+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Rogues. Stop playing dumb. Your class is OP and we all know it.

Default Rogues. Stop playing dumb. Your class is OP and we all know it.

"Well warriors were OP for like 50 patches! Now its our turn!"

Real men don't take turns. Sissy stealthers.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Posting another thread with the same topic will hardly earn you any fans. I play both a mage (R6) & a rogue (R8). Personally I didn't see a problem on either character.

On my mage, I noticed more rogues aoe spamming, but they were mostly the johnny-come-latelies who had no idea how to play. I simply chuckled & moved on. The only rogue who even managed to kill me was a well-geared Sin.

On my rogue, I usually do well so I can't really say I was boosted by the patch that much other than some healing ticks that people seem to think are the hand of God. I did notice that Sin played stronger. I haven't tried NB/RS yet which I was using prior to the patch.

Either way, all these QQ threads are really getting old. Sack up & figure out how to counter whatever is ailing you.

What is the purpose of all these threads?

Do people who play other callings really have some sort of god complex where they feel insecure when on a level playing field?
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-01-2011 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    When time allows I'll be looking at the issue with the class guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyzyx View Post
    What is the purpose of all these threads?

Do people who play other callings really have some sort of god complex where they feel insecure when on a level playing field?
    QFT /10char
    Elitism P7 Bahmi Rogue. Battle Bard / MM / Tank / Sin

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    Posting another thread with the same topic will hardly earn you any fans. I play both a mage (R6) & a rogue (R8). Personally I didn't see a problem on either character.

On my mage, I noticed more rogues aoe spamming, but they were mostly the johnny-come-latelies who had no idea how to play. I simply chuckled & moved on. The only rogue who even managed to kill me was a well-geared Sin.

On my rogue, I usually do well so I can't really say I was boosted by the patch that much other than some healing ticks that people seem to think are the hand of God. I did notice that Sin played stronger. I haven't tried NB/RS yet which I was using prior to the patch.

Either way, all these QQ threads are really getting old. Sack up & figure out how to counter whatever is ailing you.
    Counter, huh? You want me to counter a 50% healing debuff that also drains 25% of the heals back to the rogue? That makes chlorolock useless, necro/lock useless, and any other pure DPS class will get bursted down in a second to rapid fire shot.

Sack up & admit the truth.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by A Mage View Post

Rogues are fine. There aren't that many stealth rogues out there. They're mostly MM. Besides, during the last 3 days of 1.5 I have encountered exactly ZERO complaints in a wf chat about rogues. If you don't like being stun locked, then get Break Free.

What Trion did with this patch is change the dynamic. You can't change with it. You're the girly man.

The only complaint I have about 1.5 is that the latest wf is rather, well, just another exercise for healers. It's lack luster, unimaginative and a pretty big let down. Beyond that, it's all good.
    Last edited by Sumfizz; 10-01-2011 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sumfizz View Post
    Rogues are fine. There aren't that many stealth rogues out there. They're mostly MM. Besides, during the last 3 days of 1.5 I have encountered exactly ZERO complaints in a wf chat about rogues. If you don't like being stun locked, then get Break Free.

What Trion did with this patch is change the dynamic. You can't change with it. You're the girly man.

The only complaint I have about 1.5 is that the latest wf is rather, well, just another exercise for healers. It's lack luster, unimaginative and a pretty big let down. Beyond that, it's all good.
    You tell me what I can change, and I'll do it in a flash. Healing isn't an option with the 25% leech, and non-defensive specs aren't either as I'll get killed in an instant.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

You tell me what I can change, and I'll do it in a flash. Healing isn't an option with the 25% leech, and non-defensive specs aren't either as I'll get killed in an instant.
    You can cleanse the debuff, purge the rogue, or if you are really bad you can stop healing and try to dps the rogue down. This way he gets no heals. Another option is to continue healing, you will still heal your team ,but sometimes you will heal a rogue too. It's a risk if you don't pay attention.

It's almost like you have to use strategy now instead of spamming aoe heals all game like a donkey.
    Last edited by Zyzyx; 10-01-2011 at 10:23 PM.

You can cleanse the debuff, purge the rogue, or if you are really bad you can stop healing and try to dps the rogue down. This way he gets no heals. Another option is to continue healing, you will still heal your team ,but sometimes you will heal a rogue too. It's a risk if you don't pay attention.

It's almost like you have to use strategy now instead of spamming aoe heals all game like a donkey.
    100% uptime, but nice try. Was a GCD (which is 1.5 for mages, BTW) just to have it come back up instantly.
    Xail - R41 Mage
    Guardian
    <We Are Legend>

Prophet of Telara

Don't worry, they'll probably make mages OP again in 1.6.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

100% uptime, but nice try. Was a GCD (which is 1.5 for mages, BTW) just to have it come back up instantly.
    This is just flat in correct. It has a 20% chance to proc which means on average it will re-apply again in the 5 seconds. This gives you up to 5 seconds up to heal which is 5 more seconds the rogue can heal himself. You are welcome.

Is this Taugrims alt?

If you actually 'think' about how your suggestion could work when most targets are AoE'd with the leech debuffs and the only way to heal efficiently is through AoEs (we're not talking about single target healing a tank in a raid here) you'd realise how 'asinine' your suggestion is.

Not sure about the reference to a donkey though, please explain. My donkey is quite articulate and intelligent unlike gibberish I see on these forums on a daily basis.
    Last edited by NerfedWar; 10-01-2011 at 10:31 PM.
    ...the internet treats censorship as damage, and routes around it...
    NerfedWar Addons and Tutorials
    * Note: tutorials are currently being ported to the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    Don't worry, they'll probably make mages OP again in 1.6.
    Pretty sure they're still OP....to other classes who aren't rogues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    Your opinion is wrong and you should feel bad for sharing it with the world.
    11/11 HK(World top 10), 4/4 ROTP, Greenscale/RoS Current-Content Conqueror, GP Cleared, TDH Cleared.

Prestige Rank 8 in a weekend baby.

Quote Originally Posted by NerfedWar View Post
    If you actually 'think' about how your suggestion could work when most targets are AoE'd with the leech debuffs and the only way to heal efficiently is through AoEs (we're not talking about single target healing a tank in a raid here) you'd realise how absurd your suggestion is.

Not sure about the reference to a donkey though, please explain. My donkey is quite articulate and intelligent unlike gibberish I see on these forums on a daily basis.
    Well you have several options to heal. No one is holding a gun to your head forcing you to roll your face over the keyboard mashing all of your aoe's.

You can however continue to do this. You will sometimes heal a rogue inadvertently this way though. Please keep in mind rogues have no real capabilities to do this themselves. It is simply a way to limit your massive impact on the battle field.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast