+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 603
Like Tree180Likes

Thread: Rogue self healing is fair and balanced

  1. #16
    Champion of Telara Liandral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,214

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    It I was on PTS for 3 different warfronts tests and not a single mage or cleric wanted to go heals. So, in reality they are at fault for Fell Blades and Vampiric Munitions as they are now.
    Sorry but I disagree - any "test" server/system that relies enough people of equal numbers to test out radical changes (and these WERE radical) from a selfish and fickle playbase is doomed to fail

    And fer christsakes - stop blaming healers for everything sheesh
    Last edited by Liandral; 09-30-2011 at 11:25 PM.

  2. #17
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    Sorry but I disagree - any "test" server/system that relies enough people of equal numbers to test out radical changes (and these WERE radical) is doomed to fail

    And fer christsakes - stop blaming healers for everything sheesh
    Haha I had to place the blame some where!

    Ya I do agree with you on the testing. It's a poor way to test anything in this game, but Trion doesn't have any other reliable way unless they have their programmers and developers play the game like we do, while working on implementing, changing, and updating so many aspects of the game. That option seems unfeasible.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 09-30-2011 at 11:27 PM.
    <Retired>

  3. #18
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    It got through to live because there were no healers on during Warfront testing. I was on PTS for 3 different warfronts tests and not a single mage or cleric wanted to go heals. So, in reality they are at fault for Fell Blades and Vampiric Munitions as they are now. I remember testing FB and having some siphon and thinking it wasn't all that great, it was decent but not enough to keep me alive like it has on main.

    I've been playing my 38NB/15inf/13MM spec and the damage output from that combo is nuts. I absolutely love it. I can understand where you are coming from with not using VM. It really needs to be toned down.

    It's weird because the healing from FB counts on the warfront scoreboard, but I see VM doesn't. Must be a bug.
    You mean those 2 threads stating what a big mistake the skills were, the math provided in them were not enough?
    I mean, it doesnt take a genius to see what would happen. I mean, i wouldnt throw someone out the window and not understand what the end result would be.




    Obviously they would fly away.

  4. #19
    General of Telara phyraxian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Liandral View Post
    Sorry but I disagree - any "test" server/system that relies enough people of equal numbers to test out radical changes (and these WERE radical) from a selfish and fickle playbase is doomed to fail

    And fer christsakes - stop blaming healers for everything sheesh
    It's always the healers fault, regardless of any factors.

  5. #20
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    I think the best initial fix to these abilities would be to only allow them on one person at a time. It's fun selfhealing tons, but not really fair.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

  6. #21
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Most people don't have a problem with rogue damage increases, But giving them the Healing Debuffs and Healing Siphons was just moronic..

    I suppose Assassins are probably crazy overpowered right now, But Honestly all i've seen is Marksman.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

  7. #22
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    You mean those 2 threads stating what a big mistake the skills were, the math provided in them were not enough?
    I mean, it doesnt take a genius to see what would happen. I mean, i wouldnt throw someone out the window and not understand what the end result would be.




    Obviously they would fly away.
    People act like Fell Blades is brand new...its been around forever lol. The ONLY thing that has changed about it is the OP Siphon and the placement in the Nightblade tree. They added VM to match FB so the MM tree so there could be more synergy among the rogue class.

    I didn't see the two threads that were stating VM and FB would be this OP. And honestly if you tested out FB and VM on PTS you would have thought they would not have been a big deal, I for sure as hell didn't think they would have this much of an impact.

    I don't know what it will take for Trion to tone VM and FB down a bit.
    Last edited by Tigruz; 09-30-2011 at 11:31 PM.
    <Retired>

  8. #23
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    You mean those 2 threads stating what a big mistake the skills were, the math provided in them were not enough?
    I mean, it doesnt take a genius to see what would happen. I mean, i wouldnt throw someone out the window and not understand what the end result would be.




    Obviously they would fly away.
    hahahaah

    oh man the ending to this post just had me rolling..
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

  9. #24
    Sword of Telara taugrim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    882

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    People act like Fell Blades is brand new...its been around forever lol. The ONLY thing that has changed about it is the OP Siphon.
    It was also moved from 32 points down to 16, which completely changed the degree of its accessibility.
    Taugrim
    50 R8 Cleric @ Dayblind (Guardian) | 50 Warrior @ Harrow (Defiant)
    Twitter: @taugrim | Blog: taugrim.com
    Guides: M*A*S*H Melee Healer Cleric PVP | Riftblade Warrior PVP | Strafing / Keybindings

  10. #25
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by taugrim View Post
    It was also moved from 32 points down to 16, which completely changed the degree of its accessibility.
    Ya I edited that part. Fell Blades was fairly common with rogue pvp specs pre 1.5, the big reason people notice it now is because of the siphon. It mainly was overtaken by Lingering Wounds in the past.
    <Retired>

  11. #26
    Sword of Telara paper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Digits View Post
    I think the best initial fix to these abilities would be to only allow them on one person at a time. It's fun selfhealing tons, but not really fair.
    A possible fix to be sure, but I personally would rather have the ability to aoe spread a healing debuff than increase my own personal survivability. But I play as a dps, I am sure the clerics hanging around would disagree.
    Storytime - Breaking Bads

  12. #27
    Ascendant Sorovos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    2,419

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    People act like Fell Blades is brand new...its been around forever lol. The ONLY thing that has changed about it is the OP Siphon and the placement in the Nightblade tree. They added VM to match FB so the MM tree so there could be more synergy among the rogue class.

    I didn't see the two threads that were stating VM and FB would be this OP. And honestly if you tested out FB and VM on PTS you would have thought they would not have been a big deal, I for sure as hell didn't think they would have this much of an impact.

    I don't know what it will take for Trion to tone VM and FB down a bit.
    Dropping Felblades in the NB tree alone is a massive balance change, Even if MM didn't get their Heal Debuff, It would of still allowed 44 Marksman to achieve a heal debuff.

    Eradicate is EXTREMELY powerful, Anyone who's played any game ever with Buffs know how powerful a Buff Shear is, and in this game, Buffs are extremely important. Hell If you played DAOC alone you'd know how powerful the ability is. Take DAOC, It was considered EXTREMELY powerful for a Support Toon, (The Shaman) who has piss poor damage and **** for survivability to have a Heal Debuff (Disease) and Buff Shears.

    So Allowing any spec that allowed Eradicate Users to obtain a Heal Debuff without a massive cooldown (like the one in the Infil tree) was extremely pushing it.

    Attaching a bloody Heal Siphon on top of it is just plain bad gaming and bad balance work on the part of Developers.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

  13. #28
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,103

    Default

    I expect the siphons to be toned down a bit. I wish they'd change Anathema while they're at it. Shorter duration, shorter cooldown, or uncleansable. I like how it's an activated ability instead of passive, but it doesn't compare to FB/VB at all in uptime when aggressive dispelling is involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro View Post
    Rogues are completly fine to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by pro
    please stop qq about nerfs because i promise if u keep it up rift will shut down because they have no subribers and we will have wasted our money on a failed game simply because everyone was acting like little kids because they couldnt faceroll anyone and it actually took effort to kill them

  14. #29
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tigruz View Post
    People act like Fell Blades is brand new...its been around forever lol. The ONLY thing that has changed about it is the OP Siphon and the placement in the Nightblade tree. They added VM to match FB so the MM tree so there could be more synergy among the rogue class.

    I didn't see the two threads that were stating VM and FB would be this OP. And honestly if you tested out FB and VM on PTS you would have thought they would not have been a big deal, I for sure as hell didn't think they would have this much of an impact.

    I don't know what it will take for Trion to tone VM and FB down a bit.
    No one complained about it because it was simply another LW, which was complained about but, everyone adapted to it.

    It is the siphon part, that is the real problem.

    And there were 2 threads stating it. I simply had to look at the description of it, and see what would happen. almost every dps build for cleric require healing because of low dps (survival) and most builds for mages have a healing component due to low survivability. Meaning that whomever is debuffed would receive the heals from anyone of them.

    Plus dedicated healers and bards.

    Seriously?

    I mean, unless the tool tip said siphon kool aid or something, its not very hard to interpret and comprehend what would happen.

  15. #30
    Ascendant Tigruz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,930

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paper View Post
    A possible fix to be sure, but I personally would rather have the ability to aoe spread a healing debuff than increase my own personal survivability. But I play as a dps, I am sure the clerics hanging around would disagree.
    If our healing debuff is nerfed with the AoE then Lingering Wounds should feel the same affect. If our application of our healing debuffs remains as it is, then the healing siphon should only come from our primary target.

    That and lowering the siphon percentage should put our healing debuffs back in line and properly balanced. Because after all, its a purgable debuff.
    <Retired>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 41 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts