Default Let us cry together

Let us all gather and cry about the new patch
    Instead of adapting we will shed tears around a bbq fire

Ascendant

If by adapting you mean roll an MM.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    any rogue seems to do fine, they finally are warriors with CDs and healing like a chlororlock

But I hate the idea of being a cowardly op-reroller, so I'll stick to my jack of all trades, master of virtually all (cleric ^^)

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Vember View Post
    Or actually sitting down, figuring out what builds are being used and what their weaknesses are and using that to the advantage.

I know several mages/clerics/warriors on my shards who have adapted builds to counter rogues and are rolling them left and right. Right now rogues are using builds most people havent seen before as almost all were mm bard or sin before but nb and rs builds are now popular and they need to learn how they work.

The people who have adapted are doing fine but some people rather spend that time on a forum whining for change then taking that same time adapting and to it and fighting back.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Ascendant

If by adapting you mean not resubbing. Then yeah I expect people to adapt quickly to their new game of choice.

I don't remember threatening to unsub over six months of Warrior, Mage and Cleric dominance.

Am I just more easygoing, or what?
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    I don't remember threatening to unsub over six months of Warrior, Mage and Cleric dominance.

Clearly, the game had some fun elements for you during that time.

ATM I can not find anything fun to do in Rift.

Having played both ranged and mele classes in a host of games there is just something terribly frustrating about playing mele when Range is too strong. Maybe that's not the case for you, but I find it that way.

If you enjoy the class and know how to play you will do well on it. Might make people cringe or bewilder but I first leveled up a cleric and dropped it like a sack of beans many months ago to roll a rogue. Pretty much never looked back. Rogue fit my playstyle and I made it work plenty good without 1.5. I don't do healing, I'm not good at it. So just because there are good clerics doesn't mean I could just dust off my cleric and be awesome. I felt far more powerful on my rogue than I ever did on my cleric. My cleric felt gimp in comparison. If you find yourself rolling a rogue just cause you think it is the end all and don't even truly enjoy playing it, you're only wasting your own time and going to end up with the short end of the stick. A player who knows the ins and outs of their class with precision and knows all the little quirks and gameplay advantages they can use, they will perform the best on that class. I wouldn't have cared if 1.5 didn't happen, I'd have still kept playing my rogue. It was always the most fun class for me to play.

A good player will make any of the classes a threat, because despite (incoming made up statistics) 85% of the rogues saying rogues blew and half the warriors saying "rogues tickle", I still found myself getting the last laugh and victory on my rogue. I learned how to play it and continue staying familiar with its playstyle. A well played toon will always be wanted and superior. It's why some guilds these days sometimes say "recruiting such and such, this and that, and amazing players". Because no matter what class a good player has, they will be powerful and they will be an asset to a team. Which is what the rare minority of rogues already realized they were capable of before 1.5. Now they are buffed and simply taking names like nobodies business. I'm slaughtering warriors on my MM now opposed to being able to beat warriors, clerics and mages time to time on my rogue. I proved this easily, I used to be able to complete my kill quests just fine on a 45mm/21infil (step into shadow) spec pre 1.5. The spec lacks immense DPS potential but, I found a way to work it because winning isn't all class. It's style, method and tactic. Play what you know and excel at, don't play what you simply think is the best on paper, that theoretical power only goes so far if you aren't great at using it.

I still look at the age poll and ponder though. From a bunch of people society would consider adults, it seems pretty childish to sit around and threaten to quit a game. It's a video game, nobody made you buy it and nobody is forcing you to stay. If you enjoy it, keep playing. If it sucks, put in a new game. Do you think I threw a rented video game into my SNES when I was 9, hated it, and kept playing it? No, I just ejected it and put in a better game. I didn't go to Blockbuster and write the game maker a note saying "this game is terrible, this sucks, that sucks, you did this wrong, and if you don't make a better sequal i'm never playing it again". Get over the self righteousness. Why does everyone always have to make a grand point about leaving to a new game? Just go to Best Buy and play it, if you enjoy it, forget about Rift. I hope people who quit find a game they enjoy, cause that is all they are made for. Seems like people pour way to much hatred and stress out over a VIDEO GAME. Get a grip peoples :/
    Last edited by Violacea; 10-01-2011 at 06:23 PM.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post

Having played both ranged and mele classes in a host of games there is just something terribly frustrating about playing mele when Range is too strong. Maybe that's not the case for you, but I find it that way.
    Then take a break. Every mmo including wow at the start has only so much to do. If you are not having fun take a week off then come back and it might be a new and fun again. If not then unsubscribe and play something else. Play if you're having fun and don't if your not.

Raitoken Rank 8 Rogue | Octuris Rank 2 Mage
    Member of <The Fallen Sons>, Freeholme Server

Quote Originally Posted by solarbear View Post

I basically sat at Vault and ganked people who came to tank my flag. For months. While watching Doctor Who, usually (bowties are cool, btw).

I love RIFT PvP. If all I could get was some 1v1 action with other underpowered Rogues at vault, that's what I did.

Soulwalker

I basically sat at Vault and ganked people who came to tank my flag. For months. While watching Doctor Who, usually (bowties are cool, btw).

I love RIFT PvP. If all I could get was some 1v1 action with other underpowered Rogues at vault, that's what I did.
    Fez's are cool too ya know!

Quote Originally Posted by Grymfyr View Post
    Fez's are cool too ya know!
    And Stetsons!

Tactics OP: Lets us Cry Together

please tell me thread title was an allusion cuz i took it as one
    Last edited by ShalarLight; 10-03-2011 at 06:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

You must be easy going ... or like me, and have 4 characters and realize that by doing that, no matter what the "build of the month is", you will always have "The Best" to play.
    Last edited by Proclus_Lycaeus; 10-03-2011 at 06:10 AM.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

Banned

Nope, but you were crying to the high heavens for Dom nerfs...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast