Advice to all of you rogues, if you thought you were fine before 1.5 and OP now... give it a few weeks and you will be even less effective than you were before 1.5 and people will still complain that you are OP until eventually you will be forced to roll deep RS builds and people will still complain!!! because they will confuse your tank specs for dps specs and then will believe you can kill people in 2 GCD while you are untouchable... this will last until they buff mages in a calling reorganization patch

whoever took my name on these forums...grrrrrr

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    It was Trion's intent that Rogues were to be feared as much as Warriors. I believe that Trion has failed because Rogues are much more feared then Warriors now.
    Anyone who doesn't fear a warrior (doesn't matter what class you play, even rogue) is in one of the following situations:
    a) the warrior has no clue what game he is playing, or he is fresh 50;
    b) you outgear the warrior vastly;
    c) your PvP skills are not up to date.

I still eat rogues alive (R8s included) with a healer in my back - NOT 1vs1 as PvP is not about solo fights in this game. Every class can counter every other class in certain specs.

When you meet a warrior that knows what he's doing and is getting heals, you will fear him after he steamrolls over your corpse. And no, I'm not playing with a shield.
    Stoneblock - Warrior - The Fires of Heaven - EU Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    It was Trion's intent that Rogues were to be feared as much as Warriors. I believe that Trion has failed because Rogues are much more feared then Warriors now.
    I'm still waiting on these awesome rogues to show up that everyone keeps talking about.
    Serashen - Warrior - Dayblind
    |GP - 4/4| |DH - 4/4| |GSB - 5/5| |RoS - 4/4| |HK - 10/11| |PvP - P8|
    Rift Junkies Moderator - Top Secret Warriors - Intelligent Warrior Discussion

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mikutzu View Post
    I still eat rogues alive (R8s included) with a healer in my back - NOT 1vs1 as PvP is not about solo fights in this game.
    Did I miss anything or are you saying that you lose when you do not have your pocket healer?
    Glad to know you can kill a rogue 2v1. Gratz

Each Class has their own, I hate those <insert class>.

As my ranged rogue, I still fear those warriors. I see one coming for me, I run and get distance, but that's hard to do with the warp and rush. But that's fine because that is a hard counter to kiting. I don't even attempt a high rank cleric unless I'm helping with focus fire which should be the teams top priority. After that, my main goal is to take out the warlocks causing havoc. I'm a hard counter to those warlocks who are melee counters.

As my warrior, I go no where near a warlock. it's almost pure suicide. I still don't fear rogues. If I notice one plucking me with arrows, If I'm not on a healer, they are next on the list. One good thing about warriors, is that the reason we are usually standing the longest is because no team in their right mind will ever say kill the warriors first.

The priority is always, kill the healers, kill the big damage dealers next then mop up the warriors.

So I guess my threat chart will be, and has always been... 1) Other teams Healers and Bards 1a) Any melee on your healers if they are not being pocket healed (read melee rogues because if its a warrior being pocket healed, you need to kill their healer first) 2) Ranged Damage Dealers 3) Melee Damage.

Prior to patch you could easily ignore the Marksmen and place them on mop up duty, unless you notice one being smart and spamming eradicate, then they needed to die fast which they did. Now a well played marksman is very dangerous, and almost make it to the 1) Healers / Bard list especially if they are mixing in all their skills and not a mindless drone. The new and improved Nightblade/RS out there with their defense and offence potency are a pain, but MM on your team need to learn to counter them with eradicate, and warriors with VK need to strip their buffs too. Then they go down very fast.

Overall, speaking from a warrior/rogue point of view. I think the warfronts are getting much closer to balance now. The weekend in the new warfront was about 50/50 win loss ratio for me, with about 25% face roll affairs. The face rolls were primarily due to gear differences or one side having better healing (which equates to more survivable healing). about 75% of my matches were good fights and close calls where the last blast spawn of new relics, and who ever controlled 4 of the 6 won. And you didn't need to control the center to control that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast