+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Man Up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    Bad rogues open with stun. Either that or you are undergeared. There are other CC breaking abilities in this game, and many specs can outlast the rogue stun and just heal themselves up afterwards.

PS makeup doesn't jump anyone.

* rogue
    I seem a lot of these "bad" rogue killing everyone else with stun-locking. You can land 2 skill within the stun cycle.
    Deepstrike:Gintoki cleric r47 Shinpachi warrior r46, Kayura rogue r50, Tsukuyo mage r47
    Laethys: Roba r44
    GW2:Ayo Timako , level 54 Necro

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Rolemodel View Post
    And when the nerf bat hits us rogues again in a week or two, I'll still be beating you down. As will all of the good rogues on your respective servers. You'll be back here once again, crying for more nerfs.

And to that I say (with the utmost cheesy-ness)

-Crymoor.
    Actually, I think most people would be happy with that. I don't mind losing to a good player, I'll sit back while I'm respawning and think "well played, how can I stop that from happening next time?". It's pretty obvious when you die to a bad player relying on an overpowered ability/macro though (take your pick, Pyro GoP+redball, Warrior oGCD globalling, Cab AoE etc.), and those are the times that people get frustrated.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RagnorIronclad View Post
    Actually, I think most people would be happy with that. I don't mind losing to a good player, I'll sit back while I'm respawning and think "well played, how can I stop that from happening next time?". It's pretty obvious when you die to a bad player relying on an overpowered ability/macro though (take your pick, Pyro GoP+redball, Warrior oGCD globalling, Cab AoE etc.), and those are the times that people get frustrated.
    Lies, you may do that, others will come to the forum and QQ about Slip Away or something that caught their attention
    I quited Rift, the lack of end game pvp+Gear based game+AoE zerg fest on many WF just kill the way i like pvp. (am p7,5)
    Small Skirmishes all over the place
    Currently am playing SC2 and Team Fotress 2, if you like skill based balanced games, try then out, btw Team Fotress 2 is now FREE!

Ascendant

That's a part of PvP, though. There seems to be an awful lot of people who approach PvP with the same mindset as PvE. "Dying makes me rage."

I dropped a chlorolock today with my assassin. They were probably a rank or two above me just based on their HP and if it weren't for Fell Blades keeping them in line they probably would have beat the hell out of me. I didn't open with Paralyzing Strike...I frontloaded all the damage I could and then re-opened with a Deadly Dance buffed Assassinate.

The thing is...they were a prime example of a player making a poor choice about hot to respond to my assault and they got gibbed because of it. They just stood there until right before I hit Slip Away. That's 3-4 seconds of 'tra-la-la-lolrogue on my arse' that cost them a trip to the GY. Given that one of their teammates had already started chewing through my health bar with the quickness before I even hit Slip Away, if they had simply tried to zig when I zagged they probably would have survived.

So I come here today and (not surprisingly) the community is going through the 'post-patch someone else got buffed' syndrome, I know for a fact a lot of people lining up the QQ are people just like that chlorolock who haven't adapted yet. Whether or not they ever adapt is only my problem if they keep up the snivel fits for more than a couple of weeks and prompt over-aggressive nerfs.

I did all but one of my warfront runs tonight on MM and had an assassin load me up with bleeds via stunlock while Break Free was on CD and I ran right up to a healer on my team who was mostly just standing there and ran circles around them hoping to draw their atention (and thus some heals) before I bled out and fell over. Seems certain chlorolocks aren't the only ones who haven't quite adapted to the new state of rogues, because if I had been able to score one moderate heal I would have lived to keep up the pewpew while I waited for some splash healing to slowly top me up.

Every patch that brings about a significant change to the dynamic in warfronts requires at least a week or two for people to sort out how things are working and adapt. If people are still screaming in a couple of weeks, nerfs are largely inevitable. People screaming today? Doesn't mean anything.

Just imagine instead of the R8 Rogue, it was an R8 Warrior beating on you. *Of course* you're going to die, it's an R8 Warrior!

Only now you have to apply that to Rogues. Cuz we're not second class citizens anymore.
    Officer of Legacy, Keenblade.

Prestige Rank 8 -- 4/10 HK -- Rogue

Shadowlander

i stopped playing with my rogue cuz of the number of bad rogues that are around now,used to feel special being a good rogue while bads was wrost calling in the game,yes rogues needed MINOR tweaking not this ****.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Every patch that brings about a significant change to the dynamic in warfronts requires at least a week or two for people to sort out how things are working and adapt. If people are still screaming in a couple of weeks, nerfs are largely inevitable. People screaming today? Doesn't mean anything.
    I agree, it takes a few days/weeks to sort out the "crying wolf" from legitimate concerns. While the PTS is good for picking up bugs and some glaring balance issues, the somewhat artificial environment and lower population will never provide the same sample size as when it hits Live servers and see what balance stuff has fallen through the cracks.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sawsan View Post
    i stopped playing with my rogue cuz of the number of bad rogues that are around now,used to feel special being a good rogue while bads was wrost calling in the game,yes rogues needed MINOR tweaking not this ****.
    Funny, I don't play a character because of what other people are doing with it. I play it because I enjoy it, and there's nothing that came with 1.5 that has made playing a rogue less enjoyable for me.

Shadowlander

and enjoyed the ridiculously insane pyromancer damage for far too long.
    ridiculously insane pyromancer damage
    pyromancer damage

Rofl, the OP argument is great

"Lets whine about everyone else, and get them nerfed, and get us buffed, THEN and only THEN should everyone stop crying and just play the game"
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by Sawsan View Post
    I never felt special playing well with a bad calling. I felt like there was a lot of wasted effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Rofl, the OP argument is great

"Lets whine about everyone else, and get them nerfed, and get us buffed, THEN and only THEN should everyone stop crying and just play the game"
    It's really hard to agree with you, as you claimed Rogues were fine before the patch multiple times.

As obviously that was not the case, of course you now feel they're overpowered.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Funny, I don't play a character because of what other people are doing with it. I play it because I enjoy it, and there's nothing that came with 1.5 that has made playing a rogue less enjoyable for me.
    its less enjoyable for true players,i aint playing to rofl stomp people with less to no skill req ,i used to think before now i can just mash buttons and kill things,whats the point??

Ascendant

I agree, it takes a few days/weeks to sort out the "crying wolf" from legitimate concerns. While the PTS is good for picking up bugs and some glaring balance issues, the somewhat artificial environment and lower population will never provide the same sample size as when it hits Live servers and see what balance stuff has fallen through the cracks.
    PTS is also notorious for people who only show up out of great fear or great excitement. Lots and lots of rogues were on the PTS every time I was on, all of them eager to check out the changes and see how things were shaping up. And lots of players who don't play rogues were on the PTS to see what they were going to be up against when 1.5 went live. And the PTS forums reflected that: abundant rogues insisting the buffs weren't enough and abundant non-rogues insisting that rogues were going to wind up OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Satiar View Post
    It's really hard to agree with you, as you claimed Rogues were fine before the patch multiple times.

As obviously that was not the case, of course you now feel they're overpowered.
    Rogues were fine in comparison to Mages/Clerics, Wanting to be Overpowered like Warriors because Warriors are overpowered is not an excuse for buffing your class to stupid levels.

Everyone Rogue spec worked, The only one i thought needed a remotely decent buff was Bladedancer..
    Last edited by Sorovos; 09-28-2011 at 10:04 PM.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast