+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Library of the Zergmasters - Poor Design Meets Disastrous Implementation

It's nothing like Black Garden. You simply do not understand positioning, flanking and abusing map structure if you think this plays anything like Black Garden.
    Last edited by GLopez; 10-01-2011 at 03:49 PM.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

aux

Quote Originally Posted by GLopez View Post
    It's nothing like Black Garden. You simply do not understand positioning, flanking and abusing map structure if you think this plays anything like Black Garden.
    Oh reeeeeeally.
    I'm so BORED

Yup.

Personally, I'm not surprised by this thread. A lot of people still don't seem to know that carriers take more damage when by each other and that all players are immune to fall damage, and most players definitely don't know how to abuse the LOS in the map.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

I agree with you, I just tried this map out, this is nothing like Black Garden in any way, except you fight in the middle.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Yup.

Personally, I'm not surprised by this thread. A lot of people still don't seem to know that carriers take more damage when by each other and that all players are immune to fall damage, and most players definitely don't know how to abuse the LOS in the map.
    Yea, I was abusing the pillars and such to apply dots and kill carriers and such. How people can confuse this with Black Garden i'll never know.. it plays nothing like it.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Default another failure

what kinda of crap is this WF? complete failure !!!!

Trion get some developers that have and imagine not sequels to Black garden. I even believe you put it right underneath black garden>

IDIOTS
    inverted is good

General of Telara

That's not how it has worked for me at all yet. Sucks for you.

Also, how is this any worse than Black Garden or Escalation: Whitfall Steppes? Those warfronts literally require you to zerg the middle. At least this one has four objectives to split teams up.
    LOL

HUGE difference to this to every other WF.

Even Bg even if you hold the middle there is no guarantee you will win, this one it's alll about holding the middle, speedy, but it's sucky, there is no skill to this one, aoe is king, even the port camping is totally stupid.

The map sucks. Its which team can AoE the hardest and the fastest wins.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Antin View Post
    Now if someone in Trion used their head and made the centre aoe immune or you couldn't cast aoes from there, it would make this map way more thought out for peeps.

But hey, I am not a paid designer who has been to university and has degrees in common sense ;)
    Last edited by Elgarr; 10-01-2011 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Its hard to imagine who thought this warfront would be a good idea. If you haven't played yet, here is how it works:
    1. Both teams zerg the center
    2. One team wins the initial battle
    3. The team that wins the initial battle has now won the game
    4. The team that lost the initial battle gets farmed for 10-15 minutes
    5. The game ends with the score 1000-90 (1000-400 in very close games)
    In theory, the team that loses the initial battle can take the teleport to the bottom, which gives a 240 AP/120 SP buff. The problem is this lands you in an uncoordinated pile, right in the other team's AOE.

The other option is to jump down, but once again, you're in an big mess of a spread pattern with no buff and the enemy has the high ground.

As the winning team, you run around plowing the other team as they jump/teleport down to die before your Fan Out/Tyranny/Lightning Field/Earth Burst.

It doesn't really affect me too much, since I can just not play it, but its pretty incredible that such a jacked up piece of content could make it live. Ah well.
    /agree 1000%

All it is a slaughter fest for high rank AOE specs (devouring shadows anyone?), with NO opportunity for tactics or strategy.
    Last edited by Vrothu; 10-01-2011 at 05:27 PM.

Ascendant

I don't know where Trion thinks Zerging is fun. 3 of their 5 WF are just zerg point and pray. Codex and Whitefall are better and more played because they actually take strategy and are fun.

Now a fun WF would be a 5 on 5 set up like Dominion in League of Legends. This would kick butt.

Every top PVPer I'm talking to is liking the map. They like all the LOS and flanking points.
    Zepol @ Seastone - Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Antin View Post
    I admit its a cabalist wet dream since you can just attack whomever is not los, and hit them all.

Ascendant

I recommended a couple ideas to drive peopel out of the middle but the suggestions were never taken. That said this map isn't a zergfest. If its a zergfest for you, you are doing it wrong plain and simple. This map had 3 levels. Its huge, A good team will make use of the map and run circles around a lesser team. I'd like to see those LOS pillars in the middle cast a stacking aoe debuff where after you get 10 stacks your damage is reduced by 10% (1% per stack). the PBAOE would be cast every 30 seconds. So after 5 minutes in the center you would be doing enough less damage that you probably would be unable to hold the center and would be forced to move. Something like that would probably solve some of the issues.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

I haven't played in any Warfront in the MMO any of you have made.
    Even free cost too much now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast