Closed Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54
Results 796 to 801 of 801
Like Tree322Likes

Thread: Trion Dropped the Ball With RIFT Patch 1.5 PVP

  1. #796
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    I'll hold yours for a moment then. How many debuffs are typically on a target in PvP? One? Ok, I've got it covered. Two? 3 seconds to get them. Three? 4.5 seconds - that's a lifetime without casting a single heal and assuming the buff is not reapplied.

    LW is OP. But at least it requires a crit to apply. With a 20% chance, at target #5 you have at least a 99.58% chance of having it applied at least once. That's 5 seconds (when the skill is debugged) to have a guarantee of at least one application (for a MM - it's much less than that for fan). If that is the only debuff applied, in 1.5s I have a guaranteed chance to cleanse it. If it's not, it's a crapshoot. And, while rogues are applying the debuffs ~while doing damage~ I am, perhaps, going to cleanse it, was a GCD that is half again as long as the rogue's while doing nothing else.

    You don't think that's even slightly imbalanced? You really can't see any validity at all in the concerns over this when combined with an overall damage buff to the class and a passively applied leech that renders healing detrimental to the healer's team? I'm very confused as to the lack of objectivity shown regarding this thread.
    Unlike LW... you can strip the buff off the player who is debuffing you ... or you can cleanse the person he debuffed.

    But sure like I said all you nerf screamers will be fine for rogues to get a 15 point into a tree passive heal debuff off crit that CANNOT BE CLENASED just like warriors? If so good... if not you just showed your biased...

  2. #797
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    Unlike LW... you can strip the buff off the player who is debuffing you ... or you can cleanse the person he debuffed.

    But sure like I said all you nerf screamers will be fine for rogues to get a 15 point into a tree passive heal debuff off crit that CANNOT BE CLENASED just like warriors? If so good... if not you just showed your biased...
    sigh. Your derogation doesn't affect me at all. You obviously are fairly unaware of other soul's abilities and wouldn't care if you were.

    I think the passive LW debuff is OP as well - in fact, I think you should have to make a conscious choice to attempt to apply it, not just spam abilities and have it auto-proc. We disagree and you're going to dismiss my discussion out of hand because I am biased, or at least you will claim I am. Perhaps I am. My PvP experience is diminished pretty continuously and I've never felt dominant, which you will immediately put down to suckage. I am obviously biased because I think the rogue buffs went too far. And you, with your arrogant, condescending anger, are obviously not.

    Straw man is straw man.

  3. #798
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    I'll hold yours for a moment then. How many debuffs are typically on a target in PvP? One? Ok, I've got it covered. Two? 3 seconds to get them. Three? 4.5 seconds - that's a lifetime without casting a single heal and assuming the buff is not reapplied.

    LW is OP. But at least it requires a crit to apply. With a 20% chance, at target #5 you have at least a 99.58% chance of having it applied at least once. That's 5 seconds (when the skill is debugged) to have a guarantee of at least one application (for a MM - it's much less than that for fan). If that is the only debuff applied, in 1.5s I have a guaranteed chance to cleanse it. If it's not, it's a crapshoot. And, while rogues are applying the debuffs ~while doing damage~ I am, perhaps, going to cleanse it, was a GCD that is half again as long as the rogue's while doing nothing else.

    You don't think that's even slightly imbalanced? You really can't see any validity at all in the concerns over this when combined with an overall damage buff to the class and a passively applied leech that renders healing detrimental to the healer's team? I'm very confused as to the lack of objectivity shown regarding this thread.
    Taugrim is a joke now to anyone with any mental capabilities. He never talked about how the buff could be stripped from the rogue or that it is cleansable on the target.

    And he never said.. hey why dont we just copy LW over to rouges 15 into a tree make it a passive heal debuff that CANNOT BE CLEANSED... and we call it fair and even.. but no.. he ignored all of that and wants to put himself off as a good guy who is great at pvp...

    So either again he ignored the fact it can be stripped from the rogue and cured from the target or didnt think about it.. so taugrim.. are you not a good pvp critical thinker and not think about the fact it is purgable and cleansable or are you biased.. either one makes your words worth nothing...

  4. #799
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    724

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by astrocanis View Post
    sigh. Your derogation doesn't affect me at all. You obviously are fairly unaware of other soul's abilities and wouldn't care if you were.

    I think the passive LW debuff is OP as well - in fact, I think you should have to make a conscious choice to attempt to apply it, not just spam abilities and have it auto-proc. We disagree and you're going to dismiss my discussion out of hand because I am biased, or at least you will claim I am. Perhaps I am. My PvP experience is diminished pretty continuously and I've never felt dominant, which you will immediately put down to suckage. I am obviously biased because I think the rogue buffs went too far. And you, with your arrogant, condescending anger, are obviously not.

    Straw man is straw man.

    No anger here Im laughing at all these people who are showing themselves biased or not able to see all the ways around this problem.. but you know its a team game they say.. well when warriors and clerics have great abilities that take a team to get around... but one time you have to think about rogues.. well its nerf time.

    Everyone who looks at this and not see that you have multiple options to stop the vm and fb... but you cannot DO A SINGLE THING TO STOP LW. So go scream to high heaven and get LW nerfed.. then you can stand behind a VM or FB nerf.. because LW is still 10x more powerfull because you cannot stop it from being applied and you cannot get rid of it.. even thru death...

  5. #800
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Redeemer View Post
    No anger here Im laughing at all these people who are showing themselves biased or not able to see all the ways around this problem.. but you know its a team game they say.. well when warriors and clerics have great abilities that take a team to get around... but one time you have to think about rogues.. well its nerf time.

    Everyone who looks at this and not see that you have multiple options to stop the vm and fb... but you cannot DO A SINGLE THING TO STOP LW. So go scream to high heaven and get LW nerfed.. then you can stand behind a VM or FB nerf.. because LW is still 10x more powerfull because you cannot stop it from being applied and you cannot get rid of it.. even thru death...
    Ok.


    asdfkfhgh

  6. #801
    Ascendant Sonic Rain Boom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    1,937

    Default

    Hi everyone,

    We feel that this thread has degenerated into a non-constructive discussion, so we've closed it. Please remember to keep your comments respectful and constructive at all times on our forums, even when you disagree with others.

    If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

    Thank you!

Closed Thread
Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ... 4 44 50 51 52 53 54

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts