+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Man Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Rogues were fine in comparison to Mages/Clerics, Wanting to be Overpowered like Warriors because Warriors are overpowered is an an excuse for buffing your class to stupid levels.

Everyone Rogue spec worked, The only one i thought needed a remotely decent buff was Bladedancer..
    And that's why we do not agree

Mages and Clerics were right up there with the warriors in my eyes. You couldn't even move in a warfront without bumping into a Chlorolock or Warden.

Now we actually have specs that work on the same level yours do.

I will say that I haven;t been able to test this out in person yet. I'm purely theorycrafting off the changes and what guildies have told me. I have seen nothing to suggest this massive "OP ROGUE" I hear getting shouted around.
    Last edited by Satiar; 09-28-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sawsan View Post
    its less enjoyable for true players,i aint playing to rofl stomp people with less to no skill req ,i used to think before now i can just mash buttons and kill things,whats the point??
    You may not have noticed this, but everyone else I see in warfronts is capable of doing what rogues are doing now. I wasn't having much trouble with rogues tonight (aside from the fact that they were all over the place). Melee rogues are no harder to counter than a warrior. Rogues are no more potent offensively than any other popular build you see for any of the other callings in the game. You may not like the new pace of combat with the rogue post 1.5, but we're finally in a position to give just as well as we get.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    The crying in Rift has got to stop. The PvP crowd in this game is home to some of the biggest whiners of any game I've ever played.

Mages: You have been running around in insane self healing chlorolock builds, using a game mechanics in a way other than intended by double tapping devouring shadows, and enjoyed the ridiculously insane pyromancer damage for far too long.

And you know what? I'm fine with that. I'm fine with the fact that, while all of you were playing overpowered specs, I was playing my humble rogue at a level that most of you would only dream of. (Yeah, I'm feeling humble tonight.)

Clerics: You were unkillable GODS, and it still takes a group to take down a well played cleric. You have dozens of viable solo specs, and some decent group dps specs. Yes, some. A well played cleric or two is wanted in every group composition in this game. You are the best healers in game, and some of the best soloers in game.

I'm fine with that. I'm never complained about these Godlike clerics. It was a challenge to fight against them. It kept me entertained. It helped me improve and try out different strategies, different comps, and I'm glad I learned how to deal with them in a group and solo setting.

Warriors: Oh my were you overpowered huh? Dropping players of the same rank in a matter of seconds. That cleric you charge up to better hope he/she has a full stack of HoT's ticking or they're might ****ed. Yeah you were glass cannons, but you had your time to shine. You still even after today have great group and solo specs. Or at least the decent ones do.

I'm fine with that. I adapted and learned to wipe the floor with every single last parachamp that dared to step foot in my territory.

Rogues: Perhaps the most vocal group. We all *****ed and moaned for buffs and we finely got them. Do I think we needed them? For some specs, yes. Do I think most of you will now magically be good with the new buffs? Hell no. Skill is skill, and frankly, alot of players seem to be lacking that.

We had our time with sab, we had our fun with Marksman (in beta lol).

Now us rogues are finally in a good spot. Quit all your damn *****ing. Try playing a rogue from beta till now and get back to me. I've played a cleric, mage, and warrior; and while I don't claim to be good at these classes, I can play them to some level of effectiveness.

Because none of you like losing (lets face it, who does?) you ruin the game for other classes. It isn't a case of overpowered in most cases, its a l2p case. Yup, I said it. Learn. To. Play. Adapt. Beat down all those baddie rogues, spec for break free. All of the other classes can hard counter rogues in one spec or another. I suggest you find these specs, and utilize them.

And when the nerf bat hits us rogues again in a week or two, I'll still be beating you down. As will all of the good rogues on your respective servers. You'll be back here once again, crying for more nerfs.

And to that I say (with the utmost cheesy-ness)

-Crymoor.
    Don't get me wrong as a warrior.....I'll still bash the crap of a rouge who dares try and MM me pre and post 1.5, you guys can have your buffs, don't matter to me, I'll still kill you. In fact your probably gonna need more, the way your ran over the unexpected warriors today in WFs, just means it's only a few days before we respec and it's back to rouges and unskilled mages QQing about how OP warriors are again

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    And that's why we do not agree

Mages and Clerics were right up there with the warriors in my eyes. You couldn't even move in a warfront without bumping into a Chlorolock or Warden.

Now we actually have specs that work on the same level yours do.

I will say that I haven;t been able to test this out in person yet. I'm purely theorycrafting off the changes and what guildies have told me. I have seen nothing to suggest this massive "OP ROGUE" I hear getting shouted around.
    Oh, your opinion is vastly more useless now then before..

You've not even tested the changes, Yet you come into threads and talk about them.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by Kok View Post
    A rogue player saying it is fine.

I played all 4 class, rogue is almost r6 now,Mage is R7.
    All I can say is this:
    Mage is unplayable in World PvP and die super fast in Warfont.

I stopped playing NB spec for my rogue because MM or Sin is JUST TOO GOOD plus staying 20meter from target with no way to hide is suicide.
    Warrior is worst, did I say 20meter is suicide?
    Cleric, ok... I just quit healing because it is now almost impossible to keep people up against the rogue overlord.
    Well done Trion.
    From what I know about Trion, Nerf is coming , and it will be hard.
    So what i understand from your post - your are bad at any class u play.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    So what i understand from your post - your are bad at any class u play.
    I bet I am better at rogue than you do since i pay all four calling and have better understanding on how they works and weakness.
    I'm also one of those who think rogue is fine in 1.4, just need a slight buff to some skill and abilities.
    Just spend a WF spamming range attack on a enemy group with a warrior attacking me. Somehow I outheal his dmg.
    If you don't see that as a problem. I don't know what is.
    A lot of the rogue I know give up on main Nightblade spec not because Nightblade is nerf. In fact Nightblade also get a buff . It just that MM or Sin is too good.
    Last edited by Wawer; 09-29-2011 at 12:52 AM.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

The crying in Rift has got to stop. The PvP crowd in this game is home to some of the biggest whiners of any game I've ever played.

Mages: You have been running around in insane self healing chlorolock builds, using a game mechanics in a way other than intended by double tapping devouring shadows, and enjoyed the ridiculously insane pyromancer damage for far too long.

And you know what? I'm fine with that. I'm fine with the fact that, while all of you were playing overpowered specs, I was playing my humble rogue at a level that most of you would only dream of. (Yeah, I'm feeling humble tonight.)

Clerics: You were unkillable GODS, and it still takes a group to take down a well played cleric. You have dozens of viable solo specs, and some decent group dps specs. Yes, some. A well played cleric or two is wanted in every group composition in this game. You are the best healers in game, and some of the best soloers in game.

I'm fine with that. I'm never complained about these Godlike clerics. It was a challenge to fight against them. It kept me entertained. It helped me improve and try out different strategies, different comps, and I'm glad I learned how to deal with them in a group and solo setting.

Warriors: Oh my were you overpowered huh? Dropping players of the same rank in a matter of seconds. That cleric you charge up to better hope he/she has a full stack of HoT's ticking or they're might ****ed. Yeah you were glass cannons, but you had your time to shine. You still even after today have great group and solo specs. Or at least the decent ones do.

I'm fine with that. I adapted and learned to wipe the floor with every single last parachamp that dared to step foot in my territory.

Rogues: Perhaps the most vocal group. We all *****ed and moaned for buffs and we finely got them. Do I think we needed them? For some specs, yes. Do I think most of you will now magically be good with the new buffs? Hell no. Skill is skill, and frankly, alot of players seem to be lacking that.

We had our time with sab, we had our fun with Marksman (in beta lol).

Now us rogues are finally in a good spot. Quit all your damn *****ing. Try playing a rogue from beta till now and get back to me. I've played a cleric, mage, and warrior; and while I don't claim to be good at these classes, I can play them to some level of effectiveness.

Because none of you like losing (lets face it, who does?) you ruin the game for other classes. It isn't a case of overpowered in most cases, its a l2p case. Yup, I said it. Learn. To. Play. Adapt. Beat down all those baddie rogues, spec for break free. All of the other classes can hard counter rogues in one spec or another. I suggest you find these specs, and utilize them.

And when the nerf bat hits us rogues again in a week or two, I'll still be beating you down. As will all of the good rogues on your respective servers. You'll be back here once again, crying for more nerfs.

And to that I say (with the utmost cheesy-ness)

-Crymoor.
    Nerf bat - she be comin

No ifs, buts or maybes so enjoy it while it lasts

Psstttt - I have 2 rogues and at least honest enough to admit they've overdone it...........again

^.^
    Last edited by Liandral; 09-29-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Prophet of Telara

The crying in Rift has got to stop.
    It won't, all games with PVP have more QQ than anything else on their forums, comes with the territory, too many people play PVP because they think beating someone else's pixels with their own makes them some sort of tough guy.

There is no way after all this time Trion is going to Nerf Rogues just because we are now as good as every other class.. If the other classes keep *****ing since they dont want to learn to play and still want to be able to eat Rogues for BT procs then thats there fault.. If they do keep *****ing then maybe they will get some buffs but just because they can now get killed by a Rogue that means Rogues need a nerf? LOL Rogues have been nerfed for 6 months...

Quote Originally Posted by Conundrum View Post
    I don't mind this. They are not only terrible, but easy KB.

Bad rogues are still bad.
    That can't be true! Haven't you read the forums lately? So faceroll easy no one can fail at it.
    Etna - Rogue 5/5 GSB 4/4 RoS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 10/11 HK PvP 8/8

Quote Originally Posted by Zarbane View Post
    Ok you just said you wiped a defiant group by yourself with heals and you think rogues are fine?
    actually he said he picked off four people trying to kill the tanky healer, but good try

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

Plane Touched

Good thread, will read again.
    Riffy@Seastone

Quote Originally Posted by element77x View Post
    Don't get me wrong as a warrior.....I'll still bash the crap of a rouge who dares try and MM me pre and post 1.5, you guys can have your buffs, don't matter to me, I'll still kill you. In fact your probably gonna need more, the way your ran over the unexpected warriors today in WFs, just means it's only a few days before we Get the new spec from Kruunch and gang and it's back to rouges and unskilled mages QQing about how OP warriors are again
    fixed, bill is in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Rizaz View Post
    FYI Riftstalker running isn't even pve. .... You might as well call riftstalker running PVE.

lol, i agree. Im one of the whiners, but that comes from playing FPS games to much. I cant scream at the people that kill me in a WF, so i have to whine .
    Last edited by Hakumen; 09-29-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Pentium 2 800mhZ CPU
    Wth is a video card??
    186 RAM Stick..
    A computer box.. tower
    A pretty small Hard drive.

of course when rogues where crying ... no one made a 'man-up thread'

Hmmmmmmm..... he who whine loudest wins.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast