+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Man Up.

Default Man Up.

The crying in Rift has got to stop. The PvP crowd in this game is home to some of the biggest whiners of any game I've ever played.

Mages: You have been running around in insane self healing chlorolock builds, using a game mechanics in a way other than intended by double tapping devouring shadows, and enjoyed the ridiculously insane pyromancer damage for far too long.

And you know what? I'm fine with that. I'm fine with the fact that, while all of you were playing overpowered specs, I was playing my humble rogue at a level that most of you would only dream of. (Yeah, I'm feeling humble tonight.)

Clerics: You were unkillable GODS, and it still takes a group to take down a well played cleric. You have dozens of viable solo specs, and some decent group dps specs. Yes, some. A well played cleric or two is wanted in every group composition in this game. You are the best healers in game, and some of the best soloers in game.

I'm fine with that. I'm never complained about these Godlike clerics. It was a challenge to fight against them. It kept me entertained. It helped me improve and try out different strategies, different comps, and I'm glad I learned how to deal with them in a group and solo setting.

Warriors: Oh my were you overpowered huh? Dropping players of the same rank in a matter of seconds. That cleric you charge up to better hope he/she has a full stack of HoT's ticking or they're might ****ed. Yeah you were glass cannons, but you had your time to shine. You still even after today have great group and solo specs. Or at least the decent ones do.

I'm fine with that. I adapted and learned to wipe the floor with every single last parachamp that dared to step foot in my territory.

Rogues: Perhaps the most vocal group. We all *****ed and moaned for buffs and we finely got them. Do I think we needed them? For some specs, yes. Do I think most of you will now magically be good with the new buffs? Hell no. Skill is skill, and frankly, alot of players seem to be lacking that.

We had our time with sab, we had our fun with Marksman (in beta lol).

Now us rogues are finally in a good spot. Quit all your damn *****ing. Try playing a rogue from beta till now and get back to me. I've played a cleric, mage, and warrior; and while I don't claim to be good at these classes, I can play them to some level of effectiveness.

Because none of you like losing (lets face it, who does?) you ruin the game for other classes. It isn't a case of overpowered in most cases, its a l2p case. Yup, I said it. Learn. To. Play. Adapt. Beat down all those baddie rogues, spec for break free. All of the other classes can hard counter rogues in one spec or another. I suggest you find these specs, and utilize them.

And when the nerf bat hits us rogues again in a week or two, I'll still be beating you down. As will all of the good rogues on your respective servers. You'll be back here once again, crying for more nerfs.

And to that I say (with the utmost cheesy-ness)

-Crymoor.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

I noticed a bunch of rank 2-4 rogue population rise this week, I guess all the people that abandoned their rogues when they sucked have been logging back on them. I'm R8, they're not, and I'm melting them in Warfronts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    I believe Assassin DoTs are uncleansable.

It's still a terrible PvP spec compared to Marksman, though.

Well said. But they will still QQ.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

A rogue player saying it is fine.

I played all 4 class, rogue is almost r6 now,Mage is R7.
    All I can say is this:
    Mage is unplayable in World PvP and die super fast in Warfont.

I stopped playing NB spec for my rogue because MM or Sin is JUST TOO GOOD plus staying 20meter from target with no way to hide is suicide.
    Warrior is worst, did I say 20meter is suicide?
    Cleric, ok... I just quit healing because it is now almost impossible to keep people up against the rogue overlord.
    Well done Trion.
    From what I know about Trion, Nerf is coming , and it will be hard.
    Last edited by Wawer; 09-28-2011 at 06:48 PM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    A rogue player saying it is fine.

I played all 4 class, rogue is almost r6 now,Mage is R7.
    All I can say is this:
    Mage is unplayable in World PvP and die super fast in Warfont.

I stopped playing NB spec for my rogue because MM or Sin is JUST TOO GOOD plus staying 20meter from target with no way to hide is suicide.
    Warrior is worst, did I say 20meter is suicide?
    Cleric, ok... I just quit healing because it is now almost impossible to keep people up against the rogue overlord.
    Well done Trion.
    From what I know about Trion, Nerf is coming , and it will be hard.
    You should've stopped playing NB because it sucked. It was terrible. Horrible. If you put more than 38 points in it you were bad. (Sorry you were great every 2min.)

If the mage is unplayable you're either a.) Bad or B.) getting zerged and refusing to run with a group.
    Warrior? We just had a new warrior join our guild today and I watched him when 2v1 after 3v1 after 4v1. It was incredible. L2p issue. Cleric is what I have the most experience with besides rogues. If you can't keep a target up then they ether are not wearing valor gear, or you can't cleanse for whatever reason. Since you're only having trouble against rogues. fyi all our heal debuffs can be cleansed.

If you'd like I can put you in touch with some mages, clerics, and warriors who I have seen doing amazing things solo and in groups. It's not the class, it's you.

You made all these different toons because you were indecisive about what to play and found that you couldn't excel with anyone. Practice makes perfect. Get to work, bud.
    Last edited by Rolemodel; 09-28-2011 at 06:55 PM.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    The crying in Rift has got to stop. The PvP crowd in this game is home to some of the biggest whiners of any game I've ever played.

Mages: You have been running around in insane self healing chlorolock builds, using a game mechanics in a way other than intended by double tapping devouring shadows, and enjoyed the ridiculously insane pyromancer damage for far too long.

And you know what? I'm fine with that. I'm fine with the fact that, while all of you were playing overpowered specs, I was playing my humble rogue at a level that most of you would only dream of. (Yeah, I'm feeling humble tonight.)

Clerics: You were unkillable GODS, and it still takes a group to take down a well played cleric. You have dozens of viable solo specs, and some decent group dps specs. Yes, some. A well played cleric or two is wanted in every group composition in this game. You are the best healers in game, and some of the best soloers in game.

I'm fine with that. I'm never complained about these Godlike clerics. It was a challenge to fight against them. It kept me entertained. It helped me improve and try out different strategies, different comps, and I'm glad I learned how to deal with them in a group and solo setting.

Warriors: Oh my were you overpowered huh? Dropping players of the same rank in a matter of seconds. That cleric you charge up to better hope he/she has a full stack of HoT's ticking or they're might ****ed. Yeah you were glass cannons, but you had your time to shine. You still even after today have great group and solo specs. Or at least the decent ones do.

I'm fine with that. I adapted and learned to wipe the floor with every single last parachamp that dared to step foot in my territory.

Rogues: Perhaps the most vocal group. We all *****ed and moaned for buffs and we finely got them. Do I think we needed them? For some specs, yes. Do I think most of you will now magically be good with the new buffs? Hell no. Skill is skill, and frankly, alot of players seem to be lacking that.

Now us rogues are finally in a good spot. Quit all your damn *****ing. Try playing a rogue from beta till now and get back to me. I've played a cleric, mage, and warrior; and while I don't claim to be good at these classes, I can play them to some level of effectiveness.

Because none of you like losing (lets face it, who does?) you ruin the game for other classes. It isn't a case of overpowered in most cases, its a l2p case. Yup, I said it. Learn. To. Play. Adapt. Beat down all those baddie rogues, spec for break free. All of the other classes can hard counter rogues in one spec or another. I suggest you find these specs, and utilize them.

And when the nerf bat hits us rogues again in a week or two, I'll still be beating you down. As will all of the good rogues on your respective servers. You'll be back here once again, crying for more nerfs.

-Crymoor.
    "Clerics: You were unkillable GODS, and it still takes a group to take down a well played cleric"

Since they really can't do that much damage it WAS probably balanced...how else are they to keep their team alive while taking damage themselves? I bet you complain about heals in the WF's when you feel you don't get enough, now?

That quote can be applied to ANY class that has a skilled player and the almighty gear backing them....problem is R1-4's take on R5-R8's (leaving that part out) and then come here and complain their class needs buffs and the classes needs nerfs. Of course, Trion enables this by allowing R1-R8 in the same WF's (thus causing much of the problem). Trion then knee jerks (because they lose subs), and makes changes that are bad for the pvp environment (causing other paying customers to unsub, who come here to plead their case before doing so). Which, Trion has said they wanted feedback. So ppl that come on and say "stop whinning". Needs to realize that Trion said they wanted feedback (good or bad) so they know what to fix. Problem is, they need to TEST changes with fully geared R8's vs. fully geared R8's (then scale down from there). And hopefully, they will not keep adding ranks, as this will terrible for keeping any new customers (having to grind so many levels), at least in it's current state...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    I noticed a bunch of rank 2-4 rogue population rise this week, I guess all the people that abandoned their rogues when they sucked have been logging back on them. I'm R8, they're not, and I'm melting them in Warfronts.
    I don't mind this. They are not only terrible, but easy KB.

Bad rogues are still bad.

You should've stopped playing NB because it sucked. It was terrible. Horrible. If you put more than 38 points in it you were bad. (Sorry you were great every 2min.)

If the mage is unplayable you're either a.) Bad or B.) getting zerged and refusing to run with a group.
    Warrior? We just had a new warrior join our guild today and I watched him when 2v1 after 3v1 after 4v1. It was incredible. L2p issue. Cleric is what I have the most experience with besides rogues. If you can't keep a target up then they ether are not wearing valor gear, or you can't cleanse for whatever reason. Since you're only having trouble against rogues. fyi all our heal debuffs can be cleansed.

If you'd like I can put you in touch with some mages, clerics, and warriors who I have seen doing amazing things solo and in groups. It's not the class, it's you.

You made all these different toons because you were indecisive about what to play and found that you couldn't excel with anyone. Practice makes perfect. Get to work, bud.
    Funny, the only thing available when I get jumped by a rouge is break free and its on a 2 minute cooldown...must be a bug then?

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    "Clerics: You were unkillable GODS, and it still takes a group to take down a well played cleric"

Since they really can't do that much damage it WAS probably balanced...how else are they to keep their team alive while taking damage themselves? I bet you complain about heals in the WF's when you feel you don't get enough, now?

That quote can be applied to ANY class that has a skilled player and the almighty gear backing them....problem is R1-4's take on R5-R8's (leaving that part out) and then come here and complain their class needs buffs and the classes needs nerfs. Of course, Trion enables this by allowing R1-R8 in the same WF's (thus causing much of the problem). Trion then knee jerks (because they lose subs), and makes changes that are bad for the pvp environment (causing other paying customers to unsub, who come here to plead their case before doing so). Which, Trion has said they wanted feedback. So ppl that come on and say "stop whinning". Needs to realize that Trion said they wanted feedback (good or bad) so they know what to fix. Problem is, they need to TEST changes with fully geared R8's vs. fully geared R8's (then scale down from there). And hopefully, they will not keep adding ranks, as this will terrible for keeping any new customers (having to grind so many levels), at least in it's current state...
    Ask anyone on my battlegroup, I never complain about heals. If I don't que with a healer I don't expect any.

That quote can not be applied to every class? How many specs are there that 1-2 players cant kill solo? I can't think of any except pre-nerf wardens. Even still they are pretty tough.

The PTS was fully geared r8's vs fully geared r8's. I was there. I offered input and fought other equally geared players. It was perfectly balanced. The problem is undergeared, less skilled players think they should be able to compete with the best of the best. That ain't happenin'.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

Quote Originally Posted by Lords0fpain View Post
    Funny, the only thing available when I get jumped by a rouge is break free and its on a 2 minute cooldown...must be a bug then?
    Bad rogues open with stun. Either that or you are undergeared. There are other CC breaking abilities in this game, and many specs can outlast the rogue stun and just heal themselves up afterwards.

PS makeup doesn't jump anyone.

* rogue
    Last edited by Rolemodel; 09-28-2011 at 07:05 PM.
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

I am a rogue and I say from stealth we are way to overpowered atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    I am a rogue and I say from stealth we are way to overpowered atm.
    And I say you're fighting bad players.

I watched my healer tank 4 rogues today. Yes he eventually died but he lasted a good 30sec while keeping me up long enough to wipe the defiant group.

Bad players do exist!
    Crymoor/Crymor
    Rank 8 Rogue
    <The Granite Guard>

Rift Chaser

And I say you're fighting bad players.

I watched my healer tank 4 rogues today. Yes he eventually died but he lasted a good 30sec while keeping me up long enough to wipe the defiant group.

Bad players do exist!
    Ok you just said you wiped a defiant group by yourself with heals and you think rogues are fine?

Soulwalker

-Crymoor.
    And you know what...every class that was 'unstoppable'/'unkillable'/'just plain ****ing OP...have gotten the nerf soon after Trion wanted to change the flavor for a week with whatever class/spec.

And don't think for a split second Trion won't do the same for you Rogues. So live in your glory hours/days because I'm quite sure Trion will slap the NERF hammer on rogues soon enough. Just because your class got the almighty OP buff for this patch, does not give you the right to tell everyone else here to **** and stop being crybabies.

Wait a week tops, you will get toned down. I'm sure 90% of Rift population will complain about seeing nothing but rogues in WF's after this weekend.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by magehater View Post
    And you know what...every class that was 'unstoppable'/'unkillable'/'just plain ****ing OP...have gotten the nerf soon after Trion wanted to change the flavor for a week with whatever class/spec.

And don't think for a split second Trion won't do the same for you Rogues. So live in your glory hours/days because I'm quite sure Trion will slap the NERF hammer on rogues soon enough. Just because your class got the almighty OP buff for this patch, does not give you the right to tell everyone else here to **** and stop being crybabies.

Wait a week tops, you will get toned down. I'm sure 90% of Rift population will complain about seeing nothing but rogues in WF's after this weekend.
    Dont bet on it...how long did pyro's rule wf's and Trion even knew how strong they were BEFORE they put the patch through. Rogues got nerfed waaaaay back in beta (poors marks) and each patch seemed to take away , more than give. Seems every class gets its time to shine so why not the rogues turn? Since there are only 4 classes, means trion will have to go back to one of the 3 next patch!!! I'm hoping for a huge buff to the clerics myself, put our damage on par with our heals!!! I can only imagine the tears everyone else will be crying. Truly then, will we be gods.
    Last edited by Drunkhealer; 09-28-2011 at 08:31 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast